RCCL Service?

On 3/5/2019 at 7:53 AM, BecciBoo said:

You tell me,...... YESTERDAY, I emailed Vision of the seas concerning our next cruise at VI_Restaurantoperationscoodernator@rccl.com (every ship has this site with their own initials)  as I have on every cruise...to request a table in main dining.  

TODAY I received this answer:

Good day Ms. XXXX,

Table has been assigned as requested , table for 2 near the window - AQUARIUS Dining Room - Deck 4

That is the best service one can ask for....just another reason I support the service RCCL stands for in most cases on this board...another side of the story.

They have always done everything in their power to provide my requests and correct any issues we've had.  That's why we cruise them most of the time.

I also think the Dining Coordinators are great!  

I find the service on board RCCL ships to be consistently very good.  I believe a lot of problems are not resolved properly because of poor communication by an angry passenger, or someone with a " 'tude".  That's why I insist on Mr. pcur sitting DOWN while I handle the problem.  :classic_biggrin:

On 3/5/2019 at 12:33 PM, mayleeman said:

OP: I don't usually point out typos on boards, but is that email supposed to include the spelling"coordinator" or did the RCCL person setting it up make the typo? If it is a typo, I thought people would not want to cut and paste.

This question as well, is there a typo in your email address, or is it set up that way by RCCL?

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Great to hear OP!

I did our request about a week and a half ahead of time for our March 15 Navigator cruise.  Haven't heard back, and don't necessarily expect to.  I'll verify where we're at once on board.  We do my time dining, but tend to go toward the early side of the dining hours and if we like the table and wait staff we will request the same table for the rest of the cruise.  They can usually accommodate this as long as you don't try to schedule a time right in the middle of dining hours, like 6:30-7:30.   This allows us to get to know our wait staff, but also have the flexibility to change our dining time for a day or two if we need to.

Dan

Last cruise back in Nov 2018, we had MTD. Did not make a specific request for a certain table but was always given  the same table each night, even though our dining times varied widely each night.  And on the 2 nights we were not in the MDR, our table was empty.  So it was great, as we like to have the same waiters each night.

Not sure if that was specific to the Liberty as when we did Oasis last year, we always sat at a different table during MTD, sometimes with the same waiter, sometimes not.

On 3/5/2019 at 10:53 AM, BecciBoo said:

You tell me,...... YESTERDAY, I emailed Vision of the seas concerning our next cruise at VI_Restaurantoperationscoodernator@rccl.com (every ship has this site with their own initials)  as I have on every cruise...to request a table in main dining.  

Good day Ms. XXXX,

Table has been assigned as requested , table for 2 near the window - AQUARIUS Dining Room - Deck 4

That is the best service one can ask for....just another reason I support the service RCCL stands for in most cases on this board...another side of the story.

They have always done everything in their power to provide my requests and correct any issues we've had.  That's why we cruise them most of the time.

Is this for a set dining time reservation...not MTD?

We have My time for 6pm each night and are only 3 of us on Allure, I wanted to request the same thing but dont know if they will reserve a table for MTD.

5 hours ago, dedels said:

How far in advance of sailing would you recommend reaching out to dining re these kinds of requests? 

Is there such thing as "too early"?

I would give it 3 weeks prior to the cruise.

Yes the addie is correct I just copy/pasted and it went through...I did mess up the first email by leaving out the RCL from rcldining@rccl.com though.  So that one came back undeliverd.  But the second one is correct.  No hyphen...

I just got my reply from Royal Caribbean about our cruise next week on the Navigator .   I guess this is how they are handling it.  Looks like I’ll be checking in with the maître d’ when I arrive on the ship. 

“Good day:

All table assignments for My Time Dining are done onboard the ship. Our onboard staff will be delighted to assist with your table request. Enjoy your sailing!”

Dan

31 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I just got my reply from Royal Caribbean about our cruise next week on the Navigator .   I guess this is how they are handling it.  Looks like I’ll be checking in with the maître d’ when I arrive on the ship. 

“Good day:

All table assignments for My Time Dining are done onboard the ship. Our onboard staff will be delighted to assist with your table request. Enjoy your sailing!”

Dan

That has been my understanding too, the rcldining email is primarily for requests for those assigned to traditional dining.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

That has been my understanding too, the rcldining email is primarily for requests for those assigned to traditional dining.

Yeah, it's been hit or miss for us.  We've always done My Time Dining, but roughly 1/3 of the time we've received a reply back with detailed info.  My kind of request, with My Time Dining,  is probably best handled on the ship to be honest.  If I like our table and wait staff the first night I'll ask to repeat.  🙂

Dan

On 3/5/2019 at 9:53 AM, BecciBoo said:

Good day Ms. XXXX,

They did the same thing for us when we took our Liberty cruise. They even sent us a layout of the MDR with the available 2-tops highlighted, so we could pick the one we wanted!