Dining Package

• 5 weeks later...

The Ultimate Dining Package indicates "40% off wine bottles" in the specialty dining venue.  I am sure these aere dumb questions but....does that truly mean if they normally charge $32 for a bottle of wine it will now be $19.20 if purchased while dining in that specialty restaurant?  Is gratuity based on the $32 or the $19.20?   Has anyone gotten the discount at a bar  before dinner?  Sorry....we don't buy wine bottles but my sister does.  She likes to have her wine before (and during) dinner so just curious if she can buy a bottle prior to dinner?  Are you limited to one bottle?  (Don't judge.😀)  It truly is not for me but I know she will ask so I would like to know other folks' experience. 

Thanks for any/all info and sharing your experience. 

Has anyone had any recent luck with embarkation day lunch?  Seems I’ve read them allowing it sometimes and not sometimes. I assume it wouldn’t hurt to go to one of the restaurants and ask?  Boarding Navigator May 10th, figured I’ll try Chops and Jamie’s. If not then hey the Windjammer is right there!

1 hour ago, yzfmik said:

Has anyone had any recent luck with embarkation day lunch?  Seems I’ve read them allowing it sometimes and not sometimes. I assume it wouldn’t hurt to go to one of the restaurants and ask?  Boarding Navigator May 10th, figured I’ll try Chops and Jamie’s. If not then hey the Windjammer is right there!

We had it (at Jamie’s) on Symphony in Feb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yzfmik said:

You could also ask one of the helpful people when you first board?

• Like 1

In January on Harmony we had lunch in Chops shortly after embarkation.  We plan to do it again on Allure in June, but I am concerned that it might be a problem with the Key people having preference there.

According to the Royal Caribbean people on FB, I was told we should still be able to go to Chops on boarding day and will have the regular lunch menu.  I asked if the menu is going to be different because I had read that the Key had a "limited" menu and was told by the same person that we would have the regular lunch menu with the UDP.

• Like 1

We have UDP on our Mariner cruise in 3 weeks.  We also have the Key which includes a reduced menu Chops lunch on Embarkation day.  Do you think it might be possible that we could order off the regular Chops lunch menu since we have the UDP?

3 hours ago, skiiergirl said:

The Ultimate Dining Package indicates "40% off wine bottles" in the specialty dining venue.  I am sure these aere dumb questions but....does that truly mean if they normally charge $32 for a bottle of wine it will now be $19.20 if purchased while dining in that specialty restaurant?  Is gratuity based on the $32 or the $19.20?   Has anyone gotten the discount at a bar  before dinner?  Sorry....we don't buy wine bottles but my sister does.  She likes to have her wine before (and during) dinner so just curious if she can buy a bottle prior to dinner?  Are you limited to one bottle?  (Don't judge.😀)  It truly is not for me but I know she will ask so I would like to know other folks' experience. 

Thanks for any/all info and sharing your experience. 

I am perplexed by that too.

35 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

In January on Harmony we had lunch in Chops shortly after embarkation.  We plan to do it again on Allure in June, but I am concerned that it might be a problem with the Key people having preference there.

According to the Royal Caribbean people on FB, I was told we should still be able to go to Chops on boarding day and will have the regular lunch menu.  I asked if the menu is going to be different because I had read that the Key had a "limited" menu and was told by the same person that we would have the regular lunch menu with the UDP.

We had the Ultimate dining package on Allure at Christmas and were not allowed to use it on boarding day.  

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We had the Ultimate dining package on Allure at Christmas and were not allowed to use it on boarding day.  

I think many things are different during Christmas sailings.  Royal Caribbean reaps a ton of money during those cruises, so there are policy changes at that time of year.  JMO.

I did see your post prior to mine stating it wasn't available when you sailed at Christmas.  As I said, I am able to go to Chops on boarding day in June based on what I was told by Royal Caribbean.  

I'm sorry things were different for you, but I would expect that for a Christmas and New Year's Eve cruise.

6 minutes ago, katiel53 said:

I think many things are different during Christmas sailings.  Royal Caribbean reaps a ton of money during those cruises, so there are policy changes at that time of year.  JMO.

I did see your post prior to mine stating it wasn't available when you sailed at Christmas.  As I said, I am able to go to Chops on boarding day in June based on what I was told by Royal Caribbean.  

I'm sorry things were different for you, but I would expect that for a Christmas and New Year's Eve cruise.

Hope things work out for you although we were told that it had started a couple weeks before our sailing.  I’m not convinced that it had anything to do with it being doe to a holiday sailing but more to do with different ships doing different things.  Phone reps have been known to provide wrong information.  

Like key I said I hope it works out but don’t be upset if it doesn’t.  

Edited by Ourusualbeach