*Live* from the Eurodam - Hawaii/Tahiti/Marquesas

seamist

11 hours ago, seamist said:

For our 28 day cruise it was $789 per couple.

Our 7 day cruise is $199 per couple

Glad the weather is improving and Thanks for the photos!

Foodie here 🙂  Does steam room have a view?

21 hours ago, seamist said:

Yeah, it is currently active on Eurodam for at least this cruise.  However, as mentioned previously, if you happen to not like what you ordered, then the waiter will bring you another one at no charge (this according to our waiter - who happens to be one of the best we’ve had btw!)

I think this is a crack down on those who would order several entrees in order to blog about them or sample each one, taking only a bite or two of each and wasting the rest.  My husband ran into one lady who did this:  ordered every single entree, took a bite of each entree, and left the rest.  Smh.

We Debarked on the 9th and will be following along and looking forward to reading more!  

Our Waitstaff was also awesome, Eta and Eric.  Ronaldo, our Wine Steward.  Our Sailing was first to implement the $10 surcharge.   Just wanted to add to your post that substitutions are allowed on Sides and on Steak and Lobster night they will bring a 2nd Tail instead of the Steak.  

We had wonderful Weather and hope your Sailing does, too!  

4 hours ago, riverrat said:

Our 7 day cruise is $199 per couple

Glad the weather is improving and Thanks for the photos!

Foodie here 🙂  Does steam room have a view?

Wish it did, but no they don’t.  There are 2, one slightly bigger than the other.

7 minutes ago, idiebabe said:

We Debarked on the 9th and will be following along and looking forward to reading more!  

Our Waitstaff was also awesome, Eta and Eric.  Ronaldo, our Wine Steward.  Our Sailing was first to implement the $10 surcharge.   Just wanted to add to your post that substitutions are allowed on Sides and on Steak and Lobster night they will bring a 2nd Tail instead of the Steak.  

We had wonderful Weather and hope your Sailing does, too!  

Glad to hear about the 2nd tail in lieu of the steak - my DW does that often.

Sharing some views of this beautiful day, couldn’t ask for better👍 Captain reported Honolulu and Hilo are supposed to be equally gorgeous weather wise, sunny, mid to high 70’s.

The only downside is Capt Scott also said we would not be doing the volcano sail by as we depart Hilo, that darn volcano has decided to behave and there are no fireworks to see.  Instead we will continue our path to Fanning Island.

78FAB9B4-1F00-4824-9A60-BF6E83192B7B.jpeg

02661A1C-0F93-4F86-A5B6-8AA28600C811.jpeg

Tonight’s menu and more foodie pics....red velvet cake was to die for.....going to gain so much weight before I get home, oh my word 😳😬. Going to have to up the miles walking around deck from 2 to 5!

FD9AFDB4-9C53-4E72-BA19-E7E2C44A0C0B.jpeg

0362596B-2BF0-4F74-95F0-3FF757F87528.jpeg

F84CFB61-97AD-4A50-93E9-E6A7ACCD743A.jpeg

68BFE7C2-3511-42C1-8268-CF173CF1E3EF.jpeg

5FC09896-0F8F-480E-BBB5-0317D7C18165.jpeg

E823DAD2-0155-4D9E-8EDA-749264D5AE18.jpeg

651CD1B7-CAFF-4DC2-BE71-29F4D4076775.jpeg

A9721CBA-FC59-4089-8410-6200166FB069.jpeg

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Sorry that you won't get to see the volcano spewing fire as you leave Hilo.  We had great views of that a number of years ago.

Great pictures.

We went past it Dec, 2017 and it was nothing special.  We could barely see a red glow in spots.  Quite disappointing.

If production shows are important, try MSC Cruises. They have production shows every night, sometimes an additional afternoon show.

But MSC is nothing like Holland America. Most of their ships are largeer than HAL’s ships.

Land Ho!  Have arrived in Honolulu and my what a gorgeous day!!  Hot and sunny, great for those beach goers.  We have been to Honolulu previously and have been to the Pearl Harbor Memorial, USS Missouri, Hiked Diamond Head, been to Waikiki, and done a dolphin excursion....so this trip we plan to tour the Iolani Palace.  I am intrigued by the idea it is the only royal palace on U.S. soil.  Should be interesting.  

Also managed to get over to WalMart in the am to buy some macadamia nuts, some water and assorted other items we forgot.  For whatever reason the free shuttle didn’t arrive today, so had to walk it.  We did take the Hilo Hatti shuttle and was able to pick up some things at Target in the Ala Moana shopping center (Target).  And found a shirt on sale at Hilo Hattie’s!  Lunch and then off to the palace!

Today’s activities:

9CEF2C32-55E4-4FB8-98D9-7C214F0681B2.jpeg

545C9FC1-9A08-4CAD-8995-E5D890D27A05.jpeg

1F77C9C6-DBBA-456B-89C1-2623AF4B28AA.jpeg

2EC31AEE-F232-4039-8C2B-ADDA04614DC0.jpeg

Enjoyed our self-guided tour of Iolani Palace.  I would recommend this tour if you enjoy historic buildings, well worth it, particularly if not done before.  A very hot and sunny day with great weather.  A bit of relaxing before dinner and on to Hilo tomorrow.

8AF80F81-8CA1-4EE3-ACD4-E537E0FC14F5.jpeg

AD1476E9-2CB7-4FD4-A0A7-F6F86529F366.jpeg

• Like 1

On 3/14/2019 at 12:56 PM, seamist said:

Here we are Sea Day #5 and it’s gorgeous outside.  Sunny, calm seas, temps in the 70’s.  Today’s activities:

7A9B6520-80CC-4B19-9617-1E94B54F7254.jpeg

2010DF7E-AF77-424E-A04F-9900ACBC4664.jpeg

8E800DDF-35B3-4BA2-9B43-F26746EFBFFA.jpeg

I noticed at 9:00 am “Polyfit” with your Hawaiian ambassadors, any chance do you know what that is?    Never heard of that before.

58 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

I noticed at 9:00 am “Polyfit” with your Hawaiian ambassadors, any chance do you know what that is?    Never heard of that before.

All I know is a Polynesian fitness class.  Honestly haven’t gone lol.  Maybe somebody who has will report.

We have arrived in Hilo, another gorgeous day, high 70’s low 80’s, bright and sunny.  A bit of a scare this morning at around 6:00 am ship time.  Woke up to the alarm system calling crew to muster stations. I poked the DH, did you hear that?  All is well, apparently a sprinkler system got triggered over one of the engines and the Capt cancelled the alarm and explained the situation.

Having been to Hilo previously, toured Volcanos National Park already, and various other sights to see in previous visits to Hilo, today we plan to go to the Farmers Market.

Today’s activities:

387269D6-5937-492F-B70D-A19348C2695C.jpeg

05FEBCCE-626D-49E3-8302-AE4E01E9C10B.jpeg

B0D93A68-1FF8-483E-AF0D-CD4784DA11F5.jpeg

Thank you so much for taking the time to post. It's really nice of you and it's appreciated.  We're doing HAL to Alaska on 5/11 with a NS, and glad we are now, considering what you said about the basic veranda rooms. 

We have the Tamarind booked for dinner one night and was thinking about Pinnacle for another, but based on the menus you shared, seems the MDR has us covered, saves $70.  

What really helped was the daily activities, which of course yours are Hawaii Based (I spent a lot of time in Hawaii / Oahu) and ours will be Alaska, it helped to shore up my desire to get the NS for relaxation and time to recoup from work/stress.  I don't see a lot on that activity sheet that would make me want to get away from the view or veranda 🙂

Again, thanks! 

4 minutes ago, tommui987 said:

What sort of camera are you using? Pictures are so sharp!

And (dumb question) how do you post your photos onto your posting?

Thanks!

I did not post, I only replied.  I checked the images, but seems the forum strips out the exif information from the photos. I can't see what they're using, assuming only a phone.  There is an attach to post (paperclip) I see in each post that allows me to attach like this...

2019-03-16_11-49-41.jpg

I have just read your postings from start to page 5.  Thank you for letting us enjoy this cruise with you.  Will you be buying flowers in Hilo for your cabin?  And, re your cabin...can your TA contact HAL and try to arrange for a change?  

Your posts and photos are wonderful...thank you.  Cherie