*Live* from the Eurodam - Hawaii/Tahiti/Marquesas

seamist

Lovely pictures seamist and I want to thank you too for taking time out on your holiday to keep us all happy till our next cruise sorry it was raining on Fanning island but at least you got there I love the basics of it all including the banana stash under cover , so where are we going to next ?☺

21 hours ago, seamist said:

Not really.  They will consider themselves a quintet simply because they are traveling together.  I have been involved in music my entire life.  Whether or not a grouping is a piano quintet or a string quartet with piano accompaniment depends entirely upon the composition or arrangement of the music, not individual viewpoints.  Having listened to this wonderful group some of the pieces have no doubt been written as a piano quintet, particularly the classical pieces.  However many of the non-classical performances the piano part is clearly a supportive role making it a string quartet with piano accompaniment - vital - but still supportive.  I can 100% guarantee you that were I to talk with this group about the movements and arrangements I would get an entirely different answer.

Both viewpoints (quartet or quintet) is entirely correct depending upon the composition, which is why this entire discussion is ridiculous.  There has been no reason to make this an issue trying to prove you’re right or someone else wrong.  It is not productive to the discussion at hand (Tahiti cruise) as this is not a forum regarding musical groupings.  It has in fact been rude and condescending.

I very much appreciate the positive comments and I for one would prefer to get back to the topic at hand.  Thank you.

Today we are in Fanning Island awaiting the tender to go ashore.  My understanding is 30 min trip over and 30 min trip back via the tenders.  No facilities ashore and were told most guests only stay an hour or so then back aboard.  Hopefully can snag a few pictures.

I apologize if you interpreted my post as rude or even condescending. Please note the last words of my post:  Hope this helps. I am sorry that the subject matter took on such importance. 

Please enjoy your cruise!  We are all having the opportunity of a lifetime!

On 3/12/2019 at 3:53 PM, seamist said:

On a funny note I saw Santa Claus!  He does indeed vacation to Tahiti in the off season 😁.  Very interesting gentleman with a flowing white beard, red polo, and Green shorts

I met this gentleman on a Panama Canal transit a while back.  If you see him around would you please tell him that Jack (aka Doc) from the Panama Canal cruise says hello!

45 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Lovely pictures seamist and I want to thank you too for taking time out on your holiday to keep us all happy till our next cruise sorry it was raining on Fanning island but at least you got there I love the basics of it all including the banana stash under cover , so where are we going to next ?☺

We are currently enjoying a couple more sea days enroute to Bora Bora.  We will spend 2 days there, overnighting.  Stay tuned we have a lovely tour booked with Patrick of Mahoui Nui (not sure of spelling on that one, lol).

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 6:28 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Donner looks wonderful -- especially the chocolate dessert.

KK, I know this was just a simple typo and you did indeed mean dinner.  However, it gave me a bit of a chuckle and an ewwww at the same time.   I had recently read a book about the Donner Party tragedy in 1847.  The Donners were indeed dinner and the chocolate desert would have been a blessing.

54 minutes ago, TrolleyGirl said:

KK, I know this was just a simple typo and you did indeed mean dinner.  However, it gave me a bit of a chuckle and an ewwww at the same time.   I had recently read a book about the Donner Party tragedy in 1847.  The Donners were indeed dinner and the chocolate desert would have been a blessing.

Lol!

23 hours ago, boards said:

The food looks very good, however the portions seem to appear rather small.   Were they??

I had to go back to the menu to look what the beef was  which was prime rib.  That seemed 2/3 the size of what we had on the Rotterdam last month.   The veal rolls looked kinda small too.  That would be difficult for no "seconds" and the portions shrunk too.  

prime rib 21119.jpg

2 hours ago, TrolleyGirl said:

These old eyes do give new meaning to things I mistype.

I watched the special about the Donners on the weather channel some time ago.

Today’s activities here in the South Pacific on another hot day, partly cloudy, a bit of sun.  We cross the equator today (my first time in the Southern Hemisphere).  Will be a King Neptune ceremony/tradition at 1:00 pm I will try to snag pics of:

520C175A-6B36-4EB6-8F8D-0A952499B91B.jpeg

021F56A9-B212-4F19-BBFC-4775C389EA6C.jpeg

B39471E2-1F2D-49DD-8363-43F5C8095B68.jpeg

Doesn't look like they did a lot for the ceremony.  I know that the various ships we have been on, the pool was so full of crap when the ceremony was done that it took hours to get the mess cleaned up.

Somewhere I have a picture of my DH kissing the fish.

Food looks good.

Thanks for the menus.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Doesn't look like they did a lot for the ceremony.  I know that the various ships we have been on, the pool was so full of crap when the ceremony was done that it took hours to get the mess cleaned up.

Somewhere I have a picture of my DH kissing the fish.

Food looks good.

Thanks for the menus.

They did do all sorts of sliming lol, wasn’t close enough to get pics and then it takes so long to upload the pics I’m limited in how many I can get up. Trust me, it lasted long enough for me to get quite the sunburn waiting on it to end so I could get out of the Sun!  Dummy me wasn’t prepared for how long it was going to last and had no hat or sunscreen with me, it was all down in the cabin and didn’t want to lose my seat so didn’t go down and grab any.   Ooops.  Definitely know better next time!

Edited by seamist
  • Like 2

I didn't see the moonfish on the menu. Did they serve it or just use it for a prop. From what we've been told on our Paul Gauguin cruises, it doesn't last long at warm temperatures, and needs to be served shortly after it's caught. It tastes great so it would be a shame if it's just for show.

1 hour ago, SWFLAOK said:

I didn't see the moonfish on the menu. Did they serve it or just use it for a prop. From what we've been told on our Paul Gauguin cruises, it doesn't last long at warm temperatures, and needs to be served shortly after it's caught. It tastes great so it would be a shame if it's just for show.

I have no idea...the latest pic of the fish is the seared wahoo on the menu. Is moonfish and wahoo the same thing?

Edited by seamist