*Live* from the Eurodam - Hawaii/Tahiti/Marquesas

seamist

19 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

QUESTION - is CNBC still on the TV?  I am hearing that not all ships have it anymore.

The live tv showing is msnbc, bbc world news, Fox News, travel channel, prime one, espn, espn 2

13 hours ago, seamist said:

Tonight’s menu and foodie pics -

C37284D0-EEDD-4A1D-BD07-1FFB55F13741.jpeg

6772BDDF-0EC6-411C-A553-A7015BEA431C.jpeg

48A074AB-B730-4CC8-8178-76934CD09549.jpeg

1DF0C157-6B20-462F-ACB8-5FAC4E569974.jpeg

74419ADD-17FD-4381-8C17-D52F7C80385C.jpeg

00B417B1-86EF-4853-9327-4C4695D7B87D.jpeg

That is the same Council menu we had our last night on NA last month. The guinea fowl was good and I had 2 of the crab cakes. The chocolate puff pastry was mmmmm!! 😀

• Like 1

Today begins Sea Day #4 and seas are much calmer, temperature is 70 degrees with highs expected to be about 79 degrees.  To go back to a previous poster wondering about the Sauna/Steam Rooms, the Sauna is for everyone and is located just outside the Lido Pool ( just past the ping pong tables on the left, thermal suite to the right as you go down the hallway towards the Spa area).  There is a men’s and women’s (men on the left women on the right) as I’ve tried to show in the pics below.

The steam room is ONLY for those who purchase a thermal suite pass.  Found out as well that for this cruise as well as the upcoming Hawaii cruises there will be no day passes offered for the Thermal Suite.  You either must be in a suite receiving your free one day pass or you must purchase a pass for the entire voyage.   Following post is today’s activities.

152DC058-DA79-4FAF-A079-78916EF742E5.jpeg

A18BB6F4-5449-4012-93E3-69856CD90FAE.jpeg

Edited by seamist

Haven’t taken too many photos of the Lido buffet area, but thought I would post one of my breakfast this morning to give an idea.  Today is just another kick around day for us relaxing, and reading, which is fine by me 😁

C66127E2-98F6-4177-A4F6-4331AA237E6F.jpeg

I hope you didn't answer this question previously, but I was wondering what you are hearing about the additional $10 per entree in the MDR.   There is a thread on CC that is going nuts about it, but I haven't heard from anyone that has 1st hand knowledge.   

I believe the Eurodam is one of the ships that is currently under the trial period but I may be mistaken.   It looks like it says that on your dinner menu but I had a hard time reading the fine print :classic_unsure:

I'm on NA in a couple of weeks and it is also one of the "trial" ships.

Any insight?

47 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

I hope you didn't answer this question previously, but I was wondering what you are hearing about the additional $10 per entree in the MDR.   There is a thread on CC that is going nuts about it, but I haven't heard from anyone that has 1st hand knowledge.   

I believe the Eurodam is one of the ships that is currently under the trial period but I may be mistaken.   It looks like it says that on your dinner menu but I had a hard time reading the fine print :classic_unsure:

Any insight?

Looking at the menus posted in this thread, it says a charge of $10 will be added to your check per additional entree. It's just another petty upcharge, like they're doing in just about every other area. I get the motivation, but pinching those pennies until Lincoln starts screaming is not going to make it a better cruise experience. 

We were just on in January, and it hadn't started yet. So there were a few nights when a double entree arrived at the table (for several members of the "crew"). Guess that's going to change for the upcoming Hawaii trip - or maybe not. We'll see. With some $100 OBC cards from the TA, it might not make much difference.

And a part of me wants to ask just how long it's going to take before they figure out they can charge extra for towel animals, too…

Edited by bigez

1 hour ago, cruzin4us said:

Any insight?

Yeah, it is currently active on Eurodam for at least this cruise.  However, as mentioned previously, if you happen to not like what you ordered, then the waiter will bring you another one at no charge (this according to our waiter - who happens to be one of the best we’ve had btw!)

I think this is a crack down on those who would order several entrees in order to blog about them or sample each one, taking only a bite or two of each and wasting the rest.  My husband ran into one lady who did this:  ordered every single entree, took a bite of each entree, and left the rest.  Smh.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I didn't realize a NS perk is a one day thermal suite pass.  I am sorry we missed out on this perk last June on our Alaska cruise.

Its not.  Its for 5 Star Mariners only.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, seamist said:

Found out as well that for this cruise as well as the upcoming Hawaii cruises there will be no day passes offered for the Thermal Suite.  You either must be in a suite receiving your free one day pass or you must purchase a pass for the entire voyage.   Following post is today’s activities.

His post says otherwise.  I wonder if this is a new perk?

52 minutes ago, seamist said:

Yeah, it is currently active on Eurodam for at least this cruise.  However, as mentioned previously, if you happen to not like what you ordered, then the waiter will bring you another one at no charge (this according to our waiter - who happens to be one of the best we’ve had btw!)

I think this is a crack down on those who would order several entrees in order to blog about them or sample each one, taking only a bite or two of each and wasting the rest.  My husband ran into one lady who did this:  ordered every single entree, took a bite of each entree, and left the rest.  Smh.

Now that I think back about it, I DO remember you saying that.   I guess I read so many in the other thread regarding this that I forgot you posted it here.   Thank you for taking the time to respond.....enjoy your cruise!     If you run into these 2 fellow cruisers....they are my parents 🙂

IMG_8932.JPG

4 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

His post says otherwise.  I wonder if this is a new perk?

My apologies. I meant the 5* Mariners.  My understanding is (and I could be wrong!) is those 5* in a NS get a one day pass perk.

Now ending Sea Day #4 with another wonderful meal.  (Menu and pics to follow).  There will be one pic of hubby’s meal that is and isn’t on the menu.  He loves onion rings, but hates fish. So he requested the onion rings which was included on a menu item that was tuna, and had it served with his everyday steak instead.  He gave it 👍👍

1537B973-0FCA-4EB7-82A1-5073BB4B061E.jpeg

9C07D2E8-19EA-4E21-9F3B-E2D4D4E36B4D.jpeg

F06F8A96-2395-4296-A1C1-A585CDC9163E.jpeg

27DF8591-2AD5-4715-8201-92D45106955A.jpeg

3427092B-80AA-4A5E-BD02-B509A5F730EF.jpeg

9395FC20-A430-4319-8E1C-CB3328DD9AF6.jpeg

B22725EA-3B55-4EA7-AD59-64490F437514.jpeg

C11104BC-BC5D-4C8B-BE8F-FC480BC9AED5.jpeg

• Like 1

And so I conclude another day preparing for some of tonight’s entertainment.  The strings at Lincoln Center Stage have been exceptionally good this trip.  I have been perplexed as to the absence of the main big production shows?  Hopefully one will show up here shortly.

8 hours ago, seamist said:

Today begins Sea Day #4 and seas are much calmer, temperature is 70 degrees with highs expected to be about 79 degrees.  To go back to a previous poster wondering about the Sauna/Steam Rooms, the Sauna is for everyone and is located just outside the Lido Pool ( just past the ping pong tables on the left, thermal suite to the right as you go down the hallway towards the Spa area).  There is a men’s and women’s (men on the left women on the right) as I’ve tried to show in the pics below.

The steam room is ONLY for those who purchase a thermal suite pass.  Found out as well that for this cruise as well as the upcoming Hawaii cruises there will be no day passes offered for the Thermal Suite.  You either must be in a suite receiving your free one day pass or you must purchase a pass for the entire voyage.   Following post is today’s activities.

Can you tell me what the price is for the thermal suite for the whole cruise ?

Thanks much 😊