How to best contact Celebrity after booking?

Zhaan

Hi,

I booked a cruise with Celebrity a few weeks ago. Two weeks ago I started trying to contact them to ask some specific questions that I can't find answers to online. I was assigned a Celebrity vacation planner, Ryan Wilkinson. I have emailed him, called him, emailed the Celebrity general email for questions, and called Celebrity's phone number and selected the appropriate number (already have cruised booked) several times and sat on hold 20 minutes each time before giving up. I could sit longer if their hold recording wasn't so distracting. It's a man talking constantly (upselling) so it's really distracting as opposed to background music. 

I tried calling the line where you call to book a cruise and they picked up right away and promptly transferred me to the beginning to pick the number for already having a cruise booked. 

I have never had this hard of a time getting in touch with a company for assistance - especially when wanting to buy something (my questions are related to the drink packages). It's been at least 2 weeks since I sent the emails and left Ryan a voicemail. If someone has a better way to reach them I would really appreciate the information. This is our first Celebrity cruise and may be our last - this has not been a pleasant experience.

Thanks,

Zhaan

PS: I'm not posting my actual question here (regarding the drink packages) because I found a thread where someone already asked the same question and it's not really been answered - for me before spending the money I want to hear straight from Celebrity what the actual answer is.

If you don't get your questions answered shortly, I would find a good TA that will also offer you some additional perks and transfer your booking to the agent.   If you have lots of questions you may want to find a smaller agency instead of one of the Big Box ones.

I find that if you call Captain's Club, usually best time is early morning and NOT on a weekend.  

• Like 2

The amazing part to me is that you have a question about the drink package that hasn’t been answered yet! I would have guessed every thing that could be asked has been answered by now lol...

I agree calling the captains club is good advice, however, many on here will tell you the answer from “shoreside” may differ from the reality onboard the ship!

• Like 1

Yes, unless it's a question that is very specific to your booking or would require special permission from the cruise line to accommodate, I would tend to trust what people on here tell you over what a phone agent might.  Many of them haven't even been on the ships or are reading an answer from a script that might not be correct.  Or they misunderstand your question and give you wrong info.  

Best time to call is usually early in the morning.  If there is a wait, that means that others are also calling with questions.  No way to jump the line because you think your question is more important than someone else's.

I had a similar experience prior to our cruise last December.  I called and chose the "already booked" prompt and no one ever picked up.  Called back, picked "booking a new cruise" and, voila, someone answered and helped me with my question.  I was also able to get more immediate service by calling Capt.'s Club.  

I also wouldn't hesitate posting your question here.  We've only been on one Celebrity cruise and I can tell you, the people on these boards are far more knowledgable about Celebrity than most of the people who work there.  

• Like 1

I agree with others. Call Captains Club 800-760-0654. Transfer your reservation to a TA. Ask on these boards and you'll get a reliable answer. There are many frequent X cruisers here who are happy to share info.

Because you only booked several weeks ago you're still within the time limit to transfer your booking to a cruise travel agent.

This will definitely enhance your pre-cruise experience and perhaps enhance your pocket book as well.

We cannot recommend any agent due to the terms imposed by Cruise Critic but a google search will provide you with multiple agents.You can also go to *****.com and search there.

Your onboard experience is a far cry from the feeble attempts made by the landside staff. Most of us have shared your experience but we continue to look forward to each Celebrity cruise.

oops....they blocked me. Look for a site that compares cruise agents. Another word for compare is compete. Le't see if that works.

Edited by alcpa1