Booking Back to Back Cruises

Doing a B2B in May and didn't receive any discount for doing so.

Question for those with a B2B under their belt - when the first cruise ends we are taking an excursion and plan on coming back to the ship close to sailing time. Will we be able to go straight to the gangway or have to go through the check-in process all over again? How close to departure time can we get back?

2 minutes ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

Question for those with a B2B under their belt - when the first cruise ends we are taking an excursion and plan on coming back to the ship close to sailing time. Will we be able to go straight to the gangway or have to go through the check-in process all over again? How close to departure time can we get back?

You'll have to be back in time for the muster drill

15 minutes ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

You will receive instructions in your cabin on your first leg.  Plus their usually is a meeting.

3 hours ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

In addition to the good advice given above, I would also check with Guest Services about midway through the first cruise and confirm that you are on the consecutive cruisers list.  This will help ensure that you get the B2B instructions.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

You should get your second week cards before you leave on the excursion if it is a rccl trip. I would ask at customer service and make sure you are listed as a “back to backer”.

4 hours ago, mrsmagoo1 said:

You don't have to check in again, since you will already have your new SeaPass card, but you will have to go through security again.

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

In addition to the good advice given above, I would also check with Guest Services about midway through the first cruise and confirm that you are on the consecutive cruisers list.  This will help ensure that you get the B2B instructions.

Hello,

You should also check that your credit card details from the first cruise have copied to the second otherwise, based on personal experience, you may get a call at 3.00am on disembarkation day to pay your on-board account.

Regards,

Cublet

• Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 5:15 AM, cublet said:

Hello,

You should also check that your credit card details from the first cruise have copied to the second otherwise, based on personal experience, you may get a call at 3.00am on disembarkation day to pay your on-board account.

Regards,

Cublet

I have never had a problem because I do the online check-in for each cruise.  I put my credit card there each time.

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2019 at 4:06 PM, steveru621 said:

You will receive instructions in your cabin on your first leg.  Plus their usually is a meeting.

What time is the “meeting” over or what time can we count on getting to disembark. Would like to sightsee or do laundry.

8 minutes ago, Ohio State Fan said:

What time is the “meeting” over or what time can we count on getting to disembark. Would like to sightsee or do laundry.

You can disembark as soon as the first passengers are allowed to disembark. The "meeting" is generally for those staying on the ship.  The meeting and likely walk of shame ends around 10:30 on most ships.

Edited by neverbeenhere

My biggest advise about B2B2B... travel is...

1) Read the instruction sheet.

2) Make sure you receive, fill-out and turn-in your disembarkation form on the last of the cruises. (All lines have a tendency to forget to give you one of these after the first cruise) - Experience 

You will not have to wait in line if you comeback at a reasonable time. (After 1:30) No passport will be needed as you have the in-transit card.  What is said below can be true also. Or you may have to visit guest services after re-entering ship.

Edited by neverbeenhere

5 minutes ago, Ohio State Fan said:

Forgive me.

waiting in line again? Will I need my passport again then. Or would we go to a different location?

Talk with Guest Services before changeover day.  They will give you your new SeaPass cards before you leave the cruise terminal.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ohio State Fan said:

If we did this, how or when would we get our new sea pass cards?

Depending on the ship, Guest Services will give you your new SeaPass card the day before embarkation or very early the morning of disembarkation.  As previously stated, you will also get a "In Transit" card.  Just let GS know you plan on leaving early...they will accommodate you.

The morning of disembarkation, you will use your old SeaPass card to leave the ship.  When you come back, you will use your new SeaPass card along with the "In Transit" card and you will bypass all the lines except for the security line.  Very easy.

Some other info...if you are staying in the same cabin, then you won't have to do anything.  If you are moving to another cabin, pack all your small stuff, make sure to empty the safe,...your cabin steward will move all your clothes that are hanging....leave them hanging.  We usually let our cabin steward know if we are moving so he can prepare for it and also speak to the new cabin steward in case we have any special request.  If you happen to come back early, you will have access to your cabin...just let them know you are B2B passenger.  Depending on the ship, there will be a "special" lunch in the MDR for all B2B passengers...sometimes they will have the lunch at a specialty restaurant...sometimes even provide free wine.  Happy Sailing and enjoy your B2B.☺️

• Like 1