First time, Allure of the Seas

1 hour ago, Sstoehr12 said:

My husband and I had both downloaded the app and on Allure you can use it to text each other while on the boat,

. I don't buy wifi on board ship but does the RC app work?  Does the app work for texting if your phone is on airplane mode and/or if the wifi is shut off

Edited by mac66

8 minutes ago, mac66 said:

. I don't buy wifi on board ship but does the RC app work?  Does the app work for texting if your phone is on airplane mode and/or if the wifi is shut off

You would have to turn on your WiFi to use the free texting, which has been reported functional on Allure.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

You would have to turn on your WiFi to use the free texting, which has been reported functional on Allure.

We didnt buy the wifi package but on Allure you can log on to the wifi just to use the app.  It has your schedule and info and also a text feature.  My phone gave me issues with connecting to the wifi.  There was an app assistance desk but it was always pretty crowded. 

Be sure to walk through Central Park in the evening - very relaxing and there is live music several times most nights.  If you enjoy sushi, sign up for the extra charge sushi making class.  I did it in October and had so much fun and had a delicious lunch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Can kids eat at the Solarium Bistro?

If they are 16 and over, they have full access to the Solarium and the Bistro. Under 16, for sure the Solarium is not accessible. The Bistro, i am not too sure.

Edited by apurvanataraj88

Kids can eat in the Bistro and there have been some threads with complaints of the kids going through the Solarium to get to the Bistro.  

At night though the Bistro becomes Samba, a Brazilian steak house.

20 hours ago, Sstoehr12 said:

We were just on the Allure 2 weeks ago and it was amazing!   So many great things to do and see... definitely book seats at the shows when your booking window opens online.   We went to Mamma Mia the first night after sailing out of Miami and it was a great way to start the cruise... then the Oceanaria Aquatheatre show on night 2.   My husband and I never made it to comedy club because they were all booked up, but we did see all of the other shows.  We also loved walking through Central Park at night and stopping to listen to music, etc.  And hopped a ride or two on the Rising Tide bar just for the novelty of it.   My kids loved all of the activities including rock climbing, mini golf, wave rider and we all tried the zipline!   I had read on here about Central Park Cafe for lunch.  We went right there when we boarded the boat and pretty much every day after that for lunch.   We found the Wipeout Cafe up on the 15th deck back towards the basketball court was a great option for breakfast.  It had a nice buffet with everything you needed and then tables outside.  We really liked it on the days we were coming in to ports.  It was the perfect place to sit and watch the islands get closer and then docking.   i would be happy to answer any specific questions you can think of.

I just went back through my Cruise Compasses and don't see the Activity Manager listed.  There were two super bubbly ladies that led the shows, games and activities but I just can't remember their names....  

Sorry you didn't make it to comedy.  Every Oasis class I've been on has comedy on the last night in the main theater as well.  So anyone who missed it in the small club can still go. 

58 minutes ago, jean-lynd said:

I have read on CC that they can but I never saw any there.

100% kids can eat at the bistro.  We take ours there for breakfast all the time, plenty of other kids.  I did verify with one of the staff members just to be sure as well.  Done so on 3 Oasis class cruises now.

19 hours ago, BNBR said:

Sorry you didn't make it to comedy.  Every Oasis class I've been on has comedy on the last night in the main theater as well.  So anyone who missed it in the small club can still go. 

We did do the family friendly show in the theatre on the last night and it was very entertaining.  We just never got in to the comedy club for the adult comedy times.  

11 minutes ago, Sstoehr12 said:

We did do the family friendly show in the theatre on the last night and it was very entertaining.  We just never got in to the comedy club for the adult comedy times.  

I could be mistaken, but I think they do adult comedy in the theater, a second later show. 10PM or so. 

Following this post. We just booked for the Oct 6th sailing on Allure. This will be our first time on the Allure, all other cruises have been on the Freedom class ships. We booked the boardwalk balcony and received the soda package for 2, I'm addicted to diet coke! My question is; How far out does the reservation window open up for the shows?

Happy sailing 

On 3/14/2019 at 4:52 PM, apurvanataraj88 said:

2. There are still 170 days for my sailing. Will i be able to see a more enabled Cruise Planner once I am within the 90 day range?

you need to start checking before the 90 day mark. We are on the Allure in 2 weeks (March 31), and I was able to open the Cruise planner and start booking shows in October.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BNBR said:

I could be mistaken, but I think they do adult comedy in the theater, a second later show. 10PM or so. 

I am not sure if they did that or not... it really wasn't a big deal... and we wouldn't have wanted to be out that late on our last night before disembarking early am.  Had to get those suitcases out by 11pm afterall... lol.    It was just the only thing I hadn't pre-booked in the planner before we boarded because I wasn't sure how our evenings would go with our kids.   Then while we were onboard all of the shows were full in the comedy club.    We really enjoyed sitting outside the English Pub on the Promenade listening to the singer, snacking on pizza from right across at Sorrento's.  

2 hours ago, Surfvabeach said:

Following this post. We just booked for the Oct 6th sailing on Allure. This will be our first time on the Allure, all other cruises have been on the Freedom class ships. We booked the boardwalk balcony and received the soda package for 2, I'm addicted to diet coke! My question is; How far out does the reservation window open up for the shows?

Happy sailing 

I think it will open up about 90 days ahead. Some say it could open up earlier on the Cruise Planner, so worth keeping a regular eye open on it.

2 hours ago, Surfvabeach said:

Happy sailing 

We booked our February cruise in October and it seems like some of the shows were available right away but some took a little longer. Here is the show schedule from the Allure last month.

15527531164661453583382472434472.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

I keep hearing about the Royal app and have a question - can you use it on the ship even without internet package?  It would be awesome if that still works but I don't want to buy internet during the cruise.

Yes - you put your phone in airplane mode and turn the wifi on. It is pretty simple and if you have any problems with it they have a help desk. I hope this helps!

21 hours ago, jean-lynd said:

Yes - you put your phone in airplane mode and turn the wifi on. It is pretty simple and if you have any problems with it they have a help desk. I hope this helps!

Oh that's totally cool.  And you can text through it?  My husband and I could get some use out of that for our TA next year.

2 hours ago, ChollaChick said:

Oh that's totally cool.  And you can text through it?  My husband and I could get some use out of that for our TA next year.

Yes you can text using it. We did have a little trouble with that feature but we went to the help desk and he fixed it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChollaChick said:

Yes, Royal calls it a chat function.

• Thanks 1