Perfect Day at Coco Cay

rt1092

2 minutes ago, cvasto said:

Am I reading this correctly in my cruise planner for next year? There are options for full day or half day passes to the waterpark. Does this mean that the waterpark will not be included at Cococay? 

The kids splash park is free but the water park is not included.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, cvasto said:

Wow.... That feels pretty crappy...

Full day pass is 79

Half day pass is 59

And these cabana prices... who is paying for these things?

Everything that used to be free at CocoCay still is as well as the lagoon pool, kids splashaway bay and the galleon.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

We have 3 cruises booked that are going to Perfect Day at Cococay. Here is current pricing on a couple of items, but I don't understand why there is such a difference in prices between the 3/4 night cruises and the 7 night cruise, it's the same island with the same excursions.

4 night on Mariner of The Seas September 2019

• Full Day Waterpark & Zipline $99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Half Day $29.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Full Day $34.99 US per person
  • Perfect Day Cococay Zipline $60 US per person
  • Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride $29.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Cabana & Full Day Pass $399 US

3 night on Mariner of The Seas September 2019

7 night on Symphony of The Seas March 2020

• Full Day Waterpark & Zipline $129 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Half Day $59.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Full Day $79 US per person
  • Perfect Day Cococay Zipline $109 US per person
  • Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride $74 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Cabana & Full Day Pass $699 US

There are already a number of threads (including just a few examples referenced in the links below) covering various pricing elements on Coco Cay. A simple search for "Coco Cay" reveals such threads.

The prices seem to vary by date, ship, and other factors discussed at length in these threads...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2521391-cococay-ocean-view-deluxe-cabana-or-beach-bungalows/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2645235-perfect-day-at-coco-cay/?tab=comments#comment-57031937

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2636912-coco-cay/?tab=comments#comment-56838550

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2631146-coco-cay/

17 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

There are already a number of threads (including just a few examples referenced in the links below) covering various pricing elements on Coco Cay. A simple search for "Coco Cay" reveals such threads.

The prices seem to vary by date, ship, and other factors discussed at length in these threads...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2521391-cococay-ocean-view-deluxe-cabana-or-beach-bungalows/

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2645235-perfect-day-at-coco-cay/?tab=comments#comment-57031937

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2636912-coco-cay/?tab=comments#comment-56838550

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2631146-coco-cay/

Thanks for taking the time to send the links, I did a search but old information was all I could find 🙂

• Like 1

WOW...yet another Coco Cay thread. 

If paying extra fees for extra activities seems unusual...rest assured...it isn't these days whenever traveling nearly anyplace that is worth visiting.

In any case...here's a convenient post that includes links to just a few of the other threads on this topic - useful information, pros & cons, venting, and all the other typical back and forth:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2656870-perfect-day-at-cococay-pricing/?tab=comments#comment-57315711

1 minute ago, Bronx12 said:

Thanks for taking the time to send the links, I did a search but old information was all I could find 🙂

You are quite welcome.  With the main "grand reopening" of Coco Cay coming up within the next month...there seems to be a bunch of interest in that Royal Caribbean destination stop lately.

11 hours ago, cvasto said:

Full day pass is 79

Half day pass is 59

The Port  should be renamed an Expensive Day at Coco Cay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We are sailing May 11th on the Symphony.  We purchased the 1/2 day pass.  They say the waterpark will be open but since we live in Florida we will not be devastated if not.  Has anybody heard about the waterpark opening status? Is the snorkeling still good and is it still off to nearer left beach?  We have our own equipment (I even have a vest which I hate) is ok to just swim on in?

We're scheduled to be there next weekend.  The longterm weather forecast is for thunderstorms. I know that weather forecast over five days are dodgy at best but if that weather forecast holds is it likely that we will end up skipping Cococay? Would it just be a sea day or is there some other option for RC.  If it is just a sea day do they offer OBC as compensation?  What options are there available on the island that would make being there worthwhile during thunderstorms?

11 hours ago, cvasto said:

Full day pass is 79

Half day pass is 59

We have no hesitation whatsoever to pay $66 per person for a full day in a private cabana on an island with full access to a top-shelf water park, along with regular food included. We call it a deal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

We're scheduled to be there next weekend.  The longterm weather forecast is for thunderstorms. I know that weather forecast over five days are dodgy at best but if that weather forecast holds is it likely that we will end up skipping Cococay? Would it just be a sea day or is there some other option for RC.  If it is just a sea day do they offer OBC as compensation?  What options are there available on the island that would make being there worthwhile during thunderstorms?

Purely a guess, but if it's safe to dock, I would think they would dock no matter the weather.  That's what they'd do at other ports.  Some may want to do the waterpark in the rain, and some may want to eat/drink on the island.  They'd probably close the waterpark during lightning.  Most thunderstorms only last a short time.

31 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Purely a guess, but if it's safe to dock, I would think they would dock no matter the weather.  That's what they'd do at other ports.  Some may want to do the waterpark in the rain, and some may want to eat/drink on the island.  They'd probably close the waterpark during lightning.  Most thunderstorms only last a short time.

Coco Cay even with the Dock will have times it will skip if Wind/Waves are High. It's not as protected as other Island stops. In the past doing 4nite Bahamas we have even reversed Ports when Weather was severe. Little rain, passing storm no issue..

Edited by ONECRUISER

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Coco Cay even with the Dock will have times it will skip if Wind/Waves are High. It's not as protected as other Island stops. In the past doing 4nite Bahamas we have even reversed Ports when Weather was severe. Little rain, passing storm no issue..

Yup...that would be when it's not safe to dock.

• Like 1

I’m waiting to see the price for the Thrill Park cabanas on Cruise Planner before making a final determination.  We have water parks at home we can go to, and may just rent a beach cabana for a beach day (my son is very susceptible to sunburn, and tends to burn even with SPF50).

On 3/15/2019 at 3:47 PM, dodgestang said:

To each their own and everything....but I've never understood the need for a pool with how nice the water is at CocoCay...even when we were there in Dec.

I agree! we decided not to do the water park either (we've had our share of water parks living in Orlando) We will enjoying the beautiful beach 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 5:16 AM, Bronx12 said:

We have 3 cruises booked that are going to Perfect Day at Cococay. Here is current pricing on a couple of items, but I don't understand why there is such a difference in prices between the 3/4 night cruises and the 7 night cruise, it's the same island with the same excursions.

4 night on Mariner of The Seas September 2019

3 night on Mariner of The Seas September 2019

7 night on Symphony of The Seas March 2020

• Full Day Waterpark & Zipline $129 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Half Day $59.99 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Full Day $79 US per person
  • Perfect Day Cococay Zipline $109 US per person
  • Up, Up & Away Helium Balloon Ride $74 US per person
  • Thrill Waterpark Cabana & Full Day Pass $699 US

The prices fluctuate like the deluxe drink package.  Maybe they will run a sale if people refuse to prebook.

Our family has two cruises booked going to Coco Cay and I noticed the sooner one is cheaper to do things.  It sounds like a great marketing idea.  Make it cheap to start so people fall in love with it and want to do it again at the higher rates.

We are already talking about booking the cabana because for a family of 5 with waterpark we feel it is a decent value.  I think ours showed $400.  We are landlocked so it's not something our kids get to do every day.  We really enjoyed the cabana on Labadee for our family.  We may not use the waterpark a ton but the cabana by the wave pool works for us with kids.

5 minutes ago, HOSKI said:

Our family has two cruises booked going to Coco Cay and I noticed the sooner one is cheaper to do things.  It sounds like a great marketing idea.  Make it cheap to start so people fall in love with it and want to do it again at the higher rates.

We are already talking about booking the cabana because for a family of 5 with waterpark we feel it is a decent value.  I think ours showed $400.  We are landlocked so it's not something our kids get to do every day.  We really enjoyed the cabana on Labadee for our family.  We may not use the waterpark a ton but the cabana by the wave pool works for us with kids.

That does seem like a better value than the a la carte menu. 

I am not sure why but the Thrill Park Cabana for June 10 (I'm on the Harmony leaving June 9) is $829 for the day.  I read somewhere in the thread that the cost for suites was supposed to be lower but in my case it seems much higher than the prices everyone else is getting.  The only thing I can think of is that since its in June and schools are getting out they upped the prices??