Cape Liberty Question

Fred C

How does it work at Cape Liberty?  Do you park your car and then carry your luggage to the pier or do you drop off the luggage first and then park?  And does someone have to stay with the luggage while you park the car?

4 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

How much is parking at Cape Liberty?  This port is driveable for us so we've been curious to try it.

There are multiple places "near" the terminal that are cheaper..   this one is $14.00... 

https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-aK307mO4QIVAVuGCh3Aww1HEAAYASAAEgLAifD_BwE

Parking at the pier is $22.00 per day..  http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

• Like 1

Generally we get there early which means that the drop off area can be crowded with the people getting off the boat from the last cruise but we get a parking spot right near the elevator in the parking lot. We don't bring a ton of luggage with us so we usually just go right  to the garage, park and bring the luggage down with us.

• Like 1

Just now, ScottVV said:

There are multiple places "near" the terminal that are cheaper..   this one is $14.00... 

https://www.bayonnecruiseparking.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-aK307mO4QIVAVuGCh3Aww1HEAAYASAAEgLAifD_BwE

Parking at the pier is $22.00 per day..  http://www.cruiseliberty.com/directions_parking.html

Thank you, that's not bad at all, heck, cheaper than the airport when we fly out!  And I know there are cheaper options to get to the airport/not park but I can get very motion sick from most transportation, including planes, so I try not to set myself up from failure ahead of time and heading home after a flight.

10 minutes ago, ScottVV said:

From what I've read about the Cape Liberty area, most people advise to stay away from the offsite parking options and just park at the port.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

From what I've read about the Cape Liberty area, most people advise to stay away from the offsite parking options and just park at the port.

For the few dollars difference I would rather have my car readily accessible when we debark.  It is also safer (in my opinion).  Cape Liberty is a breeze to get in and out of. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

How much is parking at Cape Liberty?  This port is driveable for us so we've been curious to try it.

In August it was $20 per day.  Garage is maybe 40-50 yards from the terminal. 

Edited by nelblu

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Yeah the price difference isn't enough to have me go off-site, again, that's where it helps to live in an expensive market lol!

1 hour ago, floatel_lvr said:

For the few dollars difference I would rather have my car readily accessible when we debark.  It is also safer (in my opinion).  Cape Liberty is a breeze to get in and out of. 

Yep, I thankfully can choose convenience over cost most of the time.  I try to always decide what would make my Type A brain stress less and choose that option if possible!

58 minutes ago, OCruisers said:

Once, they parked off sight and said Never Again! 

We used an off-site lot just after construction of the current terminal and parking garage was started.  I got more sun while waiting for the shuttle to the terminal than I did on the actual trip.  That was my first cruise, for my second we just parked in the garage at the terminal...

• Haha 1

We are driving to Cape Liberty for the first time in March and parking at the Port.  We are excited to see how this works.....our cruise is on Saturday, March 30 (Anthem).  We are driving to Atlantic City on March 29th...spending the night and then getting up and leaving about 8am to make the drive to Cape Liberty.  There will be 6 of us in 2 cars.  We are super excited.

59 minutes ago, Nessa1dc said:

We are driving to Cape Liberty for the first time in March and parking at the Port.  We are excited to see how this works.....our cruise is on Saturday, March 30 (Anthem).  We are driving to Atlantic City on March 29th...spending the night and then getting up and leaving about 8am to make the drive to Cape Liberty.  There will be 6 of us in 2 cars.  We are super excited.

That's a good plan.  It's about a bit over 2 hours to the Port.

Edited by nelblu
  • Like 1

Have sailed from Cape Liberty at least a dozen times.  Parking at pier is ridiculously easy.  Only issues we've encountered are sometimes slow moving queue on pier and occasional construction related closure of Bayonne bridge (almost completed and only affects traffic to/from Staten Island)

We have done it both ways.

I found it is far easier to drop off the bags before you get to the garage.  The last time we tried to carry our bags from the garage, it took longer.  You try to squeeze into the last drop off point, and the porter puts a priority on drive-ups.  There was a line of walk-ups!

3 hours ago, Nessa1dc said:

That should be a fun way to kick off your cruise.  Enjoy!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hallux said:

We used an off-site lot just after construction of the current terminal and parking garage was started.  I got more sun while waiting for the shuttle to the terminal than I did on the actual trip.  That was my first cruise, for my second we just parked in the garage at the terminal...

Yeah, that's time miss the smaller ships. 20-30yrs ago Port of Miami I could throw rock from cabin and hit my car. Took my Ex-Father In Law on cruise, back then Handicapped and Diamond(Top Tier) were first off ship. We were 2nd and 3rd off and they pushed his wheelchair right to our car...

Edited by ONECRUISER

We have sailed out of cape Liberty on AotS twice and parked both times in the port garage.  I dropped off the bags and family at the gate and parked right away on the 1st floor of the garage and walked a very short walk to checkin .  We plan on doing it again in June and , to us, it is well worth the cost to be able start our drive home quickly.

I've only ever used the garage too. It looks like chaos for the people who are waiting to be picked up. Very crowded and only one long road in for the cars so it gets backed up. There's no safe way to walk to a meeting point away from the pick-up area either as there are no shoulders on the road.