Everything... Norwegian Joy's Westernization 2019!

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm intrigued by the life guard chair - since when does NCL have guards on duty?

The Jewel had them on our TransPacific in September.  The lifeguard said all NCL ships were now staffing w/ lifeguards...

• Like 1

On 4/27/2019 at 11:29 AM, TheDougOut said:

Mini Golf

A4061505-E823-4100-A936-A733F3BA5950.jpeg

Doug- You are amazing!!! Thank you for all of these picture and all the information! Helping us really plan! 

For the mini golf,

it looks just like a putting green is the right? How many holes? Any cost?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JasonShen said:

Dear Doug,

Could you please spend a few minutes to check out the Splash Acadamy (on Deck 5)? The deck plan indicates that it's much smaller than that on the Bliss. Thanks.

Scroll back - I posted photos & programs.  

7 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

In my twisted opinion, I think NCL peaked with the initial Escape offering.  Howl is a lot of fun, the included ropes course is amazing to experience high atop a ship, and the night parties at Spice are fantastic.

And only the Escape has the great grotto. I'm going to miss that on the Encore in Feb. 

• Like 1

The best part of Ocean Blue...

1) the bread things

2) the chocolate dessert

3) the waiter attempting to take my empty dessert plate only to be told I’m not done, and then having to apologize to other patrons that he shouted “do you want to lick it” too loud.  We cried.

I still don’t get this restaurant’s SDP upcharge.

C92CF847-C7CA-43E8-A672-F39A7AC0AFAE.jpeg

AC591ED1-B4D2-484D-B187-633EEA6A484E.jpeg

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, missyg176 said:

Do those of you on the boat now think the pools are suffient size for warm weather trips? We are supposed to go on here in December to Mexican Riviera. 

It appears the actual square footage of the two pools is the same as other ships (Breakaway onward)... but they lack the surrounding splash area that would make them appear bigger. 

The pools are in awkward & tucked-away areas.  If they’re an important part of cruising for you, I’m not sure if any BA/BA+ ship is ideal.  Joy would probably be the worse of them all.  If you just need lounging NEAR a pool, Joy may be alright with the large & open deck areas. 

Just found this photo from Spice last night... showing the wall lighting within the tent & over the large water feature.

For how well NCL has leveraged creative lighting on new ships & refurbs... this looked a bit motel-ish cheap.

08AD1EDD-4CBD-4AC0-8229-8D3724427257.jpeg

2 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

Yep...

6A19072A-E604-419D-9BA8-E1FB2F771C44.jpeg

A3F5ECD1-9A80-4A3C-AB73-AB041BE42CCA.jpeg

93526B45-5C62-43B4-95C5-FF06F1C4D13C.jpeg

5F337EC6-652A-4084-909A-BBA0A9565664.jpeg

72C42441-C088-419F-8DB0-F2E7B2C5D7A2.jpeg

Thanks!  We're on a BD in June.  

Do you know if there are any USB ports in the room, and how many electrical outlets there were?  I know on the older ships we always had to pack a power strip to charge cameras, phones, etc.  Wondering if that applies on the newer ships.

16 minutes ago, ute_fan said:

Thanks!  We're on a BD in June.  

Do you know if there are any USB ports in the room, and how many electrical outlets there were?  I know on the older ships we always had to pack a power strip to charge cameras, phones, etc.  Wondering if that applies on the newer ships.

There’s one USB on each bed sidelight.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheDougOut said:

CC Concierge Villa Suite with Balcony

5D280DBA-30C7-41F1-8E49-7688F3ADCF83.jpeg

Anyone know if all the CC rooms have bathtubs? I thought they did not - I thought i read somewhere.  Also - just to point out - in the newly released NCL brochure book that you can download - the map of the Joy has an error. It lists the CC's as MX's. So they list MX twice. Once teal-ish and once Peach-ish.   All the room levels is one of things I hate about NCL.  TOO complicated!  Did you ever find out if there was a cookie shop or something? There used to be a Godiva store when in China... but I suspected it got taken out. What's the ice cream situation like?