Equinox 3-23 to 3-30 Fabulous time

mfs2k

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Fabulous picture.   You are a beautiful couple.  So, when is the next cruise???  You can join us on the Summit, June 16.  It's close to home for you.

Thank you !

No plans yet for the next cruise. We’re really enjoying this one. I can see the next one in the Mediterranean. My wife has never been to Europe and I’ve only seen France and Spain.  A cruise seems like a nice way to see more. 

• Like 1

Since you are still on the Equinox, I might suggest the Roasted Rib Eye Steak in the Tuscan Grill.  We sailed in the Equinox in  February and 3 of us had it when we dined there.  Each of us said, it was the best steak we'd ever had.  Unfortunately we had filled up on appetizers and no one could finish the steak.  Of course they wouldn't give us a doggie bag.  Makes my mouth water to think of it.  Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

I’m so glad you are having such a good time and sharing it with us! Honestly right now your report and GenerationX’s report are the only things keeping me from cancelling my Feb Equinox cruise. Between Cruise Planner being down for going on 3 weeks (a known issue - I called about it) and some of the attitudes I have encountered on this board I am questioning if this is the right line for me to try.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I’m so glad you are having such a good time and sharing it with us! Honestly right now your report and GenerationX’s report are the only things keeping me from cancelling my Feb Equinox cruise. Between Cruise Planner being down for going on 3 weeks (a known issue - I called about it) and some of the attitudes I have encountered on this board I am questioning if this is the right line for me to try.

FWIW - you can see numerous complaints about the website for any and every line. While it's frustrating, you have got plenty of time for them to get it right. However I can promise you, as off-putting as some attitudes are on here at times, it's not like that at all onboard. Sure...you may run into the all-knowing cruise expert and constant complainer, but you'll get that anywhere. Most of those types spend all day at guest services so you never see them anyway!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

However I can promise you, as off-putting as some attitudes are on here at times, it's not like that at all onboard. Sure...you may run into the all-knowing cruise expert and constant complainer, but you'll get that anywhere. Most of those types spend all day at guest services so you never see them anyway!

I agree @WrittenOnYourHeart  Everyone on board I’ve interacted with has been in a great, positive mood. We’re all on vacation.  And if ther is a curmudgeon out there, it’s pretty easy to steer clear. Don’t cancel. 

• Like 1

Brief update. 

Mr. Sancho’s in Cozumel was great. We were there from 10 to 2. Well worth $55pp. Taxi $17 per ride each way. Beach, drinks, food, chairs, pool, etc. What’s not to like?

My wife got a massage at the pier before we boarded at 3:30.  I had a coffee in a coffee shop while I waited. 

Our friends asked if we could go back to Tuscan Grill tonight.  So that’s what we’re doing after the 7pm show. I’m treating myself to the roast rib eye steak because I’ve been starving myself this week. Lol. Not. 

Thanks for following along. 

2 hours ago, paulh84 said:

FWIW - you can see numerous complaints about the website for any and every line. While it's frustrating, you have got plenty of time for them to get it right. However I can promise you, as off-putting as some attitudes are on here at times, it's not like that at all onboard. Sure...you may run into the all-knowing cruise expert and constant complainer, but you'll get that anywhere. Most of those types spend all day at guest services so you never see them anyway!

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I agree @WrittenOnYourHeart  Everyone on board I’ve interacted with has been in a great, positive mood. We’re all on vacation.  And if ther is a curmudgeon out there, it’s pretty easy to steer clear. Don’t cancel. 

Thank you!

4 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Call Celebrity's OneTouch Line 844-418-6824.  I was unable to access my cruise planner too.  I spoke to Carrie, who was very helpful, sent a ticket request to IT (I know you think the road to nowhere), but the next day I had access.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pd7277 said:

Call Celebrity's OneTouch Line 844-418-6824.  I was unable to access my cruise planner too.  I spoke to Carrie, who was very helpful, sent a ticket request to IT (I know you think the road to nowhere), but the next day I had access.  

Thanks. That is the number I called before. I want to say that Carrie is the name of the person I spoke with. She said that she was elevating it with IT and would be back in touch with me when it was resolved. 😞

@WrittenOnYourHeart  please remember there are a lot of entitled keyboard warriors on here who all seem to be zeniths sailing in PHs. It' not represetnative there are 2000-2900 on a ship and a couple of hundred on here probably! Hope you don't cancel and enjoy your cruise and tell those of us who care all about it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I DON’T WANT THE CRUISE TO END!!

😩😩😩

Today’s the last sea day before we return to Miami.

We signed up for an Everglades tour which drops us at FLL airport. Hope to see some alligators (from a distance). The tour cost is not much more than transportation to FLL. And we can kill some time. Our flight home is at 6pm.

We also signed up for Luggage Express($25 pp plus baggage fees)  so our bags will be taken from us tonight. We will see them again in New York after we arrive. 

One more sea day. Let’s do this. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Thanks. That is the number I called before. I want to say that Carrie is the name of the person I spoke with. She said that she was elevating it with IT and would be back in touch with me when it was resolved. 😞

Try calling again 800-760-0654. Getting another person may help. Also don't be discouraged by the negative posts you see. Yes the website is, and has been troublesome, but the on board experience is wonderful. I can also say that the vast majority of your fellow cruisers will be welcoming and friendly.

• Like 1

Last night we decided to eat again in Tuscan Grill. Shortly after the 4 of us were seated, @GenerationX was seated across from us also. It was nice to see Charla who was dressed to the nines for Chic night. We chatted a bit intermittently throughout dinner. 

Today I’m in Blu again alone for breakfast. I don’t mind. I know DW likes her sleep and tomorrow she’ll be waking early to disembark. 

I’m amazed the fresh melon and berries plate tastes and looks as fresh on day six as it does on day one. Well played, chef. 

I’d like to try the ramen and a sushi roll today at Sushi on 5 for lunch. One of the greatest psychological mysteries is I’ll easily feed 20’s mindlessly into a slot machine and lose a few hundred dollars but the idea of paying $20-$30 for lunch on a cruise seems like I’m throwing money away. Maybe if I had a chance could of a sushi roll jackpot, I’d feel differently. 

Sigh

happy cruisin’

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

0E4E6F3D-A945-4618-BA65-914E860CC1A4.thumb.jpeg.65651c70c62cd9246df902e8d1190661.jpegView of yesterday’s invitation only sail away party from Cozumel on the Helicopter pad. I believe only cigar smokers were invited. 

Taken from the empty Verandah outside the gym. I was the only one there. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377imageproxy.php?img=&key=b5ec9cff05c76377

C98B0BDB-F22A-4DB0-A7E6-884B46CFF098.jpeg

Edited by mfs2k
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Last night we decided to eat again in Tuscan Grill. Shortly after the 4 of us were seated, @GenerationX was seated across from us also. It was nice to see Charla who was dressed to the nines for Chic night. We chatted a bit intermittently throughout dinner. 

Today I’m in Blu again alone for breakfast. I don’t mind. I know DW likes her sleep and tomorrow she’ll be waking early to disembark. 

I’m amazed the fresh melon and berries plate tastes and looks as fresh on day six as it does on day one. Well played, chef. 

I’d like to try the ramen and a sushi roll today at Sushi on 5 for lunch. One of the greatest psychological mysteries is I’ll easily feed 20’s mindlessly into a slot machine and lose a few hundred dollars but the idea of paying $20-$30 for lunch on a cruise seems like I’m throwing money away. Maybe if I had a chance could of a sushi roll jackpot, I’d feel differently. 

Sigh

happy cruisin’

You could haves your sushi jackpot delivered to your online sushi account because you wouldn't be able to remove it from the ship!😜

• Haha 1

Captain Kate was the biggest fan of the Officers / Guests Volleyball game. 

Activities on this cruise have been awesome and there has been so much participation.. Apparently Carnival doesn’t have a monopoly on “Fun Ships.”

C6870F76-C374-461F-9027-320172ABF0F0.jpeg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, misterkevin said:

Thank you so much for your live review. 😊 I appreciate the detail. I also appreciate your patience with the excruciating level of detailed questions you get from these readers! 

I totally understand the desire to know as much as possible before cruising. That was me for the last 2 months. The knowledge has been so helpful to me. 

• Like 1