Onboard Royal Princess?

Idratherbeatsea

24 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

This just keeps getting better! Trip number 7 to passenger services (by the way, they have now removed the elite and suite line so we all wait in the same line). I was told today by them that the drink charges are because mocktails other than the TWO specific ones listed on the new menu are not covered by the soda package! I honestly thought my head was going to explode- I’m sure those behind me could see the steam coming out of my ears. The look I gave him must have been sufficient as he told me that he would “make an exception “ and remove the charges! Exception???? Are you freaking kidding me? ALL my one kid drinks is chocolate-banana mocktails. He has never been charged before and wasn’t charged on this ship until yesterday. Now suddenly the rules have changed? I don’t think so!!!!!!

Based on what you have had to endure I am going to cancel my prepaid gratuities and cancel shore excursions I have booked online.  I will take my chances that the excursions are still available upon boarding and will book onboard.

3 hours ago, drpack said:

I hear you. You should see how I looked the first time I tried one on...:classic_biggrin:

My wife is small though so I get one for her.

I actually tried the robes that were in our stateroom on the Crown Princess. That’s how I knew they were too small. DW and I couldn’t even get them over our shoulders. Any witnesses would have laughed their heads off.

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

This just keeps getting better! Trip number 7 to passenger services (by the way, they have now removed the elite and suite line so we all wait in the same line). I was told today by them that the drink charges are because mocktails other than the TWO specific ones listed on the new menu are not covered by the soda package! I honestly thought my head was going to explode- I’m sure those behind me could see the steam coming out of my ears. The look I gave him must have been sufficient as he told me that he would “make an exception “ and remove the charges! Exception???? Are you freaking kidding me? ALL my one kid drinks is chocolate-banana mocktails. He has never been charged before and wasn’t charged on this ship until yesterday. Now suddenly the rules have changed? I don’t think so!!!!!!

Makes me glad I didn’t get any type of drink packages. Is the root beer a fountain drink or canned. I didn’t see them listed under canned. Then again, I’m not allowed sugary drinks or alcohol. I may sin a little and get some orange, root beer or hot chocolate. Cruises aren’t good for diabetics who have a sweet tooth. Too much temptation and not enough willpower.

16 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

Do you happen to know if there’s been a big changeover with crew, by any chance? Sounds like nobody has their act together.  We love the Royal and Regal and haven’t experienced these issues before, but many employees we’ve spoken with on other ships, like the Grand, have expressed their dissatisfaction  working on these larger ships like the Royal.  This is rather disconcerting that Guest Services won’t rectify the prepaid soda issues. Perhaps  You  should post on a social media forum to get this info out there so that others won’t pre purchase if Princess won’t honor their contract for soda purchase. 

Day 4 for a robe is completely unacceptable.   Hope I don’t end up in the same area with that steward next week. 

They normally do not do large crew changes.

It is always gradual as rotations/contracts end and new ones begin.

It fluctuates all the time.      Maybe 50-100 crew at a time.

Just now, Colo Cruiser said:

They normally do not do large crew changes.

It is always gradual as rotations/contracts end and new ones begin.

Maybe 50-100 at a time.

Maybe a lot of the changeover was in guest services.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Colo Cruiser said:

It's hard to say.

You see it all the time in reviews........

Another on the same cruise may not see any of these issues.

I hope my cruise in 9 days runs smoothly. I am keeping guest services out of the equation as much as possible.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1emerald1 said:

Based on what you have had to endure I am going to cancel my prepaid gratuities and cancel shore excursions I have booked online.  I will take my chances that the excursions are still available upon boarding and will book onboard.

I had no issue with pre paid gratuities or shore excursion. Both appeared on day 1

3 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I had no issue with pre paid gratuities or shore excursion. Both appeared on day 1

Just make sure guest services don’t get a tip. I have had incredible stewards and wait staff on traditional dining. For those people, I will keep my gratuities as paid. My only gratuity issue was on the Golden when prepaid gratuities for my wife weren’t listed as prepaid. I pulled out my stack of papers from my travel summary and proved that they were prepaid. They fixed it and listed them as paid. I didn’t want to cheat the crew members who earned the gratuity.

Edited by stvandy1
Added on

17 minutes ago, stvandy1 said:

Just make sure guest services don’t get a tip. I have had incredible stewards and wait staff on traditional dining. For those people, I will keep my gratuities as paid. My only gratuity issue was on the Golden when prepaid gratuities for my wife weren’t listed as prepaid. I pulled out my stack of papers from my travel summary and proved that they were prepaid. They fixed it and listed them as paid. I didn’t want to cheat the crew members who earned the gratuity.

Oh I am tipping for sure. Just cancelled my prepay and will have it appear on my folio instead.  And I always hand out additional tips at the end.

4 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I had a similar situation when I traded in my mini-bar for two coffee cards.  I was charged for a coffee card (for inventory purposes) and after four days, the charge still wasn't removed.  My aunt's account was fine (we were in the same cabin).  If they could charge and credit her account, then why couldn't the do mine the same way?  I got a song and dance about having to call Princess headquarters in Santa Clarita.  Anyway, I knew the Passenger Services Manager, and happened to run into him in the hallway.  He asked how my cruise was going and I told him it was great, except for one small issue.  He took care of it for me.  You might to escalate to that level to get resolution to your problem.  I would also inquire about the mocktails.  It doesn't sound factual to me. 

• Like 1

I’d like to know why they’ve now removed the Elite Suites line at passenger services desk.  Yet another little perk disappears..  (It was still there on the Crown 4 months ago. )

2 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

I’d like to know why they’ve now removed the Elite Suites line at passenger services desk.  Yet another little perk disappears..  (It was still there on the Crown 4 months ago. )

It was there for the first 4 days on this ship too. Today, day 5, it was gone. Maybe it will come back tomorrow. Who knows?

• Haha 1

On 3/26/2019 at 3:33 PM, lolane1 said:

Seriously, if it's just a place holder for first and second seating, it should say so or they need to add a disclaimer saying that times may vary from the cruise personalizer.  I am booked on the Royal and 7:45 is just too late.  I absolutely would have booked early but that time was ridiculously early and also not reality. Too late to change now.  Both times have a long waitlist.

I hate anytime dining, but does anyone know what would the crowd issue be like around 6PM and also of getting a table for two?

Bummed.................

Just finished the 49 night cruise on the Royal and found that 6pm was tricky for anytime dining. Most of the earlier diners would still be at their tables, so 6:30 to 7:00 was a better time to get a table for two. 

2 hours ago, 4cats4me said:

a) When there is a large number of elites on board, it can be quicker to wait in the regular line than the elite line. Maybe that is what happened here and they figured the line was ineffective

b) Even when there is the separate line, I have seen it taken away for a few hours when the atrium is used for events such as a balloon drop or the Champagne fountain as the space is needed for those who attend the event.

1 hour ago, jpnr said:

Just finished the 49 night cruise on the Royal and found that 6pm was tricky for anytime dining. Most of the earlier diners would still be at their tables, so 6:30 to 7:00 was a better time to get a table for two. 

That is exactly why I did early Traditional.

Indulge yourself with this premium Unlimited Soda & More Package, entitling you to unlimited fountain soft drinks, plus mocktails, juices, and complimentary hot chocolate throughout your cruise. Price includes service charge. Package excludes room service, must be purchased for full length of voyage, cannot be shared, is non-transferable, and is non-refundable within 3 days of sailing.

I posted that straight off the Princess web site.

No where does it say that only some of the mocktails are covered.

I got the hubby the soda and more package and if they start not specifying when you purchase the package then that is not right at all!

Like all of us, I go on a cruise to unwind and not deal with "office stuff". I do that for in a real job already!!

5 minutes ago, greenie082756 said:

No where does it say that only some of the mocktails are covered.

a mocktail  menu has been posted before ... maybe Princess chose to actually enforce it as the only ones covered by the package

or just another normal Princess glitch ...

13 hours ago, caribill said:

a) When there is a large number of elites on board, it can be quicker to wait in the regular line than the elite line. Maybe that is what happened here and they figured the line was ineffective

b) Even when there is the separate line, I have seen it taken away for a few hours when the atrium is used for events such as a balloon drop or the Champagne fountain as the space is needed for those who attend the event.

Only 388 Elites onboard current sailing, 

and passenger services on this particular ship is far from the atrium.  

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

a mocktail  menu has been posted before ... maybe Princess chose to actually enforce it as the only ones covered by the package

or just another normal Princess glitch ...

The new drinks menu only lists three mocktails- none of which are appealing. I don’t believe for a second that what I was told about only certain mocktails being included is correct!

14 hours ago, jpnr said:

Thanks for replying.  I am just going to leave it as is and adapt.