Details please, Free Elite laundry

TAMU Dad

9 minutes ago, phabric said:

I will be bringing linen pants.  I want them to be just pressed.

Will they just press and not wash?

If I put the linen pants in the bag with other clothes how do they tell just press?

Do I put the linen pants in a bag marked press and put in a bag with the other clothes?

If I put linen pants in a separate bag for pressing and another for clothes, will the 2 bags be counted as 2 and be charged?

We will on a 14 day cruise so will be sending out daily.

20 minutes ago, phabric said:

If I put the linen pants in the bag with other clothes how do they tell just press?

Do I put the linen pants in a bag marked press and put in a bag with the other clothes?

If I put linen pants in a separate bag for pressing and another for clothes, will the 2 bags be counted as 2 and be charged?

Mark/describe them on the laundry price list and put comments/special instructions in the comment section.

23 minutes ago, phabric said:

With the Elite laundry benefit there is no limit on the number of bags. When and if charges apply, non-elite or same day service, they are per item, not per bag.

Also, there are free irons in all the laundry rooms. You may want to iron yourself. Quicker and probably easier.

21 hours ago, Elevatorman said:

I always take a picture of the items, I just place them on the bed and so I have a record of what’s going to laundry

Excellent advice, and it makes looking through photos on my phone kind of fun, too.  "There's the Acropolis!" "There's the Marina Bay Sands!" "There's my underwear and your socks!" "There's the Petronas Towers!"

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Elevatorman said:

I always take a picture of the items, I just place them on the bed and so I have a record of what’s going to laundry

I usually take a picture of the completed form, since you send all copies with the bag. I suppose a pic of the clothes could help you sort through the lost and found for your undies. 

On 3/27/2019 at 12:00 PM, suekel said:

Suites get it back sooner.  On my last cruise, we put it out for our steward when we went to dinner and had it back the next afternoon.  Before that, it took a couple days being elite.  There is an option to pay for it faster but I don't know how much it is.  I only use it on cruises 10 days or longer.  

Just got off the Grand in a suite and on embarkation day there was this big notice on my pillow stating that it would be a 72 hr turnaround time and be prepared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank goodness I packed for not needing this service as a 72 hr. turnaround time would have been awkward for our short cruise.

Pooh

On 3/28/2019 at 7:57 AM, skynight said:

Dry cleaning with chemicals, no. They do have a waterless cleaning and it is included with the Elite benefit.

The cleaning process now used on Princess has been very satisfactory for us.

We mark everything Cleaned except for his undies which we mark Laundry.

Both are included in the Elite perks.  

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Just got off the Grand in a suite and on embarkation day there was this big notice on my pillow stating that it would be a 72 hr turnaround time and be prepared!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank goodness I packed for not needing this service as a 72 hr. turnaround time would have been awkward for our short cruise.

Pooh

The laundry system is overwhelmed.   🙁

Elite laundry an excellent option if you have polo shirts which are too big.  They will definitely shrink them for you and add a bit of washed look to them.  Not bad for pants which can handle hot water, socks, or men'sunderwear.  Just don't send any clothing which is delicate or expensive.

Edited by DGSFlorida

On 3/27/2019 at 12:27 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

There is supposed to be for suites.

However we have been unable to get better than the 72 hour turnaround time on the last several cruises in suites.

Mid cruise one time we were told we would need to book the next cruise to get our laundry back.  🙄

Did you mark the Presto box?

We have sailed in 7 suites now, and it was always same day if out before 9am.

On our last Majestic cruise, our room steward preferred that we put it out at night, which was then returned the next evening.

6 minutes ago, cflutist said:

On our last Majestic cruise, our room steward preferred that we put it out at night, which was then returned the next evening.

We had the opposite experience. The last 10 it has been 72 hours.

They didn't care what box I checked.  🤔

Glad you had a good experience with it.

We never send delicates out unless we choose the other cleaning option, which is kind of like a dry cleaning.  At any rate, I send my jeans and evening  tops to be “cleaned” not washed, since I can’t risk any shrinkage.  

My husband enjoys the benefit more than me, since he is very skinny and I am not. 

I launder some things while I am  in our shower,  and at other times some items in the sink, too.

On our last cruise to Europe on the Crown we sent out items almost every day and got them back within 24-36 hours. On other cruises, no longer than 48 hours.    

On 3/28/2019 at 9:22 AM, phabric said:

I will be bringing linen pants.  I want them to be just pressed.

Will they just press and not wash?

Yes they will just press and you will get it back the next day. 

Tony

3 hours ago, cflutist said:

If you check that box, the elite laundry benefit does not apply and you pay full price (unless in a full suite like you have been).