Allure - Our room was raided and tossed!

2 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Perhaps I have misjudged.  I  have seen nothing on the news regarding specific gay charter cruises. it certainly seems like profiling to me. And to jump to ,well you were on a notorious gay charter....seems at the very least , presumptive.  I have seen coverage of quite a few drug busts in general on cruise ships. 

Tinkr2 don't get me wrong. I LOVE that you are standing up against homophobia and we need MILLIONS more allies like you...keep doing what you're doing and make sure you join us at the "Friends of Dorothy" cocktail hours (or whatever they are called) to meet more of us. But I would say before you go charging in with both guns blazing to defend us make sure you know of what you speak. Just like all people we have our own that make bad decisions and bring drugs onboard for circuit parties. Many have OD'd or even died on these cruises. They have been well publicized if you look. As a result the cruise lines have a PR nightmare when people die on charters on their ships. So obviously they will work very closely with whatever law enforcement to ensure they minimize their risks. 

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

My surprise was that the land of the free didn’t feel so free to me 😄 as I was barefoot in a Royal Caribbean bathrobe in the hallway under guard. 

You do realize that while you are standing in the hallway on a RCI ship, or even in the cabin "you paid for" (but still isn't your property), that you are not in the "land of the free", but are in the Bahamas, regardless of where the ship is physically located?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

You do realize that while you are standing in the hallway on a RCI ship, or even in the cabin "you paid for" (but still isn't your property), that you are not in the "land of the free", but are in the Bahamas, regardless of where the ship is physically located?

The OP realizes that....sadly many of the other posters here seem to have missed that point. It's why I get a dinner table for two until I know who I want to sit with

4 hours ago, SakeDad said:

Can you at least TRY to stay on topic? This post had NOTHING to do with everyone disembarking or embarking and all the bags of almost 10,000 passengers coming and going through security on the dock!! This is about guests being in their CABINS and armed guards and dogs opening all your belongings, ripping out everything you had neatly packed to move cabins and being humiliated as you were forced to stand in a hallway in a bathrobe and barefoot as guests and crew pass by not knowing if you deserved the treatment or not!! Clearly for YOU it really is that hard to understand. 

I am totally on topic. The OP was one of a select few that did not have to present there luggage to security. Would you have been happier if every B2B passenger had to take clean out there cabin, take their luggage through security, and go through customs before getting back on ship. 

What kills me is you agree this was a high risk situation.  So those random actions were warranted.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I am totally on topic. The OP was one of a select few that did not have to present there luggage to security. Would you have been happier if every B2B passenger had to take clean out there cabin, take their luggage through security, and go through customs before getting back on ship. 

What kills me is you agree this was a high risk situation.  So those random actions were warranted.  

What kills me is how COMPLETELY you missed the point of the OP and everything that happened to him. And now you will be one I referred to above as "one of THOSE"...

5 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

This is not fake news . This is news  brought to internationals from all over the world. ICE agents sat on 528 profiling and checking workers truck, checking for green cards. Not fake news, real workers who stopped going to work bc they were so frightened, even those with green cards. About half this thread is Florida and Part Canaveral area, were you aware? No I am guessing.

If you are talking about ICE checking for illegals--Yes, it happens quite often and not surprised as they are doing their jobs.  Were you planning on entering the US as an illegal.  If not, what the heck are you worried about.  Have you seen the illegal(s) invasion that is taking place in both Europe and the US.  You have as many problems if not more as we do.   We weren't afraid of cruising Europe a few years ago, even after the terrorist attacks in France and Spain.  Shocking to see armed soldiers in the Barcelona air terminal and as a foreigner had to show my passport some 3-4 times before boarding.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SakeDad said:

What kills me is how COMPLETELY you missed the point of the OP and everything that happened to him. And now you will be one I referred to above as "one of THOSE"...

Typing in all caps does not make your right.😉

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

[sarcasm]So the officials of the "land of the free" invaded another countries territory? Would be interesting to know if they where authorized or even asked to do this on behalf of that Country.[/sarcasm]

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Have you seen the illegal(s) invasion that is taking place in both Europe and the US.  

No I haven´t seen an invasion of illegals in Europe and I live there. These FAKE News are spread By media and politicians with a certain Agenda, but that doesn´t make them true. As for the US, nope I have not seen them either, but no I´m not Living there. I know though how this is spread around on Twitter By a certain Person with an overinflated ego from DC. However if you look at a wide range of media you will Pretty much come to the conclusion there´s no Invasion in the US either. 

I don´t say there are no illegals, but certainly there´s not an Invasion like some may want us to think there is.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

It was US law enforcement carrying out this excess and you are going to claim he was in the Bahamas?
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

On February 3rd, 2109, while doing a back to back on Allure.  It was turn around day in Miami.  There was a knock on our stateroom door in the early morning. I was in the shower and my partner was not dressed. Whoever it was, was covering the peep hole so we couldn’t see. We opened the door and It was a customs search team. Nine officers dressed in black with bullet proof vests, a ship security guard and a dog. We were allowed to put on robes and we waited barefoot, under guard in the hallway (on display to the other passengers walking by) while 4 of the officers and the dog ripped our room apart. We each got called in a couple of times to answer questions because they said the dog got a hit in the room.  All I had was prescriptions so there was nothing of course.  I wondered if they say that to everyone to try to get them to crack.   Eventually they left leaving us a mess. All of our neighbours think we’re druglords!

At the back to backers meeting area we soon found out that half of them were raided as well.  

After 28 cruises this was something new!  Our room attendant told us it happens just about every week.  Just so you know they showed us no paperwork what so ever.  We are from Canada so I do not know the legalities.  It just seemed wrong to me to be raided, accused of hiding something in the room and our dignity taking a hit without direct cause or any paperwork.  I will add that they were all respectful to us, even when they accused me of having "something" hidden in the room somewhere. 

At least I have a great story to tell now! Although it was quite disturbing to us on the day it happened.

Cheers!

If it were me I would not have let them n the room until. I was fully dressed. Then I would have called down to the Front Desk and asked to be patched into security and have the lead senior officer come up to the room. 

Before anyone entered I would ask for their ID, if they have probable cause or a, warrant to enter. The reason why they suspect any problem. 

If they must enter I would control my possessions and the search by witnessing it. Take any cellphone images or video. 

If I felt it was unjust I would be on the phone with Miami or email the Executive Office. 

Im sorry you experienced this and yes please do report it to the executive office etc. 

Interesting thread. Fake news seems to find a place in every conversation nowadays, it’s a great substitute for critical thinking and civil disagreement. 

US travelers comparing other country immigration and customs miss the point because they enter the US as citizens. Immigrants are subject to different treatment, which isn’t necessarily an issue, but are also subject to different (and often unfriendly) attitudes, which is, or can be, an issue. Impossible to say if this was present in the OPs situation. 

US immigration and customs is not the worst in the world by far, but it’s also not the best. A quick pat down cannot be compared with a 45 minute shakedown. To the OP - while it’s no consolation, it could have been worse, because you could also have been subject to a body search and they could have invaded your electronic devices.

Neither immigrants nor citizens enjoy constitutional rights until they clear customs. ICE is pretty much free to do as they wish, with limited scrutiny. This does not lead to greater safety or security, and certainly has a limited impact on smuggling, but the temporary loss of personal freedoms does feed into the mindsets of the “law and order” types and create a (mostly false) sense of security.

Edited by El Abuelo
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

No I haven´t seen an invasion of illegals in Europe and I live there. These FAKE News are spread By media and politicians with a certain Agenda, but that doesn´t make them true. As for the US, nope I have not seen them either, but no I´m not Living there. I know though how this is spread around on Twitter By a certain Person with an overinflated ego from DC. However if you look at a wide range of media you will Pretty much come to the conclusion there´s no Invasion in the US either. 

I don´t say there are no illegals, but certainly there´s not an Invasion like some may want us to think there is.

And now truth comes out.  Do you know that the same procedures have been in place even the before the Donald was elected.  You are delusional if you don't think that the US has a problem in the Southern Border.  You have been brainwashed by Spartacus (Booker) the senator, unfortunately from our great state of New Jersey.

By the way, the Italians and Germans would not agree with you. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

Semantics.   I believe the use of the word invasion is appropriate when CBP is overwhelmed by in excess of 60,000 to 70,000 people per month.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

If my memory serves me I believe his exact words were... the dog got a hit in your room, what and where is it?  My response was what does the dog hit on? because I have nothing but my prescriptions.  And I pointed out the bag they were in.   I remember thinking that if the dog actually  sniffed something out they would know what and where.  I think they were using some sort of tactics.   I have nothing to hide so I was cool as a cucumber.  

What if a, stateroom attendant left a joint in your room or the past guest? If I am a non smoker due to a sensitivity to any tobacco products. So you cannot really accuse the occupant of the room in nless you have probable causem

I wonder if you are in Miami are you protected as American Citizens  even if the cruise ship is not registered n the USA. 

It was very unprofessional of the officers to leave your room in a mess. If it were me they would not be leaving until they fix the mess or else I would be asking for the head of the Miami CBP to fix the mess. 

Whenever security looked through my bags they always kept things in order

Remember dogs are not 100 percent. A smell could eminate from three cabins down. I have a very sensitive nose and hearing.  So I know the smell could be coming from another location. 

Why didn't security call you in advance to inform you of the search.  I would have finished my shower put on clothes and made the calls before letting anyone in my cabin. 

20 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Our state room attendant was a wonderful woman with a long career with Royal Caribbean.   Her service was impeccable.   She even popped over to visit us in our new room the following week and made sure we were okay.   I fail to see any reason why she would lie to us about that.   What would be the point? 

I would have asked the pursuer for compensation for the humiliation and for not having a probable cause to search the cabin. I mean they chose your cabin out of a dozen cabins while your packing up. Even at the airport they tell.me before they search me 

4 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

How do they know how much they did not find to determine it´s less than what they found?

Um, based on how many searches they do and how much they find in those searches.  Of course they don't know all of what they don't find, but they do know the percentages of those searches they do.  The majority of searches they do are based on years of experience, tips, etc so they do find a lot.

I think people would be amazed at what people try to bring in and how.  I'm not just talking drugs.  The person we know worked at a large international airport, but has worked in other venues also.

Edited by BND

19 hours ago, birdie16 said:

If I was going to guess, I would say a previous cruiser in your cabin was probably smoking pot.  I can’t tell you how many times I have cruised and smelled things that brought back memories of college days.  

If that's the case the cleaning crew are responsible for this and OP. Royal Caribbean should compensate you if you felt singled out. 45 minutes in a bathrobe is not how I would spend my vacation. 

18 hours ago, Gquie said:

The timeline and the ship that this happened on sounds like it was the Atlantis cruise. I have friends who attended this cruise along with other Atlantis cruises' of years past. I don't mean to paint with a broad stroke but it's no real secret what types of things people try (and successfully) carry on board. I'm not surprised that there was a heightened level of security/scrutiny. 

I'm not saying that I condone what happened to you OP as I believe everyone has a reasonable right to privacy and respect and how you were treated was not respectful, but is it possible that someone wanted to cause trouble for you and issued a fake tip to cause all of this to happen? For them to say they had intel on you sounds like someone might have told them something.

Res ipsa, Loquitor. 

23 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Why didn't security call you in advance to inform you of the search.  I would have finished my shower put on clothes and made the calls before letting anyone in my cabin. 

I see that call going like this.

Hello Mr Escobar, quick heads up,  DEA would like to search your room for illegal drugs in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to flush everything down the toilet. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, nelblu said:

And now truth comes out.  Do you know that the same procedures have been in place even the before the Donald was elected.  You are delusional if you don't think that the US has a problem in the Southern Border.  You have been brainwashed By Spartacus (Booker) the senator, unfortunately from our great state of New Jersey.

By the way, the Italians and Germans would not agree with you. 

I´m not sure who has been brainwashed, but I don´t even know who "Spartacus (Booker) the Senator" is and I haven´t ever heard about him before.

It´s interesting to see your Knowledge About Italians and Germans agreeing or disagreeing with me. I´d be seriously interested where your Knowledge stems from and how many Germans and Italians you have talked to.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I see that call going like this.

Hello Mr Escobar, quick heads up,  DEA would like to search your room for illegal drugs in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to flush everything down the toilet. 

😂

14 minutes ago, travelplus said:

If that's the case the cleaning crew are responsible for this and OP. Royal Caribbean should compensate you if you felt singled out. 45 minutes in a bathrobe is not how I would spend my vacation. 

I for one am curious what would happen if there were no bathrobes in the cabin. 🤔

We usually ask for them to be removed.

• Like 2