Allure - Our room was raided and tossed!

24 minutes ago, BND said:

Um, based on how many searches they do and how much they find in those searches.  Of course they don't know all of what they don't find, but they do know the percentages of those searches they do.  The majority of searches they do are based on years of experience, tips, etc so they do find a lot.

I think people would be amazed at what people try to bring in and how.  I'm not just talking drugs.  The person we know worked at a large international airport, but has worked in other venues also.

Well of Course they know their success rate of the searches they performed. Obviously they know once they have done 100 searches and were succesful 60 times that they have a 60 percent success rate (Figures are completely made up By me). 

However you claimed "We have a friend who worked CPB and believe me, they find a lot more than they don't.", which implies out of everything smuggled in they catch more than 50%. This is different than the success vs. failed searches they perform.

• Thanks 1

Several years ago my husband and I were stopped in PC as we disembarked Freedom. The agent looked at my passport, motioned another agent over, and said we need to search your luggage.  So they took all of our luggage, including my purse,  and started meticulously going through it.  The agent kept asking me questions about our cruise, I felt as though he was trying to trick me into saying something.  Anyway, as he was taking the contents of my purse out, he pulled out my husband’s badge and ID, my husband is retired FLE.  The agent looked at this, and his whole demeanor changed. He suddenly became very friendly, told the other agent who was opening my husband’s bag not to bother, and apologized for the delay.  And said welcome home🙄

I found this to be an embarrassing situation as other passengers were walking by staring at us but at least I was not in a bathrobe.  And I was beginning to feel guilty even though I knew there was nothing to be guilty of.  What the OP went through is 100 times worse and I can’t imagine having that happen the way it did.  

OP, I am sorry this happened to you.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

I would seriously re-think that request😜

I would ask for extra robes.

21 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Our state room attendant was a wonderful woman with a long career with Royal Caribbean.   Her service was impeccable.   She even popped over to visit us in our new room the following week and made sure we were okay.   I fail to see any reason why she would lie to us about that.   What would be the point? 

I would have asked the pursuer for compensation for the humiliation and for not having a probable cause to search the cabin. I mean they chose your cabin out of a dozen cabins while your packing up. Even at the airport they tell.me before they search me 

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I see that call going like this.

Hello Mr Escobar, quick heads up,  DEA would like to search your room for illegal drugs in 30 minutes.

Thanks for the warning, I'll make sure to flush everything down the toilet. 

That would at least be civilized and respectful.😁

Of Course the Chief wouldn´t be happy About Mr. Escobar´s behavior, as Flushing it down the toilet might Impact the sensible vacuum toilet System and thus it´s inconsiderate of your fellow Cruisers, as it usually affects other cabins as well. 😳

21 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

That would at least be civilized and respectful.😁

Of Course the Chief wouldn´t be happy About Mr. Escobar´s behavior, as Flushing it down the toilet might Impact the sensible vacuum toilet System and thus it´s inconsiderate of your fellow Cruisers, as it usually affects other cabins as well. 😳

I thought of that. 🍺

If that's the case the cleaning crew are responsible for this and OP. Royal Caribbean should compensate you if you felt singled out. 45 minutes in a bathrobe is not how I would spend my vacation. 

The intent was to humiliate him. Absolutely no reason to do a 45 minute search. They knew they would find nothing. It was all about his sexual orientation.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

The intent was to humiliate him. Absolutely no reason to do a 45 minute search. They knew they would find nothing. It was all about his sexual orientation.

This is terrible. Do you think an employee made this report or a fellow passenger? I would start a, lawsuit and investigation on this. I mean the OP rights were violated, being discriminated for the sexual orientation. Then heck Yea email the Executive Office, Crown and Anchor etc. Don't let them off the hook. 

48 minutes ago, travelplus said:

I would ask for extra robes.

I would have asked the pursuer for compensation for the humiliation and for not having a probable cause to search the cabin. I mean they chose your cabin out of a dozen cabins while your packing up. Even at the airport they tell.me before they search me 

At the airport you are a US Citizen on home soil and you have many rights.

At the border all your citizen rights are not in effect until you pass through immigration.  They don't need probable cause and they don't have to be polite. And they can detain you and keep you from entering the country as long as they want. And they don't have to give you a lawyer or phone call.  

I have to say a 45 minute search, 9 agents and a dog, with repeated questioning does NOT sound like a random search. Along with half the B2B, it sounds targetted.  

Edited by PelicanBill
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, travelplus said:

This is terrible. Do you think an employee made this report or a fellow passenger? I would start a, lawsuit and investigation on this. I mean the OP rights were violated, being discriminated for the sexual orientation. Then heck Yea email the Executive Office, Crown and Anchor etc. Don't let them off the hook. 

Who are you going to sue or complain to?  Royal Caribbean has no control over this! If Border Patrol wants to board and search they can do so with no notice and total authority.  All the ship officers can do is follow them around and take note in case someone gets hauled off!  The OP's rights were not violated.  You do not enjoy any rights as a US Citizen until you have returned through immigration.

• Like 4

Trickie Dickie...Thanks for sharing your experience.  I now know that if someone is blocking the peek hole, not open the door, to bolt the door, get dressed and call security.  You have alerted all of us that this is a possibility.  We are sailing on the Allure in June with 19 family members, I will be sure to tell everyone about your experiences.  I have never done drugs and have no reason to be concerned with a search.  However, I would be traumatized to open my door to a crowd of police.  You have done a great service by alerting us to what could happen.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Trickie Dickie...Thanks for sharing your experience.  I now know that if someone is blocking the peek hole, not open the door, to bolt the door, get dressed and call security.  You have alerted all of us that this is a possibility.  We are sailing on the Allure in June with 19 family members, I will be sure to tell everyone about your experiences.  I have never done drugs and have no reason to be concerned with a search.  However, I would be traumatized to open my door to a crowd of police.  You have done a great service by alerting us to what could happen.

I'm not sure what calling security would accomplish.

2 minutes ago, Nashna said:

Unfortunately you won’t have time to get dressed.  If it’s CPB and they want to search your room they will knock and maybe wait about 20 seconds.  If they don’t get a response they will enter.  The deadbolt on your door is useless as that is easily overridden.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PelicanBill said:

At the airport you are a US Citizen on home soil and you have many rights.

At the border all your citizen rights are not in effect until you pass through immigration.  They don't need probable cause and they don't have to be polite. And they can detail you and keep you from entering the country as long as they want. And they don't have to give you a lawyer or phone call.  

I have to say a 45 minute search, 9 agents and a dog, with repeated questioning does NOT sound like a random search. Along with half the B2B, it sounds targetted.  

Still curious how you put 9 agents, 1 RCL security rep, and a dog in a JS. 🤔

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Aren't your legs tired from jumping to all these conclusions?

• Like 11

2 hours ago, 123funcruiser said:

No I haven´t seen an invasion of illegals in Europe and I live there. These FAKE News are spread By media and politicians with a certain Agenda, but that doesn´t make them true. As for the US, nope I have not seen them either, but no I´m not Living there. I know though how this is spread around on Twitter By a certain Person with an overinflated ego from DC. However if you look at a wide range of media you will Pretty much come to the conclusion there´s no Invasion in the US either. 

I don´t say there are no illegals, but certainly there´s not an Invasion like some may want us to think there is.

13,000 in one day. What exactly would you call that?  The fake news insists it’s not a crises or an emergency and now you insist it’s not an invasion. What was it? A wrong turn?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

This sheds a little light on the situation.  

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/two-men-arrested-trying-smuggle-drugs-gay-cruise-ship-police-n968591

They knew they had an issue, thus the excess personnel.  The OP was just in the wrong place and the wrong time.

Well- this proves it’s hardly random! But atleast they legit had a reason to search rooms on this cruise!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles4515 said:

A couple months ago, 2 men were busted for carrying 27 grams of MDMA, 18 grams of ketamine, 246 grams of GHB, 7 grams of (male enhancement drug) and 5 grams of Adderall in their luggage on to this very same charter.  That was just 2 men.  So yes, I agree, they were targeted for the fact they were about to embark on a cruise that has a proven history of drug abuse.  If anything, the OP should be angry that his fellow passengers have created this situation, not at the response.  But this it 2019.  We don't blame the actual responsible parties anymore.   

Edited by Aquahound
  • Like 18

7 hours ago, bonsai3s said:

Big G...thanks...showing my age...retired FLEO...just stirring the pot.

Glad you made it out. Retired myself but after a couple of years they hired me back as a civilian to run their systems. Watching what goes on these days I'm glad I'm out 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still curious how you put 9 agents, 1 RCL security rep, and a dog in a JS. 🤔

Only 4 officers and the dog entered the room. The remaining men and women stayed in the hall to guard me and my partner. This was stated in my original post. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1