Allure - Our room was raided and tossed!

19 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

So you are one of those who think “law enforcement” should have carte blanche and citizens don’t have rights? The search that was described was unreasonable and never should have happened. “Law Enforcement” should be held accountable.

If the person involved thinks his treatment was illegal he should certainly file suit and have his day in court.  Once again I say, if standing in a hallway in a robe for a few minutes is the worst thing that happens during your travels then I say (IMHO) you have nothing to complain about.  Some searches have to be done quickly as evidence can be time sensitive.  The person does not have to be given an explanation and law enforcement does not need his consent.  I admire the course of action by Donald Rumsfeld.  Allow law enforcement to do its job and in the end all will be well, assuming the search yielded nothing.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aquahound said:

A couple months ago, 2 men were busted for carrying 27 grams of MDMA, 18 grams of ketamine, 246 grams of GHB, 7 grams of (male enhancement drug) and 5 grams of Adderall in their luggage on to this very same charter.  That was just 2 men.  So yes, I agree, they were targeted for the fact they were about to embark on a cruise that has a proven history of drug abuse.  If anything, the OP should be angry that his fellow passengers have created this situation, not at the response.  But this it 2019.  We don't blame the actual responsible parties anymore.   

I am horribly confused,. so merely by attending a cruise that has had drugs in the past, I should be willing to submit myself to unreasonable search and seizure?  Holy crap, what constitutional you reading?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Trickie Dickie said:

Wow 😮 

I actually was pulled out of of the shower and stood in a bathrobe on full public display. You think I wasn’t embarrassed? Your post is heartless to say the least. 

Cruise Critic can be exhausting. Yikes!

If you think the search violated your rights and was illegal, by all means file suit and have your day in court.  No one else can feel embarrassment for you, only you can feel embarrassment for yourself.  What do you have to feel embarrassed about?  Full public display?  In front fo 10, 20 or 30 total strangers?  Had I been passing by your hallway at the time I wouldn't have given the incident more than a passing thought.  Life presents daily challenges and I have more important things to deal with than a guy in a hallway in a robe.  Move along, this incident isn't worth any further consideration, IMHO.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DfDinLA said:

If you think the search violated your rights and was illegal, by all means file suit and have your day in court.  No one else can feel embarrassment for you, only you can feel embarrassment for yourself.  What do you have to feel embarrassed about?  Full public display?  In front fo 10, 20 or 30 total strangers?  Had I been passing by your hallway at the time I wouldn't have given the incident more than a passing thought.  Life presents daily challenges and I have more important things to deal with than a guy in a hallway in a robe.  Move along, this incident isn't worth any further consideration, IMHO.

Wow 😮

Another heartless individual! 

I would thank you for your response but that would be dishonest.  😄

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Aquahound said:

ICE did not knock on the OP's door, and ICE does not perform border security.  I do realize the fake news has been spreading a lot of false rumors in their war against ICE and the fickle general public is believing it, but it does not make it true.

This is evidence of your ignorance. We were called out by our employees. We came with our attorneys . They most certainly were ice agents and you have no idea what you are speaking about . Resume watching tv.......

7 hours ago, 2wheelin said:

But don’t you see—-this is the way to do things now. Then you can claim brutality and profiling. Too many young people are being taught to act this way. Then people in Denmark read the news and think law enforcement is evil.

The people in Denmark are capable of making rationale decision. If you dismiss every incident of police brutality and profiling, I am concerned for you .

53 minutes ago, DfDinLA said:

Just stop .it was horrible and embarrassing and you claiming it warns, does not make it so.:classic_sad:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

The people in Denmark are capable of making rationale decision. If you dismiss every incident of police brutality and profiling, I am concerned for you .

Just stop .it was horrible and embarrassing and you claiming it warns, does not make it so.:classic_sad:

“Dismiss every incident......”. Those are your words, not mine! But based on personal experience roughly 90% of those claims reveal a belligerent “victim”.

Yes, probably most people in Denmark can make a rational decision but the previous poster from Denmark did not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tinkr2 said:

I am horribly confused,. so merely by attending a cruise that has had drugs in the past, I should be willing to submit myself to unreasonable search and seizure?  Holy crap, what constitutional you reading?

Yes, you most certainly are confused. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, 2wheelin said:

“Dismiss every incident......”. Those are your words, not mine! But based on personal experience roughly 90% of those claims reveal a belligerent “victim”.

Yes, probably most people in Denmark can make a rational decision but the previous poster from Denmark did not.

90% you say. please share your crime data that supports those fake percentiles. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

This is evidence of your ignorance. We were called out by our employees. We came with our attorneys . They most certainly were ice agents and you have no idea what you are speaking about . Resume watching tv.......

And as usual, your post makes no sense whatsoever. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

so there was a drug bust on the allure that weekend. 2 guys were arrested trying to bring drugs on the ship on Sunday the 3rd. This mat have been posted, i didnt read every page.

sucks what happened, at least you had robes. Ive seen random searches on most cruises I have been on. same scenario with security in the room and security watching the cruisers outside as well. I had a ton of security in my room 1 evening after a pair of my sunglasses went missing. they searched out room while we waited outside like we were making it up. No biggie, they found them after searching the cleaning guys room.

They obviously had a reason to search rooms i guess ( not saying yours ) seeing they did bust guys trying to bring on.

Police said numerous drugs were found inside the men’s luggage, including suspected MDMA, ketamine, *****, Adderall, and GHB

Actually maybe you should be the one to stop before you insult everyone on this thread.

People are still allowed to post their thoughts without being insulted, right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Cruzaholic41 said:

And as usual, your post makes no sense whatsoever. 

Thank heavens I do not agree with you either. My post was purely in response to your fake news nonsense and invasion silliness.. There were most certainly ice agents stopping people  here locally , with zero probable cause. you seem to think thats part of our freedoms.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Actually maybe you should be the one to stop before you insult everyone on this thread.

People are still allowed to post their thoughts without being insulted, right?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Where was the insult?

so there was a drug bust on the allure that weekend. 2 guys were arrested trying to bring drugs on the ship on Sunday the 3rd. This mat have been posted, i didnt read every page.

There was a drug bust but it wasn’t on the Allure. They intended to board the Allure, but they were careless and pretty stupid and got caught. Thank goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Here’s some reading material that will help educate you on this topic. It may help you understand what others have been trying to explain.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/176/~/cbp-search-authority

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Please advise what part of the OP's experience constitutes "unreasonable search and seizure"?  Please give some legal justifications for this, like Big_G did which includes the statement:

"The Supreme Court decisions have upheld the doctrine that CBP's search authority is unique and does not violate the fourth amendment's protection against unreasonable searches and seizures."

I'm not talking about your off-topic rants about ICE agents looking for illegal immigrants, because that is a different agency, and a different scenario than what is being discussed here, which relates to border inspections.  Keep your feelings about political topics like ICE to a political forum, and not here.  And this applies to all posters who decided that this thread needed to take a hard turn into politics.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Thank heavens I do not agree with you either. My post was purely in response to your fake news nonsense and invasion silliness.. There were most certainly ice agents stopping people  here locally , with zero probable cause. you seem to think thats part of our freedoms.

Um, it wasn’t me you quoted earlier so once again, you’ve got your facts messed up. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

Wow, you sure are an angry person.  Fact 1 - A Customs Border Search is not unreasonable search and seizure.  I would love for you to show me a SCOTUS decision saying it is.  

Fact 2 - Yes, LE does target areas known for certain criminal activity. 

Fact 3 - It still was not ICE that performed the search on the OP, which is the topic of this thread.  

Cmon tinker, try to keep up here.  

• Like 3

These are agents patrolling and stopping ordinary people going to work. If that needs to be our emphasis, then we are screwed . I do not think it is ok to stop and question people based on a profile, whether you're a brown driving to work on 528 or a gay man on a party cruise, thats a line  Id choose not to step over.

From personal experience.  What would you suggest?  Maybe getting rid of Customs, ICE and the FBI agents.

Don't sweat it as we only have 12 more years before the World ends. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3