Deluxe Balcony Breakfast

drewdrewcruiser

I'll be in M103 on the Royal Princess which is a deluxe forward facing balcony cabin.  For the deluxe balcony breakfast that is $45, would they bring a bigger table and extra chair for the balcony so that at least 3 people can sit and eat at the same time?  The balcony is large enough. Thinking it would be fun to do this but only if hubby, son and I could actually enjoy our meal together.   

1 hour ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

I'll be in M103 on the Royal Princess which is a deluxe forward facing balcony cabin.  For the deluxe balcony breakfast that is $45, would they bring a bigger table and extra chair for the balcony so that at least 3 people can sit and eat at the same time?  The balcony is large enough. Thinking it would be fun to do this but only if hubby, son and I could actually enjoy our meal together.   

For the Ultimate Balcony Dinner they bring a table but use the balcony's chairs. If you pre-purchased the breakfast, you should have a card in your room when you get on that will have a number to call. Call them and make the arrangements.

25 minutes ago, skynight said:

Note that for cabin M103 access to the balcony is allowed only when in port. Plan your breakfast accordingly. 

Now my curiosity is going.  I will be on the Ruby Princess, Dolphin deck, Vista suite aft.  There are some balconies not accessible at sea times?

:classic_wacko:

8 minutes ago, Lindaru said:

Now my curiosity is going.  I will be on the Ruby Princess, Dolphin deck, Vista suite aft.  There are some balconies not accessible at sea times?

:classic_wacko:

Only forward balconies are listed as not accessible when at sea which is not entirely true, however it would be too windy for the balcony breakfast on a sea day.

20 minutes ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Yes.. If I go ahead with this, it will definitely be for a port day.  Thank you! 

Hopefully you can get them to provide a larger table for three.  Unlike the Ultimate Balcony Dinner with courses served on a table they provide, the Deluxe Balcony Breakfast stacks trays of food to serve yourself.

We did it only once which was on a large Caribe deck balcony (9’x9’) on the Star when they had a full sized table.

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Note that for cabin M103 access to the balcony is allowed only when in port. Plan your breakfast accordingly. 

This is incorrect. There is a note on the cabin description but once onboard the balcony is accessible 24/7 although it may be detrimental when underway and with high winds.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, drewdrewcruiser said:

Every time we have had the UBB (once on the Royal) they have brought the food and dropped it off. There was no additional table provided.

You could call RS and try requesting a table.

FWIW......The last few times we have requested a credit for the $45 and used it for something else.

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to order the deluxe balcony breakfast for my 5/5 re-position cruise on Coral Princess (LA to Vancouver), there is no port day, would it be very windy to have the breakfast on sea day?  I will be in a Mini-Suite D717.

We did it February this year.. a gift from TA.... didn't really want as we were in a suite so breakfast at the crown grill...

Anyway we pick a port day...   as we were only doing our own walks having been there before...

Decided it would work as a bunch..... after a bit of discussions  timed it for after 11am....

We did have a nice balcony it arrived at 11.15am   table cloth and lots of food....

Overall is was nice... the food was nice...  would I pay for it.... ummm  no.... did we enjoy it yes

Cheers Don1354092655_DBBDunedinNZ.thumb.jpg.fdc0b91cbd15cd84262eb298dc45c013.jpg

Our TA gifted us the balcony breakfast but after looking over the menu, we decided to just get the OBC.

Twice I've had a Lido forward suite (L106) and the balcony is really windy unless the ship is docked so If you're going for the breakfast or dinner, I'd do it on a port day.

1 hour ago, akeasley said:

Our TA gifted us the balcony breakfast but after looking over the menu, we decided to just get the OBC.

Hi Alicia

That is what we tried to do..... after reading other posts on CC

But when we went to Guest Services .....we were told because it was a gift from our TA.... we could not convert it to OBC   ??

Anyway we enjoy it so that was main thing....   But as everybody says too much food

Cheers Don

43 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Alicia

But when we went to Guest Services .....we were told because it was a gift from our TA.... we could not convert it to OBC   ??

Anyway we enjoy it so that was main thing....   But as everybody says too much food

Cheers Don

Though not able to get OBC, we have been able to use the credit toward something equivalent but higher in price.

10 hours ago, TheRabbit said:

Though not able to get OBC, we have been able to use the credit toward something equivalent but higher in price.

hope we can do that - upgrade to UBD and just pay the difference

11 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Alicia

Cheers Don

Room service always handled the credit for us. On our bookings it always said it was from the TA but she knew nothing about it. I know it has been listed on a few of our suite bookings. I think it is just coded in the booking that way.

15 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Hi Alicia

Cheers Don

We went to the passenger service desk to get it changed and made sure our TA wouldn't know we didn't actually use it. I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to do the same but glad you enjoyed the breakfast!

Anyone been able to use the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast as a brunch for embarkation day? I would prefer to have breakfast in Sabatini’s each morning as a suite perk, so wouldn’t use the UBB that came with the suite offer and as I’ve never been a fan of the embarkation lunch in the MDR, I figured brunch on the balcony with a half bottle of bubbles would be a welcome change. 🙂

It also gives the Cliquot in our hand luggage time to chill 😉

2 hours ago, polmcs said:

Anyone been able to use the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast as a brunch for embarkation day? I would prefer to have breakfast in Sabatini’s each morning as a suite perk, so wouldn’t use the UBB that came with the suite offer and as I’ve never been a fan of the embarkation lunch in the MDR, I figured brunch on the balcony with a half bottle of bubbles would be a welcome change. 🙂

I don't believe that any type of room service is available prior to sailaway. And since neither the UBB nor any room service was available to disembarking passengers (other than in full suites) earlier that morning it is extremely unlikely that those items will be readily prepared; those ordering it for breakfast during the cruise must put in their request by bedtime the night before.

Given how difficult it is to even get room service to answer their phone on embarkation day just to redeem the vouchers for pre-purchased beverages and sailaway "culinary delights" it is truly pie in the sky to believe the UBB can be obtained mid day on Day 1 without the usual advance notice.

I considered the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast for our upcoming cruise next month but from posts I read, decided against it. I've decided instead to run up to the buffet, bring down food, send my husband to get coffee since he has the drink package (and maybe make him stop at a bar to get a Bloody Mary), and we'll have our own set up for free. I will whole heartily recommend the Ultimate Balcony Dinner though. We really enjoyed that.

8 hours ago, coopco said:

I considered the Ultimate Balcony Breakfast for our upcoming cruise next month but from posts I read, decided against it. I've decided instead to run up to the buffet, bring down food, send my husband to get coffee since he has the drink package (and maybe make him stop at a bar to get a Bloody Mary), and we'll have our own set up for free. I will whole heartily recommend the Ultimate Balcony Dinner though. We really enjoyed that.

Maybe have room service bring some of it with the silverware, plates, etc. Then get the rest. We have done this many times.

On 4/25/2019 at 9:26 PM, polmcs said:

There is no room service on embarkation day.

They are busy with other duties on the turnaround.