Reporting from Azura - very poor, and much in need of that refit!

Harry Peterson

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Would never normally do this and post on holiday but  am currently sitting on a beautiful balcony, on a lovely ship, glass in hand in the sunshine is Norway.. The crew is amazing and we are full of praise for Azura. We were worried before  boarding but would not have swapped a thing. More when we get back. For anyone concerned ... don't be ... we would return in a heartbeat before or after her refit. Love her.

That’s reassuring.

My daughter and husband to be will be spending their honeymoon on-board Azura in a couple of months’ time and it will be their second cruise

They previously sailed with us on-board Aurora (northern lights) and enjoyed it so much that they booked Azura.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pete14 said:

With respect, I think Presto was referring to post 195 provided for us by the person who started the thread and not your own post 192

Yes, that was my understanding to.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

With respect, I think Presto was referring to post 195 provided for us by the person who started the thread and not your own post 192

Thanks.

After reading the post again I think he was referring to another post and just quoted me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P-L-B said:

That’s reassuring.

My daughter and husband to be will be spending their honeymoon on-board Azura in a couple of months’ time and it will be their second cruise

They previously sailed with us on-board Aurora (northern lights) and enjoyed it so much that they booked Azura.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

That will be fantastic and congratulations to the happy couple.

• Like 2

On 3/30/2019 at 5:06 PM, docco said:

On the strength of this cruise (the people looking after us in the suite are excellent, to be fair) and the Amsterdam fiasco we're now cancelling the three cruises we have booked, and that will be the last we see of P&O. 

Enough is enough, and it's now dropped to such a level that it's not worth travelling with if you want an unspoiled holiday.

Strongly suggest you give MSC Yacht Club a try, cheaper than P&O suite and everything is included. Preziosa sails out of Southampton if you prefer not to fly.  It is truely exceptional and everything and I mean everything is included in the price although gratuities are still discretionary.  We were blown away by the quality and service, have already booked 3 future YC cruises. Give it a try you won't regret , there's another world out there ...................

8 minutes ago, mickey89 said:

Strongly suggest you give MSC Yacht Club a try, cheaper than P&O suite and everything is included. Preziosa sails out of Southampton if you prefer not to fly.  It is truely exceptional and everything and I mean everything is included in the price although gratuities are still discretionary.  We were blown away by the quality and service, have already booked 3 future YC cruises. Give it a try you won't regret , there's another world out there ...................

Thanks. I'll take a look.

21 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Mine too now but at least he/she sounds like they are having a fantastic time on Azura,a ship we are sailing on next year.

Just left Bergen. Will be very sad to get off. Have been very impressed with the crew and Captain. Raining as we left .... thanks for clarifying my post above everyone. Ps Am a she 🙂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just left Bergen. Will be very sad to get off. Have been very impressed with the crew and Captain. Raining as we left .... thanks for clarifying my post above everyone. Ps Am a she 🙂

Thank you.

I was happy to read your positive post about Azura as we are on Azura just before her refit next year.

I hope the rest of your cruise is fantastic.

Best Regards Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

Another vote for the Yacht Club...love, love, love it

2 hours ago, mickey89 said:

I thought this was docco complaint thread rather than advertising another cruise line.

3 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

I thought this was docco complaint thread rather than advertising another cruise line.

How wrong you were then. Again. Thanks for the recommendations, guys. Had a look at the website and it looks to offer exactly what we're looking for. P&O used to but their constant cost cutting has removed all traces of the relative luxury they used to offer.

Love YC, best experience afloat.

Ideal for teens as they can enjoy the rest of the ship whilst you relax in the luxury of the YC.  The ‘cat is out of the bag’ unfortunately, it is getting difficult to book a YC cabin for 2019/2020 or even 2021.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jody75 said:

The ‘cat is out of the bag’ unfortunately, it is getting difficult to book a YC cabin for 2019/2020 or even 2021.

Indeed. I had a look earlier and was quite shocked at just how many YC cabins were already fully booked, even ones in, as you said, 2021!

On 4/24/2019 at 4:27 PM, Presto2 said:

We dont go cheap and have an expensive balcony. Have high expectations and they have met them ... how insulting to think that a positive review can only because someone has low expectations... words fail. Sailing out now on our lovely ship ....  Ps this moan to the OP no necessarily the one quoted.

Don't worry Presto. A lot of us on here respect your views. Much more than the over exaggerated moans of 'mr. miserable'.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise, I know you will because you are a positive person, as am I, so I will also have a great cruise. Life is what you make it.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, happy v said:

Don't worry Presto. A lot of us on here respect your views. Much more than the over exaggerated moans of 'mr. miserable'.

You mean the original poster? 

Probably the more you've paid the greater the expectations, but having paid for a full suite I'd have expected a shower that drained, constant hot water and TV channels which weren't out of action for most of the cruise.

Unreasonable?

That doesn't sound to me like a man (or woman) making exaggerated moans - that sounds to me like someone who's doubtless paid a lot of money, expected P&O to provide what should have been provided, and is understandably pretty miffed about it.

What is it with this forum that certain people refuse to believe or accept anything negative about P&O? They can't all be P&O employees, surely?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom Marton said:

You mean the original poster? 

Probably the more you've paid the greater the expectations, but having paid for a full suite I'd have expected a shower that drained, constant hot water and TV channels which weren't out of action for most of the cruise.

Unreasonable?

That doesn't sound to me like a man (or woman) making exaggerated moans - that sounds to me like someone who's doubtless paid a lot of money, expected P&O to provide what should have been provided, and is understandably pretty miffed about it.

What is it with this forum that certain people refuse to believe or accept anything negative about P&O? They can't all be P&O employees, surely?

If it was just the original post I would have the greatest of sympathy for him,but it’s the continuous moaning about p&o from the formal nights to the buffet to even include toilet paper,I made a previous comment about s lover scorned I stand by that.

46 minutes ago, Tom Marton said:

They are called Pando Lovers. They are the regular poster’s that have a very narrow view and only know P&O.  Thankfully their views are balanced by other that know and report the failings of this pitiful cruise line.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jody75 said:

They are called Pando Lovers. They are the regular poster’s that have a very narrow view and only know P&O.  Thankfully their views are balanced by other that know and report the failings of this pitiful cruise line.

No it’s called a balanced view for every negative there are positive views,unless you only prefer to read negative reviews   and hate the thought of people enjoying there holidays.

I unlike yourself cannot be accused of any form of bias because I have yet to cruise with p&o.

16 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

No it’s called a balanced view for every negative there are positive views,unless you only prefer to read negative reviews   and hate the thought of people enjoying there holidays.

I unlike yourself cannot be accused of any form of bias because I have yet to cruise with p&o.

And equally well, you're hardly in any position to comment one way or the other on the views expressed - because you have no direct experience of the company.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bazrat said:

If it was just the original post I would have the greatest of sympathy for him,but it’s the continuous moaning about p&o from the formal nights to the buffet to even include toilet paper,I made a previous comment about s lover scorned I stand by that.

You seem to have some difficulty with facts, Bazrat.

Don't know about the formal nights, but I raised the question of the toilet paper - as a joke!

Kind regards  -  Tom xxx

8 minutes ago, Tom Marton said:

You seem to have some difficulty with facts, Bazrat.

Don't know about the formal nights, but I raised the question of the toilet paper - as a joke!

Kind regards  -  Tom xxx

Alas my friend you misunderstood my post I know your the toilet roll poster but I was referring to the op of this thread,who I had every sympathy for his spoilt holiday but to continue on quite a few threads with the same complaint is a bit much.

24 minutes ago, jody75 said:

Thankfully their views are balanced by other that know and report the failings of this pitiful cruise line.

I think that's a bit harsh, I don't think I'd describe P&O as being 'pitiful'. But then my experience may be quite different to yours. I'm certainly not blind to P&O's shortfalls, there are many things and areas they could improve, but P&O is what it is, a budget Cruise line that offers value for money and a decent number of return sailings from Southampton, for people who don't want to fly. It's aimed predominantly at the British family and 55+ market.

I noticed earlier in the thread you voiced approval of MSC Yacht Club. If you've experienced that level of cruising luxury then I would imagine P&O would seem somewhat 'pitiful' to you, but let's be realistic? MSC Yacht Club Cabins would likely cost three to four times the price of P&O ones, so it's hardly a fair comparison?

• Like 1