new pricing

raye70

48 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

we leave Friday

Bon voyage Lyn.

Hope the ship is in shipshape 🙂

PS This reply also disappeared into the ether and I had to re-type it. The mystery continues.

9 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

Paul, whenever I write out a long post I highlight all the text and right-click copy.... just in case in disappears when I post it.

Thanks Kate. I do it sometimes but will do it more often now. 

Just now, Paulchili said:

Bon voyage Lyn.

Hope the ship is in shipshape 🙂

PS This reply also disappeared into the ether and I had to re-type it. The mystery continues.

Thanks Paul

That is odd  that your posts disappear   I hope you solve the problem soon

Lyn, local whether reports call for rain on Friday.  That should negatively affect the sailaway from NYC ...

Our first cruise departure from NYC was on the QE2 in early 2003.  It was a very cloudy day which made for not such a great sailaway.  We could still see the sights, it was just gloomy.  And freezing-ass cold.  (That's a direct quote from my diary.)  They had predicted rain, at least we didn't have that. 

I hope the rain predictions are wrong!  Supposedly it's going to be VERY NICE on the weekend ...

Mura

Just now, Mura said:

Lyn, local whether reports call for rain on Friday.  That should negatively affect the sailaway from NYC ...

Our first cruise departure from NYC was on the QE2 in early 2003.  It was a very cloudy day which made for not such a great sailaway.  We could still see the sights, it was just gloomy.  And freezing-ass cold.  (That's a direct quote from my diary.)  They had predicted rain, at least we didn't have that. 

I hope the rain predictions are wrong!  Supposedly it's going to be VERY NICE on the weekend ...

Mura

LOL

WE are used to  cold  this winter  but  rain is better than snow

we got  5" of the white stuff the other day  YUCK

LOL.  CBS News Monday night was predicting a Northeaster, but I didn't hear details and that doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree, rain is better than the white stuff!

Mura

On 4/2/2019 at 5:49 PM, raye70 said:

As anyone seen the new pricing which was supposed to happen on April 1st

I suspect this is just a marketing ploy to pressure undecided customers into purchasing a cruise. 

5 hours ago, Chris86 said:

Mine stayed the same. I do notice a lot more promotions this year. I think Oceania have hit their ceiling

Apparently not yet - Our cruise  is up $900/pp !!!! with all cabins available except F & G waitlisted.

Greetings from South Beach, Everyone. My husband and I booked the TA from Rome to Miami  2020 on Riviera while on her for a March 6-16 Caribbean cruise. Our favorite PH was unavailable. The one we chose is also in a great location, but is not  our favorite. We had a great time on the ship. We took it because the date matched our wish to celebrate on her, and we were not disappointed. We are especially fond of Riviera. The art is extraordinary and it is so beautiful. There is so much competition in the cruise industry just now. It will take time to see how it all shakes out. That space is wait listed already on our 2020 TA speaks to Oeania's loyal following so far. By the way, our special occasion was on the same night as the Dom Perignon dinner that we attended. It was gastronomic theater and we loved it. I hope they have one on the 2020 TA. We will be there!

Mary

On 4/3/2019 at 12:59 PM, bbtondo said:

The economy air upgrade went from $149 pp each way to $199 pp each way.  The cruise fare remained the same.

Please explain.  The standard economy flight is included and not an upgrade.  Perhaps you are talking about the Premium Economy upgrade??

Thanks,

Was anyone expecting a “ one size fits all “ across the board percentage increase regardless of how easy or difficult a cruise may be to sell? Lots of factors and wags go into those pricing decisions! One size fits all is for poorly run government programs!

• Like 1