Elderly women gets revenge on a chair hog

sandycruzr

7 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

There is a very good reason why people leave their shoes by the hot tub or pool. Many cruise ship decks get very hot when they are in full sun and some people have to walk quite a distance from their sun lounger to the pool or hot tub, risking burnt soles if their feet are soft and they don't wear shoes. Of course, they should be considerate and leave their shoes to one side of the pool/tub entrance.

Yes but so many people obstruct the stairway and don’t think about others  also if you do have issues, great to wear water shoes   Sold in gift shops and on-line   They are cheap and we the discard them after each sailing  Especially good at the beach 

Edited by Cruise a holic

I wear water shoes year round at my gym. Water shoes protect your feet from many things.  I always bring a pair. Great to use in public pools and hotel showers.  Many are sturdy and can also be used as a casual shoe. Buy them in the spring and summer.  Wearing any rubber soled footwear is excellent on a cruise. It helps you to avoid slipping on weat or moving decks. 

On 4/4/2019 at 6:31 PM, sandycruzr said:

😂 There is a lot of talk about how to deal with chair hogs on these cc boards and it reminded me of a funny story. 

I woke up early on a sea day and found a prime seat by the pool.  I was sitting in the chair for about three hours when an elderly lady asked me if anyone was sitting in the chair beside me. I told her that the towels and books were on the chair when I sat down 3 hours ago but no one actually sat in them all morning.  She carefully took the items to the towel

guy for

the lost and found.  The lovely lady sat down and ordered a nice cold drink.  She told me she had 27 grandchildren and 6 great grandkids. She appeared to be a very sweet woman.  About an hour later she told me she was quickly running to the rest room and asked me to watch her belongings.  Of course I said I would. 

Suddenly this young woman plopped herself down on the lounge chair and threw the woman’s belongings on the wet pool deck.  I was shocked. I told her someone is sitting there and she will return momentarily.  The young woman yelled “This is my f$&$$$$g chair!”  I explained to her that the chair was unoccupied for at least 5 hours and told her that saving chairs is not allowed.  A minute later the lovely elderly woman returned and told the girl to leave.  She refused. Security was summoned and they told the young woman to leave. She eventually left after swearing at all of us. 

I thought that was the end of the drama, but oh no!

I noticed the elderly woman throwing a pair of shoes in the garbage and thought it was a little strange. Well, an hour after the big verbal assault, the young woman reappeared apparently searching frantically for something 🙂.  The young woman asked me and the elderly woman if we had seen her “VERY EXPENSIVE  Louboutin shoes?” Without missing a beat the elderly woman said “Oh the red bottom shoes?”  Yes the young woman replied   “Haven’t seen ‘em!” said the elderly woman. 

After the young woman stormed off, the elderly woman looked at me, winked and

said “That will fix her!”

While I don’t condone throwing people’s belongings in the garbage, it was so funny for so many reasons. That Grandma was one feisty woman and I had lots of laughs with her throughout the cruise. 

I’ve seen PAXs being knocked out for less.   Even if your an old lady.   You could be punched out by an angry PAX.   Be warned.  Plenty of those kind of angry and unstable people on cruises.   I’ve seen that.  Best to MYOB.

Edited by Kingofcool1947
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

I’ve seen PAXs being knocked out for less.   Even if your an old lady.   You could be punched out by an angry PAX.   Be warned.  Plenty of those kind of angry and unstable people on cruises.   I’ve seen that.  Best to MYOB.

I don't cruise for confrontations, ( and I can be a real bit*h if the right button is pushed) - best to walk away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2019 at 4:09 AM, OzKiwiJJ said:

There is a very good reason why people leave their shoes by the hot tub or pool. Many cruise ship decks get very hot when they are in full sun and some people have to walk quite a distance from their sun lounger to the pool or hot tub, risking burnt soles if their feet are soft and they don't wear shoes. Of course, they should be considerate and leave their shoes to one side of the pool/tub entrance.

You must have had a premonition 🔮

Edited by villauk