coco cay food

Yes, and most of it is free.  RCCL will provide a large  buffet with hot and cold choices - think burgers, chicken, ribs etc.  If you have a drink package, bar drinks are also included.  If you don't have a dink package, you use your sea pass to buy a drink.  There are also  ( Not sure when they open) some food places that will charge a fee.  Again - use your sea pass card.

M

11 minutes ago, irish2005 said:

is there food on coco cay and how do you pay for it

most of the venues are free.   The one that is not will be charged to your seapass... Everything on CoCo Cay is just as if you were on the ship, with the exception of buying items from locals at the straw market.   That's the only place that you will need to "pay" for something.

All of the food is basically the same as what the ship has.  Used to come FROM the ship...might be actually cooked on land, once they get all the "renovations" done, but it's the same stuff.

The BBQ is included in your day, whether you're in a cabana, or not....the cabanas may have some added items, like steak or shrimp.  Otherwise, it's BBQ chicken, ribs, burgers, dogs, and all the sides, ....potato salad, coleslaw, baked beans, fruit, green salads,  chips, cookies, etc....stuff like that. Basic BBQ fare.

Not sure how accurate most of the info here is, though it used to be that way for sure.  With all of the changes to create Perfect Day at Coco Cay, it sounds like the venues may all be changing, and hard to say how many will be included at no additional charge. 

2 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

Not sure how accurate most of the info here is, though it used to be that way for sure.  With all of the changes to create Perfect Day at Coco Cay, it sounds like the venues may all be changing, and hard to say how many will be included at no additional charge. 

The majority will remain to be included.  When an Oasis class ships docks they have no plans to try to make 5,500 pay for their meal.  Just like on the ship there will be option for specialty dining but those are only for the folks that want to pay for something special.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, twangster said:

The majority will remain to be included.  When an Oasis class ships docks they have no plans to try to make 5,500 pay for their meal.  Just like on the ship there will be option for specialty dining but those are only for the folks that want to pay for something special.

Yeah, I knew that most were to remain as included, but not sure if all were.  I saw a travel agent flyer elsewhere, which I believe mentioned what was to be an additional cost.  I believe even use of the new pool area is additional, as is most of the water park features, with only the galleon water feature, and beach still included. 

1 minute ago, A2Mich said:

Yeah, I knew that most were to remain as included, but not sure if all were.  I saw a travel agent flyer elsewhere, which I believe mentioned what was to be an additional cost.  I believe even use of the new pool area is additional, as is most of the water park features, with only the galleon water feature, and beach still included. 

New Oasis Lagoon is free.  It's been open for a few week now.  New eating areas are free, also open now.  The wave pool will require a fee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, twangster said:

New Oasis Lagoon is free.  It's been open for a few week now.  New eating areas are free, also open now.  The wave pool will require a fee.

Good to know.  Thanks for the update.  Can’t wait to see the changes next year. 

35 minutes ago, twangster said:

From this post Perfect Day Costs:

cococay-complimentary.jpg.8a3b40abf6662d778cf0de1b5fcdf836.jpg

cococay-charge.jpg.00176207e221bccdfd20d3340f2d5fc8.jpg

Thank you.  That’s exactly what I had been looking at before.  I bookmarked it now so that I have it.  Thanks again for sharing!

looks like Captain Jack’s and Coco Beach Club restaurant are the only additional charge dining options.

Edited by A2Mich

image.png.f40ece74faa3ccd0e7848e13252c4626.png

I find this to be quite amusing.  Largest wave pool in the Caribbean.  Highest vantage point in the Caribbean.  Largest freshwater swimming pool in the Caribbean.  First overwater cabanas in the Bahamas.  Somebody there needs some serious geography lessons. :classic_biggrin:

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

image.png.f40ece74faa3ccd0e7848e13252c4626.png

I find this to be quite amusing.  Largest wave pool in the Caribbean.  Highest vantage point in the Caribbean.  Largest freshwater swimming pool in the Caribbean.  First overwater cabanas in the Bahamas.  Somebody there needs some serious geography lessons. :classic_biggrin:

The only part that they actually got right was “Bahamas.” 😂

• Like 2

4 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Considering the Bahamas is no longer stating "It's Better in the Bahamas" but is now claiming " We're not as bad as Mexico" it's no wonder there is confusion.   

Edited by twangster
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, twangster said:

Considering the Bahamas is no longer stating "It's Better in the Bahamas" but is now claiming " We're not as bad as Mexico" it's no wonder there is confusion.   

Hadn’t heard that, but it is funny!

• Like 1

Our Mariner itinerary was the second or third to use the dock a few weeks ago. With regard to the food, I’d read the reviews and was expecting little selection of food and that it would come from the ship. It was quite a surprise to see that there’s a kitchen and several buffet lines. They had salads, barbecued meats, sides, desserts, and even a soft serve machine. The restaurant staff from the ship was running it. 

We we weren’t expecting much, so we had a big, late breakfast in the Windjammer that day. We had some fruit, cookies, and soft serve . It was a nice surprise. 

Oh, the food lines closed down around 3:00. Our visit to Coco Cay had been cancelled, then uncancelled, however. I’d expect it to close closer to 1:00 normally. 

• Like 1