When was the last time the Crown Grill menu was updated?

canadarocks

2 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

For sure!

You know something it is pretty bad when they bring the sampler with all of them and none of them standout.  🙄

Especially for me with a major sweet tooth.  😍

this is good to know, cause I was curious 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, azgrandmax3 said:

I feel it is time for more choices with vegetables and desserts offerings.  Especially something lighter for dessert.   Last couple dining's at the Grill we skipped the dessert and headed for the buffet and found  light dessert offerings. 

On one of our visits to the Crown Grill on the Emerald Princess, last year, I told the waiter that I did not care for dessert that evening.  He asked if I would like a fruit plate.  I agreed, and, I have to say, it was great.

14 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I am sure many like them but they have been around way too long IMO.

The worst for me is the lemon one.

That is so funny.  The "lemon one" is my "go to" CG dessert.

• Haha 2

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:48 PM, voljeep said:

which you obviously know going into the Crown Grill .... which grade to they advertise? and what do they deliver ?

and Ruth Chris is better than Golden Corral also ...

Is CG in the Outback category ???

We have had better steak at Outback!  

Hank

• Like 1

I just got off a 7 day Grand Princess cruise.  We enjoy the Crown Grill ... but I did make a couple of suggestion on my electronic critique.  My husband likes steak but too chewy for his teeth, he prefer fish but can't eat shell fish or seafood, jewish keeps kosker.  So I guess Crown add at least one other fish item besides the Sea Bass which we love.   I could eat at the Crown Grill every night if they if they had one more fish item.  I like the lamb chop, veal chop, pork chop and sea bass.  Steaks less so... we are going on the Coral, menu for their steak house does no appeal to me at all, so will will skip it.   So think Crown Grill is doing a lot right with just minor adjustments it would be outstanding for us.

I would also like to see the Crown Grill pub lunch allow take out or orders be sent to the cabin, like the fish and chips but will not eat it at the Crown Grill too crowded, want a more peaceful place to enjoy lunch.  

Put these suggestions on my recent electronic critique. 

We were on the Royal to SA in February and ate at the CG twice.  I had the ribeye both times and it was excellent.  It was way above the Outback and even Ruth Chris.  MDR was not the best so we went to CG and were not disappointed at all.  Service was superb and we had plenty of time to go and see the shows afterward.  The staff on Royal was the best on any ship we have sailed so far.  Only problems we encountered were poor food in buffet and disappointment on food choices/quality in MDR.  

Guest arowe6

Currently on the Regal...

No new desserts. But.... they are testing a new entree. He called it Lobster Thermador. Whole lobster that is baked and stuffed with a seafood mixture. 

We we didn’t get it, but most likely will later this week. 

Andrew 

12 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

No.   But we have not been in the Crown Grill in recent days either :).

We used to enjoy Outback. The salad was always fresh and the steaks were very good, especially for the price. 

We’ve seen a big change over the last six months, enough to make us think about Longhorn for an ordinary meal 

Our Outback’s salads are half their former size and the filets, sirloins, and ribeyes don’t have much flavor. Of course, we ask them not to douse them with seasoning which masks any steak flavor at all. 

That said, our last few times at Crown Grill and Chops  have been disappointing. 

If we could afford Capital Grille more often, that would be my choice!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jagsfan said:

We used to enjoy Outback. The salad was always fresh and the steaks were very good, especially for the price. 

We’ve seen a big change over the last six months, enough to make us think about Longhorn for an ordinary meal 

Our Outback’s salads are half their former size and the filets, sirloins, and ribeyes don’t have much flavor. Of course, we ask them not to douse them with seasoning which masks any steak flavor at all. 

That said, our last few times at Crown Grill and Chops  have been disappointing. 

If we could afford Capital Grille more often, that would be my choice!

Oh My!  Makes me wonder if Princess or Celebrity Cruises has secretly taken over Outback and imposing "cut backs."

Hank