Bring your own wine cork fee

Is this something new?  I could have sworn my last Royal Cruise (Oasis, a few years ago) - they had done away with the corkage fee.  Did they bring it back?
It is hit or miss in my experience. Some times you luck out.

I bring my own corkscrew and a cute little wine hat to keep the wine left in the opened bottle happy.  Since Jim drinks JD and I'm the only one drinking wine, I usually just carry whatever's left in my glass from HH to dinner.   I also like to bring a glass of wine to the MDR to enjoy with lunch on sea days!  😍🍷

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I bring my own corkscrew and a cute little wine hat to keep the wine left in the opened bottle happy.  Since Jim drinks JD and I'm the only one drinking wine, I usually just carry whatever's left in my glass from HH to dinner.   I also like to bring a glass of wine to the MDR to enjoy with lunch on sea days!  😍🍷

Left over wine...is there such a thing? 😉 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Left over wine...is there such a thing? 😉 😄 

Yes, there is with just me drinking it and HH every night!!  If you're ever on another cruise with us, feel free to stop by and join me!  😀😀

• Like 1

22 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Yes, there is with just me drinking it and HH every night!!  If you're ever on another cruise with us, feel free to stop by and join me!  😀😀

Yes indeedy...will do!  See my list of upcoming cruises on my signature.  Do we match up? 🙂 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, John&LaLa said:

Apparently Serenade is imposing the fee in Chops this week. 

@Colorado Babe

Hey John - not just this week!!

We just did a B2B2B on the Serenade in February/March and they charged us $15 corkage to open the wine we brought on board in Chops.  However they did not charge us any corkage in Giovanni's to open the bottle of complimentary Diamond Plus wine that was delivered to our room.  We were not charged anything in the dining room for our wine.

I guess you could get around this by bringing on board wines that are on the D+ list......haha.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes indeedy...will do!  See my list of upcoming cruises on my signature.  Do we match up? 🙂 

Nope!  We are on the Adventure in Oct & Dec, Mariner twice in Jan, but not your date, and then LOTS of Serenade and Explorer.  We do want to book a couple more Mariner cruises between now and next Feb though!.

On 4/10/2019 at 5:03 PM, bajathree said:

It's amazing how 2 "good" glasses can hold almost a full bottle of wine;) Just bring full glasses of wine with you to dinner from your cabin....problem solved 🙂

Usually go to Late MDR or Specialty with a glass of HH wine!  Maybe I just need a bigger wine glass to take to lunch!  😍🍷

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Nope!  We are on the Adventure in Oct & Dec, Mariner twice in Jan, but not your date, and then LOTS of Serenade and Explorer.  We do want to book a couple more Mariner cruises between now and next Feb though!.

We sail Adventure early December 

We've only been on RC once, last month, we were not charged corkage 5 nights in a row and they even provided a bucket of ice.  I did open the bottle in the room before going down. How did we have 5 bottles -- traveling with family and had some others carry it in for me.  Large group so I ended up buying a few bottles at dinner too but it was nice bringing some special selections from home.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Oh well, maybe someday!  Hope to "sea" you then!  Drinks in the DL/CL on us!  😄 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Usually go to Late MDR or Specialty with a glass of HH wine!  Maybe I just need a bigger wine glass to take to lunch!  😍🍷

I found the bartenders in the DL/CL/SL will ask if we are going to dinner,  and "would we want our wine glasses topped off"?  🙂  🍷

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

I like your style lady!😀

Thanks!  I do love my wine!  🍷  Spent 12 years in the business, but still love it ...and in fact going to a big wine tasting event tonight in Sandestin (Florida Panhandle) where we are spending a couple of months on the beautiful beaches here in the "land yacht". 

• 2 weeks later...