Coral Full Suite from Hell

Ronnieslady

The Coral is our favorite ship , even though we had a suite from hell.  It was D703 on the Starboard side. It’s a Vista Suite.  Not knowing what was across the hallway, due to it not being marked.  Thought it was for the crew.  It was for the crew alright.  Just not what I expected. 

I especially wanted to warn everyone about the location of this suite.  I should have taken the advice from many of you , that say to make sure above, below & next door are cabins.  Now I know to add also 

directly across the hall . I did post a review here on CC under cabin reviews that appears @ the beginning of all these posts. I am posting here what I said :

Directly across the hall is where staff brings all room service used dishes, glassware , trays & silverware 24 hours a day everyday to be washed “

Comments.  D703 should never have been a Full suite because of this location. Very noisy with clanking dishes, glassware ,trays & silverware they put on a very large & high carts , that is used half in & half out of the hall directly across from D703, all day & night.  If they would have been completely in the dishwashing room, might not have been such a noise problem, but 90% of the time they were in the hall with the huge cart dumping the dirty dishes.  It was a little like being at a crummy table @ a restaurant , that is right next to where all the dishes are clanking right where all the dishes are being washed. We would probably all ask for a different table.  But that doesn’t work on a cruise ship.  They never have another suite to move to.  So of course we make the best of it.  

Never ever have we had a noise problem on any Full Suite in all our 37 cruises with Princess.   Just wanted to warn others , so none of you would end up with many sleepless nights or day naps.

We love the Coral ,  it’s our favorite ship, just not this cabin .  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Holy Cow! I would send my concerns to: customerrelations@princesscruises.com

I have never failed to get a reply from that address. Usually a phone call. Be polite but be firm and fully detail your issue and concerns. DO NOT let this go unaddressed. Send your issue to the above address. PLEASE do this. Not only for yourself but for anybody else who has had this issue in the past without complaining and especially for all of those who will book this cabin in the future without having a clue about the issues they will face.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cruiserdru said:

We spent 7 days in D701 on the Coral last September and experienced no noise problems. It must be just at the right point to block the noise.

You are right the people right next to us in D701 were fine .😀

10 hours ago, Pixiedust28 said:

Yikes! We are staying in D702 on the Coral this June. Hopefully there isn't the same issue on the port side! Thanks for the heads up!

You will be fine on the port side.  I did a little investigating & checked it out. The reason being we plan to go on the Coral again.  That side is perfect.  No worries 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, happy cruzer said:

Did you report the noise while you were  onboard?  Maybe they could have been told to be quiet during certain hours, something to help the situation.  Thanks for the report.

Yes we did & it did help. It was better than nothing.  I have to say I thought the customer service was excellent on the Coral. They followed up with many phone calls within one day of any issues that did come up.  Usually on other ships the follow up was 3-4 days.

Very Interesting!!    I can't recall which Princess ship, but once we were offered an inexpensive upsell to a suite in that location, but we going to be cruising with friends & all of us had cabins close by, which were between forward & middle elevators.  I didn't want to be at the other end of the ship from them, so I refused it.  

I'm always leery of those blank spaces on a deck plan--one never knows what goes on in them.  Unfortunately, you found out the hard way, but at least they tried to quiet things down when you complained.  Looks like there could be a similar problem in the same area on Caribe deck on the Coral.  I also check what is above and below the cabin I want before booking.

Edited by BarbinMich

We had full suite C-702 on the Island and never heard a peep if anyone is looking for a quiet location.

I know the kind of noise Ronnieslady is talking about though.  We experienced it on another ship (think it was the Crown around C-631) and we were right across from a blank space on the deck plan.  I knew it was a crew area, but it was obviously a dishwashing area too.  Every morning around 4-5am, carts of glass would cruise by and clash real loud over the slightest bump in the carpet and even louder at the thresholds.  Really annoying.  Took me about 5 days to get used to it.  🤨 

Edited by DrivesLikeMario

On 4/13/2019 at 1:07 PM, BarbinMich said:

I'm always leery of those blank spaces on a deck plan--one never knows what goes on in them.  Unfortunately, you found out the hard way, but at least they tried to quiet things down when you complained.  Looks like there could be a similar problem in the same area on Caribe deck on the Coral.  I also check what is above and below the cabin I want before booking.

Which Cabins on the Caribe deck are you concerned about? We are in C504 and C414. Thanks, Bobbi