Live! Grandeur 4.18- 4.25.19 - Same Old Ship, Different Day

I guess I slept okay last night. This is actually longer than usual.

452f666d806c27c5f9f29efb1374ccf0.jpg

The Best Western free breakfast is about normal for a chain hotel.

86380c4b8c2925c45a1be24076af08a1.jpg

WiFi at the hotel did not work the entire stay. I hope they weren’t getting us ready for our ship WiFi experience. [emoji16]

The hotel does have charging stations for Tesla and EVgo if that is of interest to you.

Past Reviews post 184

Oh goody, another live Grandeur thread!  I was wondering how I was going to pass the time till our cruise next month now that DragonOfTheSeas is home.

I would also like to know about the weather and temperature around the ship, as well as what you do in Bermuda.  This will be our first trip to Bermuda too.

We set out on our 5 hour drive this morning.  It was gray and gloomy as we drove through Pittsburgh, but maybe part of that was from the thumping our Pens just got from the Isles in the first round.  

Us Isles fans are just as shocked as you are how the series turned out. And I had tickets for game 5 in NY!

Looking forward to this live thread Skibum. Have a blast!
  • Like 1

Us Isles fans are just as shocked as you are how the series turned out. And I had tickets for game 5 in NY!

The Isles deserved the series. If they play like that the rest of the way, they will hoist the cup this year.

Past Reviews post 184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do we found out that KD Elite provides the shuttle to the port and back. Maybe that explains the cryptic text messages Susan was getting all week, wanting to know if she still needed a pickup at BWI.

Since we were driving, and not flying, she just ignored them.

No problems, we still got on at the hotel. They run 14 passenger Mercedes Sprinters, and ours was full.

430540b047912bcef750227e850ffdf9.jpg

It looks like they run different times back from the ship.

50fa354a4c898deaed388d5c196382f4.jpg

Past Reviews post 184

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Do we found out that KD Elite provides the shuttle to the port and back. Maybe that explains the cryptic text messages Susan was getting all week, wanting to know if she still needed a pickup at BWI.

No problems, we still got on at the hotel. They run 14 passenger Mercedes Sprinters, and ours was full.

Past Reviews post 184

We are staying at the Best Western as well.  Thank you for this information!  It is always nice to know in advance what to expect.

Love the truck( Go Steelers) - My heart is always in Pittsburgh where I grew up and moved here to Cape May after College!  We haven't sailed out of Baltimore - yet!  Love the 7 day Bermuda trips - have done that 8 times! Enjoy and look forward to reading each day!

22 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Past Reviews post 184

so did the hotel price $137 include parking and shuttle both ways? 

17 hours ago, h20skibum said:

I thought about doing a live from the Grandeur, because I had not seen one from one of the small, older ships for quite a while.  Then, @DragonOfTheSeasdid a “Live” for the 21 day B2B just before this one.  

So, just consider this as a continuation, of sorts, but this time the ship is headed to Bermuda.  

It has been 9 years since we sailed Grandeur, so we will see what shape she is in.  So sit back, and follow along for the next 7 days, as we are Bermuda bound. 

A photo from our last sailing on Grandeur.  Any guesses where she was?

517CF1CE-71E5-42DE-A3AE-2D829435D757.jpeg

Such a beauty!!

I love Live threads, especially Grandeur threads.  I've done two live threads on her. 

Like someone else said, its to tide me over till my next cruise, but fortunately, my next cruise is only 2 weeks away!!!!!  Unfortunately, I'm *cheating* on Royal Caribbean by going on Princess, but I will still do a live thread from Ruby Princess and drop the link here, as i will be comparing it to Royal Caribbean.

1 hour ago, Yorkvillain said:

Congrats to the Isles.  Hope my Caps make it through the Canes and get a shot at Trotz and the boys.

Skibum, looking forward to the review, will be on Grandeur in June.

• Like 1

Windjammer and Park Cafe were open for lunch, so we opted for WJ.

Not a huge selection like some of the bigger ships, but we found something.

ff563188aaa86b3442954fc993148491.jpg

If you purchased the “Key”, they did have a boarding day lunch from 11:30 to 1:30 at Chops.

Speaking of the Key, I am not sure why they have it for this ship. They did offer it for sale in the cruise planner for $19.99 each

d8281feb02843d55484d28071a987e77.jpg

Not much other than the lunch and surf and stream package is available on Grandeur. I guess they don’t edit what is available by ship. I can confirm, there is no flow rider.

5c91fbbafe545b807701b3f9271a2422.jpg

Past Reviews post 184

A good lineup for muster drill. It looks like a much younger group on this week. Lots of kids for this sailing

3936adfd5c40f76dcfb529bd2b58b189.jpg

Maybe not so many kids in that picture, but they are in the outdoor pool. It is about 75 right now.

185d7992a8b99bd9cf632dfad3a8e27a.jpg

I think they must have been looking for anyone who skipped muster

d0ec3a65b4e37717c20f1bb098645bdf.jpg

Past Reviews post 184

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We're at a hotel on Russell St, on the other side of the water.  About the same price, $143, same offerings. I'm wondering if we should move to the side where you are, as there will be a lot of traffic getting to the port.  But...we're also not planning on leaving the hotel until after rush hour. Hmmm...

Edited by CruisinCons

We're at a hotel on Russell St, on the other side of the water.  About the same price, $143, same offerings. I'm wondering if we should move to the side where you are, as there will be a lot of traffic getting to the port.  But...we're also not planning on leaving the hotel until after rush hour. Hmmm...

Actually, where we were was on the opposite side from where the ship docked

Past Reviews post 184