Room service

kycruisr

I've never done room service

but I do go to Lido at around 0615 hrs. for Wife's juice and a Croissant or Danish

-to be taken back to the cabin.

Any resultant cutlery or crockery gets a rinse in the sink

and is packed neatly in the Bathroom, until the Cabin steward clears things generally

It doesn't go outside in the hallway.

The one thing I don't like about room service

is the hallway wreckage that sits there for far too long, looking tacky.

Wreckage-350.jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

but I do go to Lido at around 0615 hrs. for Wife's juice and a Croissant or Danish

and is packed neatly in the Bathroom, until the Cabin steward clears things generally

Well, at least they did a pretty good job of cleaning their plates. Prior to the charge, it wasn't uncommon to see trays still piled with half-eaten food sitting in the passageway.

30 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

Wreckage-350.jpg

I appreciate the issue, I also hate seeing all of the dirty dishes piled in the hallway.  I will say, however, that is not your room steward's job to clean away your dishes.  The responsibility belongs to room service.  Just like in every hotel (and confirmed by JH, FWIW), room service trays and dishes should be placed in the hallway.  It is unfortunate that on most ships they aren't as diligent as they should be about clearing those away.

• Like 1

On the hallway "wreckage" of room service:

If you truly have nowhere to keep the empty tray, etc. simply call room service and let them know there is something to be picked up. If you are going to be in the room they will knock. If you are going out, they may ask you to leave in the hall. Either way the PHONE CALL letting them know it needs to be done IS KEY.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

If you truly have nowhere to keep the empty tray, etc. simply call room service and let them know there is something to be picked up. If you are going to be in the room they will knock. If you are going out, they may ask you to leave in the hall. Either way the PHONE CALL letting them know it needs to be done IS KEY.

Eh. I mean I agree that calling is effective, but it shouldn't be required. Nice hotels generally manage this pretty well; there's no reason cruiseships can't do the same. No reason, except of course, that they choose not to devote enough staff to get it done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

We've called the food and beverage room service  phone number just as you say and have been told to place the tray in the hallway. Since then and having read here that JH says to place them in the hallway we do. I will say we cover the tray with one of the cloth napkins to preserve the "modesty" of the used dishes as a courtesy to others.

OP, most items until 10pm are still free of charge, for now. Fingers crossed.

Edited by sanmarcosman
  • Like 1

I've only ordered room service once in all my years of cruising for coffee and toast in the morning. I see on the menu that chips come with sandwiches. Can you order just chips? If so, do the come in a bag?  I know this sounds a little silly, but my snack of choice is plain potato chips and I've never been able to get them on a ship. Or, I can just buys some before I board the ship. ☺️

22 minutes ago, RumpunchGirl said:

I've only ordered room service once in all my years of cruising for coffee and toast in the morning. I see on the menu that chips come with sandwiches. Can you order just chips? If so, do the come in a bag?  I know this sounds a little silly, but my snack of choice is plain potato chips and I've never been able to get them on a ship. Or, I can just buys some before I board the ship. ☺️

The chips I've gotten with RS sandwiches have just been like a handful of plain Lay's-like chips placed on the plate. You can bring chips with you, I brought a bag with us last year with no problem. (leftover snacks from the drive down, didn't want to leave them in a hot car all week)   

31 minutes ago, coevan said:

don't they sell chips in the fun shops?

Pricey small cans of Pringles.

Yes, we have ordered chips as a side and they arrive on a plate with a plate cover over it. Sometimes the chips are fresh and crisp and other times a little stale. I've never seen them arrive in a sealed bag. We like the room service menu and we always order sandwiches delivered with extra chips on the side. It's one of those things that makes Carnival fun for us.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Has anyone been on a ship recently that had breakfast sandwiches for a $3 charge added to the breakfast order form? I saw a picture of the new form on a site that we can't mention here.  I believe there were 4 different kinds of typical breakfast sandwiches.  The normal breakfast items were the same and were free. 

On 4/19/2019 at 12:32 PM, Aplmac said:

Wreckage-350.jpg

We bring late night snacks .my wife has to have oatmeal raisin cookies every night if available and if they are soft.we carry our plate/bowl and or cups back up to lido in the morning when we go up for breakfast.i hate to see those trays in the hall also.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RoperDK said:

Has anyone been on a ship recently that had breakfast sandwiches for a $3 charge added to the breakfast order form? I saw a picture of the new form on a site that we can't mention here.  I believe there were 4 different kinds of typical breakfast sandwiches.  The normal breakfast items were the same and were free. 

I have never seen any eggs on the room service menu and I love eggs. 

15 minutes ago, coevan said:

I have never seen any eggs on the room service menu and I love eggs. 

I hope they add egg items and bacon and sausage.  I know there will be a charge, but as long as they offer the usual free items, I am okay with that. 

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We've not seen a breakfast sandwich on Carnival's menu. Princess has a hot breakfast sandwich on their menu, the McPrincess. Could you be thinking of them?

Edited by sanmarcosman