Edge - onboard now - April 21 cruise

Welland

10 minutes ago, hcat said:

Isnt Damian the EDGE CD..?  He came on in January..just before our cruise

He is, Arno’s spreadsheet is out of date for Edge.  An updated list can be found at post 46 here:

Edited by Oville

37 minutes ago, Oville said:

He is, Arno’s spreadsheet is out of date for Edge.  An updated list can be found at post 46 here:

Thanks for those directing me to other posts for information.   Jenn was kind enough to report back while she was on the ship.   However there has been some changeover apparently....for instance the Captain who was on board signed off yesterday.

So I am asking anyone who is presently on board if you could kindly provide the "In the Spotlight" information of Senior Officers.  

As always thanks in advance for providing this info.

• Like 1

We were on the Edge last week and it was Captain Dimitri's last week. He did not mention the next Captain by name but indicated that it was the same Captain that brought the Edge out when it began sailing.

BTW, Captain Dimitri will be the sail-out Captain for the Apex.

mac_tlc

27 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

We were on the Edge last week and it was Captain Dimitri's last week. He did not mention the next Captain by name but indicated that it was the same Captain that brought the Edge out when it began sailing.

Captain is now Costas Nestoroudis; he did indeed bring Edge out.  Before that lengthy special assignment, he was one of the Masters aboard Equinox.

7 hours ago, Welland said:

So I am asking anyone who is presently on board if you could kindly provide the "In the Spotlight" information of Senior Officers.

When I was aboard Edge last month, they had stopped publishing “In The Spotlight” bios via paper and instead posted them via the TV.

If starting Edge’s Transatlantic on Sunday, see you aboard!

1 minute ago, Xport said:

When I was aboard Edge last month, they had stopped publishing “In The Spotlight” bios via paper and instead posted them via the TV.

If starting Edge’s Transatlantic on Sunday, see you aboard!

In Jen's review she was able to  post screen shots of the bios...can be done but labor intensive!  We missed tbe printed version on EDGE

14 hours ago, Xport said:

Captain is now Costas Nestoroudis; he did indeed bring Edge out.  Before that lengthy special assignment, he was one of the Masters aboard Equinox.

Confirming that this is correct.  We’re on the Edge this week.  

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

Captain Costas was the Captain on our 4 Edge cruises:

I believe that Captain Kate will be onboard in August and take over in September?

I last sailed with Captain Costas aboard Equinox--it was a thirty night B2B in Europe--during September/October 2016...  At the time, he had just been appointed as "take out" Captain on Edge and was bursting with excitement [I had dinner with him twice] relative to his new--and very different--assignment....

He is extremely capable...  Quite social/visible...  And just the nicest guy...

Edited by Xport
  • Like 1

Yes, a nice guy. He answered all our questions with a smile and was generous with our taking selfies at the bridge tours I was on.  Looking at this close up, it looks like the Edge gave him a few white hairs (compared to the picture above). 😉

image.png.136b03f61fdc29d2322728ecc90d13bc.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Keep her safe for those going across the Atlantic on Sunday...but by all means, have a wonderful journey!

Absolutely!   Cannot wait to get on board!

Joe