D+ buy one get one speciality restaurant benefit

I’ve booked the three speciality restaurant package but wondered, as both my wife and I are D+, if it might be better waiting on the bogo benefit. Does anyone know what’s on offer with the bogo please? Do both my wife and I have the benefit so in theory we could have four meals for the price of two? 

7 minutes ago, scottraveller said:

...  Do both my wife and I have the benefit so in theory we could have four meals for the price of two? 

Correct, and the rule is that those meals must be on day 1 or day 2.

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

I’ve booked the three speciality restaurant package but wondered, as both my wife and I are D+, if it might be better waiting on the bogo benefit. Does anyone know what’s on offer with the bogo please? Do both my wife and I have the benefit so in theory we could have four meals for the price of two? 

If you want to use both D+ coupons, you need to use them on day 1 & 2 only.

1 hour ago, scottraveller said:

On a 5 night cruise on Independence last May I pre- booked FNDR plus i also booked the last night with 30% discount.

Night 2 on board I booked Giovanni's with 30% discount and used our D+ BOGO for night's 3 and 4 in Giovanni's where we only paid for 1 meal each night.

Graham.

IMG_20180529_214841.jpg

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

On a 5 night cruise on Independence last May I pre- booked FNDR plus i also booked the last night with 30% discount.

Night 2 on board I booked Giovanni's with 30% discount and used our D+ BOGO for night's 3 and 4 in Giovanni's where we only paid for 1 meal each night.

Graham.

IMG_20180529_214841.jpg

What a pretty picture!

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, scottraveller said:

For one of our upcoming cruises we are planning on using my D+ BOGO for lunch day 1, DHs D+ BOGO for dinner day 2, and then we have bought the 3 meal deal for subsequent dinners during the rest of the cruise. 

I appreciate using D+ BOGO at a lunch isn’t getting the most bang for your buck, but it is cheaper then turning up and hoping they may have a day 1 sale on! 

8 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

If I want to use my D+ BOGO on day one or two, can I pre-book or do I have to wait until I board? 

One technique that has worked is to pre-book for one person and once onboard change the reservation to two.

• Like 1

I have found that the bogo on the ships is very expensive.  It is cheaper to just buy a three night pkg ($69.00 and get three meals).  I believe we were charged $50 plus 18 percent gratuity the last time we did bogo.  We will never use it again.  

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2019 at 12:05 PM, Host Clarea said:

We have found that some ships will make an exception to the rule that BOGO must be used on day 1 and/or 2.  Most recently on Radiance we were able to use ours on day 2 and day 6. 

On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, Host Clarea said:

Bob, we've had times when we could buy the D+ BOGO and use the GO on a night other than day 1 or 2.  As a matter of fact we've done this quite a bit.  We each buy a BOGO.  We tend to use first one on day 2 and then the second one later during the cruise.  Just did this on Jewel in April.  I'm sure it depends on the cruise and the ship.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:46 PM, Colorado Babe said:

I have found that the bogo on the ships is very expensive.  It is cheaper to just buy a three night pkg ($69.00 and get three meals).  I believe we were charged $50 plus 18 percent gratuity the last time we did bogo.  We will never use it again.  

Never seen 3 n for $69..... it’s $99 or once I got it for $89...?

2 hours ago, little britain said:

Never seen 3 n for $69..... it’s $99 or once I got it for $89...?

Our total bill for 3 nights in Giovanni's including D+ BOGO was $96.

Additionally I gave $32 in cash tips to our wonderful waiters.

Edited by grapau27

On 4/24/2019 at 8:55 AM, Host Clarea said:

One technique that has worked is to pre-book for one person and once onboard change the reservation to two.

Isn’t this a good way for Royal to stop providing this benefit for D+. I am not sure why Royal offers this benefit on only days 1 & 2 but speculate it’s because the first two nights are more difficult to fill. It’s used to entice filling empty seats first two nights.  By booking one online prior to the cruise, Royal loses opportunity to sale two or more seats (at a discount).  If the seats/reservations are full prior to the cruise,  D+ wouldn’t get seats at BOGO. 

Asking for a friend 

11 hours ago, ILCTCRUISER said:

Bob, we've had times when we could buy the D+ BOGO and use the GO on a night other than day 1 or 2.  As a matter of fact we've done this quite a bit.  We each buy a BOGO.  We tend to use first one on day 2 and then the second one later during the cruise.  Just did this on Jewel in April.  I'm sure it depends on the cruise and the ship.

The description says nights 1 & 2. If Royal enforced their requirements, I wonder how many would complain?

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Isn’t this a good way for Royal to stop providing this benefit for D+. I am not sure why Royal offers this benefit on only days 1 & 2 but speculate it’s because the first two nights are more difficult to fill. It’s used to entice filling empty seats first two nights.  By booking one online prior to the cruise, Royal loses opportunity to sale two or more seats (at a discount).  If the seats/reservations are full prior to the cruise,  D+ wouldn’t get seats at BOGO. 

Asking for a friend 

Hi Rory.

We have just got off a 3 night cruise on Independence from Southampton UK.

We went to Giovanni's every night and the food was fantastic.

We used the D+ BOGO on board and on all 3 nights Giovanni's was never more than 25% full even with the waiters trying to upsell.

The manager was brilliant and gave us 50% off the last night so our total bill for the 3 nights was $96 plus I gave $32 cash to our excellent waiters.

IMG_20190525_205455.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1