Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

Celebrity’s MoveUp Q&A shows the following:

Can I modify or cancel my offer after I submit it?

You may modify or cancel your offer up until 2 days prior to departure, provided that your offer has not already been accepted by Celebrity Cruises and provided your credit card has not been charged.

If the above is still accurate, why do all, but one of my MoveUp bids show “Expired” and the one that is still “Pending” can not be modified or cancelled?  The cruise’s departure is not until mid-April over two months away.  This bid has neither been accepted nor has my credit card been charged.  The fact that my one pending bid can’t be modified or that my other bids can’t also be modified seems to violate Celebrity’s above statement.

Am I misinterpreting the rules of this program?

I have only bid in the Move up program twice - and both times I was in the same situation with all expired , one pending, and that way for 4-5 days then received notification that I won the pending bid.  I did email the move up group the 1st time noting what you mentioned - and they told me it was pending because the team was still evaluating my offer. 

Edited by Penny Robinson

2 hours ago, kjc852 said:

You may modify or cancel your offer up until 2 days prior to departure, provided that your offer has not already been accepted by Celebrity Cruises and provided your credit card has not been charged.

If the above is still accurate, why do all, but one of my MoveUp bids show “Expired” and the one that is still “Pending” can not be modified or cancelled?  The cruise’s departure is not until mid-April over two months away.  This bid has neither been accepted nor has my credit card been charged.  The fact that my one pending bid can’t be modified or that my other bids can’t also be modified seems to violate Celebrity’s above statement.

I

Usually when this happens the pending bid has been successful.

18 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

Usually when this happens the pending bid has been successful.

I thought mine was successful in December when I could not modify nor cancel BUT one week prior to the cruise it was enabled again for me to do so. WTH??? Had never had this happen before.

On 2/8/2024 at 6:34 AM, Reesetiff said:

Ship:  Celebrity Ascent

Length of Cruise:  7 days

Cruise Sale Date:  February 11, 2024

numerous emails for upgrade opportunities

Captains tier;  elite

Current cabin:  MC Sky Suite

booked direct then transferred to a TA they participate in the move up program 

Bid:  YES

celebrity suite- 800.00 pp  (weak bid)Pending

Royal Suite- 1,500 PP (mid bid)- pending

Villa Edge- 3,095 (strong bid) pending 

Iconic Suite, 2,880 (weak) pending 

Ship is sold out so I am not hopeful but I have heard of others still getting bids accepted.  As I told my husband, there’s still a (slim to none) chance. Fingers crossed. 

Update. Rejected all bids 

On 1/30/2024 at 1:16 PM, kjc852 said:

• Ship:  Edge
  • Length of Cruise:  18-nights
  • Cruise Sail Date:  April 14, 2024
  • Date email offer received:  January 29, 2024 using MoveUp link
  • Captain’s Club Tier - Elite
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  Booked Direct via website
  • Current Cabin:  S1 Sky Suite
  • Bid?  Yes/No:  Yes

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: Iconic (min $3000 pp)
  •                            Edge Villa (min $2000 pp)
  •                            Royal Suite (min $1,500 pp)
  •                            Celebrity Suite (min $500 pp)
  • Bid Offer:  Royal Suite $1950 pp
  •                  Celebrity Suite $740 pp
  •                  Sunset Sky Suite $210 pp
  • Notification Date:  TBD
  • Accepted / Rejected:  TBD

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Aqua Sky Suite minimum bid $140 pp

Sunset Sky Suite minimum bid $140 pp

Sent from my iPad

Update 2/13/24. Today we received the much anticipated MoveUp acceptance email and our CC was charged.  Our 18-night cruise embarks on 4/14/24 from Sydney and are delighted to share that our bid for one of the three unsold Edge Villas was successful, with notification arriving a full two months prior to sailing.  Our bid was almost twice the minimum amount for a Villa, however knowing we have a total of 12 sea days to enjoy the Retreat and that unlimited Specialty Dining is included with all upper suites, helped to rationalize our offer.  We also looked at our bids as being the equivalent of making combined bids on two and a half 7-night cruises.  

• Like 8

• Ship:  APEX
  • Length of Cruise: 7 nights 
  • Cruise Sail Date: March 16
  • Date email offer received: Dec 16/2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: 
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Blue Chip Club
  • Current Cabin: Sky Suite
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:
  • $2140 for edge villa min $2000
  • $1670 for Royal Suite min $1500
  • $3140 for Penthouse min $3000
  • Iconic was min $5000pp did not bid
  • Notification Date: Feb 09/24 
  • Accepted / Rejected 
  • ACCEPTED
  • all bids showed expired on Friday Feb 09. On Monday Feb 12 at 605pm received notification that bid for Penthouse was accepted for $3140pp. We have won prior bids and have noticed the winning bid email was sent shortly after 6pm. Not sure if this is coincidence? We are pleased with this as it’s a Comped cruise and feel we got excellent value. Never been in a Penthouse before and looking forward to it!

• Like 9

• Ship:  millennium
  • Length of Cruise:12 niights
  • Cruise Sail Date:march 4
  • Date email offer received:december 13
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: elite
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin:oceanview
  • Bid?  Yes/No:yes

• Cabin Category: concierge
  • Bid Offer:235
  • Notification Date:feb 14
  • Accepted / Rejected accecpted

Really surprised to get accepted as the cruise has been sold out for so long

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/8/2024 at 12:54 PM, mtempelaar said:
  • Ship: Celebrity Beyond
  • Length of Cruise: 11 Days
  • Cruise Sail Date:  April 1, 2024
  • Date 1st email offer received:  Didn't see one
  • Date 2nd email offer received:Didn't see one
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: SS - Sky Suite
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

If YES -  Bidding Details: (USD)       (min pp / max pp / bid pp)

• Cabin Category:  Sunset Sky Suite         $100 / $250 / $640  - Strong Bid - Pending (1 available)
  • Cabin Category: Aqua Class Sky Suite  $140 / $350 / $520 - Weak Bid -  Pending (4 available)
  • Cabin Category: Celebrity Suite              $1,525/ $,7500/ $no bid (3 available)
  • Cabin Category: Royal Suite                    $3000/ $15,000/ no bid (sold out)
  • Cabin Category:  Edge Villa                      $4,000/ $20,000/ no bid  (sold out)
  • Cabin Category:   Penthouse Suite          $5,000/ $25,000/  no bid (sold out)
  • Cabin Category:  Iconic Suite                   $6,000 / $30,000/ no bid (available)
  • Notification Date: TBD
  • Accepted / Rejected: TBD 

• Our SS is booked with the old all inclusive (drinks, wifi, gratuities, OBC)
  • Thermal suite pass is $339 plus gratuities per person for the duration of sailing, so I factored in cost of thermal suite passes and and potential discount on a pre-booked spa treatment.  In my view Blu isn't adding value because when we sailed Beyond in a Sky Suite in 2022 we were able to eat breakfast in Blu each morning and I think we went for dinner too.  I assume we still can do that with this sailing, but if not c'est la vie.
  • Sunset Sky Suite far more valuable to us given length of cruises due to size of balcony and potential for a lounger or two (maybe). 
  • We discovered in 2022 that with the Beyond Sky Suite (at least on last sailing) keeping the balcony door open provided zero air flow to cabin so I'm not willing to spend more to upgrade.  Was the first ship we ever had that happen with.

After receiving nice raises and bonus, we upped our bids a bit.  Redoing my listing here:  

• Cabin Category:  Sunset Sky Suite         $100 / $250 / $670  - Strong Bid - Pending (now sold out)
  • Cabin Category: Aqua Class Sky Suite  $140 / $350 / $840 - Strong Bid -  Pending (6 available)
  • Cabin Category: Celebrity Suite              $1,525/ $,7500/ $no bid (1 available)
  • Cabin Category: Royal Suite                    $3000/ $15,000/ 3,100 (sold out)
  • Cabin Category:  Edge Villa                      $4,000/ $20,000/ no bid  (sold out)
  • Cabin Category:   Penthouse Suite          $5,000/ $25,000/  no bid (sold out)
  • Cabin Category:  Iconic Suite                   $6,000 / $30,000/ no bid (available)

I feel I need to warn people.  There was something weird that happened.  I went to add a bid specifically for Royal Suite.  It automatically, without checkboxes or anything, added minimum bids for EVERYTHING that I hadn't already bid on.  I saw 6k bid on Iconic and cancelled as fast as I could.  Only to discover Penthouse bid for 5k, and so on.  I don't know how this happened.     

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/8/2024 at 2:45 PM, Penny Robinson said:

I have only bid in the Move up program twice - and both times I was in the same situation with all expired , one pending, and that way for 4-5 days then received notification that I won the pending bid.  I did email the move up group the 1st time noting what you mentioned - and they told me it was pending because the team was still evaluating my offer. 

Yes just click on the link from your original bid and choose Cancel or if Choose you can also modify.   Both are available up until expiration or awarded a move-up

On 2/16/2024 at 12:16 PM, mtempelaar said:

After receiving nice raises and bonus, we upped our bids a bit.  Redoing my listing here:  

• Cabin Category:  Sunset Sky Suite         $100 / $250 / $670  - Strong Bid - Pending (now sold out)
  • Cabin Category: Aqua Class Sky Suite  $140 / $350 / $840 - Strong Bid -  Pending (6 available)
  • Cabin Category: Celebrity Suite              $1,525/ $,7500/ $no bid (1 available)
  • Cabin Category: Royal Suite                    $3000/ $15,000/ 3,100 (sold out)

I feel I need to warn people.  There was something weird that happened.  I went to add a bid specifically for Royal Suite.  It automatically, without checkboxes or anything, added minimum bids for EVERYTHING that I hadn't already bid on.  I saw 6k bid on Iconic and cancelled as fast as I could.  Only to discover Penthouse bid for 5k, and so on.  I don't know how this happened.     

I has something similar happen last week.  I modified a bid to just above the middle of the range and submitted it.  Got the email that my bid was received and the amount was the max, not the amount I had selected.  Quickly went in and corrected it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just got a new Move Up offer for our Connie cruise that leaves on March 11. They allowed bids in every category of suite, starting at $1,100 pp for Sky Suites. Called my TA, who informed me the ship is completely SOLD OUT. 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 4:01 PM, hvbaskey said:
  • Ship:  Summit
  • Length of Cruise: 6 Nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: May 4, 2024
  • Date email offer received: Feb. 27, 2025
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Classic
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Inside
  • Bid?  Yes/No: No

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected

Aqua $350 – $1225

Ultra Deluxe Concierge $300 – $1050

Concierge $250 – $875

Ultra Deluxe Veranda $250 – $875

Sunset Veranda $300 – $1050

Veranda $150 – $525

Ocean View $100 – $250

• Ship:  Solstice
  • Length of Cruise:  13 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: 3/27/24
  • Date email offer received:  I think I went to the website
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Elite Plus
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:   TA
  • Current Cabin:  AS (Aqua Sky)
  • Bid?  Yes/No:  YEs

• Cabin Category:  Royal Suite
  • Bid Offer:   2115 per person
  • Notification Date:  2/28/24
  • Accepted / Rejected. Accepted

General Comments This was considered a medium bid.  Normally I bid minimum for suite upgrades and they're always rejected.  I wanted to get out from under the buffet, so I bid higher than otherwise.

We also had a 900 pp on a Celebrity Suite.  That went pending and locked a while ago, went to expired, then back to pending and locked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lori-annk said:

How are you seeing pending and or expired? I can just see the bids I placed.

When I look at the bid I placed, on the far right it shows pending or expired, and by locked I just mean I can't change it.  I wasn't able to change the Celebrity Suite bid for quite a while, but I slightly bumped the Royal Suite bid a few days ago.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, abbydancer2003 said:

When I look at the bid I placed, on the far right it shows pending or expired, and by locked I just mean I can't change it.  I wasn't able to change the Celebrity Suite bid for quite a while, but I slightly bumped the Royal Suite bid a few days ago.

Thank you!!

On 2/27/2024 at 7:19 PM, abbydancer2003 said:

Interesting.  I've only seen pending right up until I received the rejection email two days before the sailing.

On 2/29/2024 at 3:29 PM, CruisinShips said:

Interesting.  I've only seen pending right up until I received the rejection email two days before the sailing.

Yep, that's how it works

On 12/27/2023 at 10:24 AM, rjp50 said:

We recently received a move up offer for the Equinox where the minimum bid for a sunset sky suite was substantially lower than a regular sky suite (415 versus 1540).  Could this be real or just a clerical data entry error?  I assume there is no harm in trying for the sunset sky suite, or am I missing something?  This whole move up process is new to me.  

@rjp50We have the same thing on our Equinox sailing in May. Wonering why the Sunset Sky Suite is so much lower? Did you bid? Were you successful? 

Received Move up email on Dec. 12, 2023

Ship: Reflection

Sail date: 3/16/2024

Booked Cabin: Sky Suite

Bid on Royal Suite (minimum bid $1,500)

Bid $1,550

Accepted bid in 2/23/2023

• Like 4

3 hours ago, LINGBER said:

@rjp50We have the same thing on our Equinox sailing in May. Wonering why the Sunset Sky Suite is so much lower? Did you bid? Were you successful? 

We bid more than the minimum but were not successful.   It didn't surprise me since it appeared that all of the suites were sold put a few weeks before the cruise. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, l_n_m said:

Bid on Royal Suite (minimum bid $1,500)

Bid $1,550

Accepted bid in 2/23/2023

Do you know how many Royal Suites were available prior to your bid being accepted by chance?

Edited by MNSails

11 hours ago, MNSails said:

Do you know how many Royal Suites were available prior to your bid being accepted by chance?

There was one Royal Suite remaining.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Are they still sending out the "you've been outbid!" emails at all? I saw them once a year or two ago, and that was it. Curious if they stopped..

Edited by behtyas