Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

5 hours ago, Captain Billy Bob said:

Why do you think that? Ships don't have to be refueled at their home port they can be refueled where the LNG barge is. No?

As mentioned in a previous post, the only way to resupply at the moment is the barge that also resupplies Mardi Gras. Until the resupply locations improve,  she will likely take advantage of the weekly visit by the LNG barge. It could be that by the time Icon sails things could be different. This only applies to the US East coast, things are a bit different in Europe.

Edited by Biker19

37 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

As mentioned in a previous post, the only way to resupply at the moment is the barge that also resupplies Mardi Gras. Until the resupply locations improve,  she will likely take advantage of the weekly visit by the LNG barge. It could be that by the time Icon sails things could be different. This only applies to the US East coast, things are a bit different in Europe.

Doesn’t Shanghai have ship LNG?

Maybe it will go to China.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Maybe if you look at wonder how it’s more westernised than Asian with Playmakers,Johnny Rocket .

It maybe  just temporary for China?? 

She was built for China. The fact that she's more westernized than Spectrum only means that there's not enough demand there for the confidence to deploy her there continuously. If she can't be filled, there's no way Icon which is of slightly lower capacity can stay there long term. 

Although, they could just put an icon class there and pull Spectrum and Wonder out permanently, but that would not be entirely smart. 

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

LNG usage should grow in Canaveral. Space program is headed in that direction. Super cooled fuels have always been prevalent here anyway

The Carnival Celebration FERU is on its way from Neptun Werft to Meyer Turku in Finland. So now it is time to move the Icon of the Seas' keel sections inside (if they haven't already?) to start work. 
Completion by the end of the year most apparently. 

Edited by Lloyd555

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen some nice photos today of what are definitely Icon keel sections under construction out in the Meyer Turku yard. They certainly are wide. I will post when the photographer is ok with me doing so.

Calling Lloyd a tease in 3...2...1...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Without context or measurements, not sure that will provide a lot of meaningful info.

Biker, who assumes Icon will not be as wide as O class.

True. Maybe I should have said they look wide. 
Either way I would get smacked on the side of the head if I said that again to my sister about her hips. Lesson learned. 🥴

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

And or what is the max width that Neptune Werft  hall allows vs Oasis class width.

I just asked the question in the Meyer Werft Fanclub. They seem to know these things. 😄

On the Neptun Werft site there is mention of a new shipbuilding hall that was opened at NEPTUN WERFT in 2018. I assume it's the hall that the Icon FERU is in. The hall is 180 metres long, 65 metres wide and 58 metres high. 

"... The 13,000 m2 production space is mainly used to build our floating engine room units – the centrepiece of next-generation cruise liners that feature an eco-friendly LNG drive system. NEPTUN WERFT makes the floating engine room units made ready for installation before delivering them to MEYER WERFT in Papenburg and MEYER TURKU in Finland..."

Edited by Lloyd555