Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

4 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

I think that the dark mega block has finally been moved  and installed. 😳

20220729_015848.jpg.be075751ea1794b15be41392cf5af808.jpg

20220729_013951.jpg.2689ef4a1a3d8f5572d6d8b369b33dc5.jpg

It looks as if the other mega block was moved and perhaps installed as well.

1839018001_bothmegablocksinstalledmaybe.jpg.caa25eb88cda88217212e73d75364620.jpg

• Like 1

On 7/27/2022 at 4:15 PM, cruises89 said:

Hope they built it with promenade deck like NCL and the new MSC ships. 

yes I agree this would be nice.   I think all ships should have areas in front and back to watch the sea as well as down low along the side.

I never was a fan of pushing folks up to the top and cramming everyone because the fancy suites have the front.  The newer NCL ships have what is called Waterfront along the sides with places to sit and some restaurants.  

I wish I knew if Icon is having Aqua theater, or Two 70, or a Northstar or a solarium of some kind.

Time to also reinvent the Promenade to not look so much like a mall.

time will tell.  Hope they put a Jamie Olivers on the ship too.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fairsky84 said:

For comparison...

Length of Oasis-class ships: 1,188 feet 

Length of Meyer Turku dry dock: 1,198 feet 

I'm guessing Icon will be nearly identical in length to Oasis or an additional 2-5 feet at the most.

I think you are right, it will be close. It’s hard to really tell looking at various photos how much space there is between the stern and the wall, and looking up front, the bow to that wall. 

On 7/29/2022 at 7:24 AM, Panda Monium said:

A new mega block installed on the Icon of the Seas.

Photos by Sergey Morgun 

I noticed in these photos you shared that there is another section with that thick white framing. Should be lined up nicely now that the block is in place.  Not sure how far it goes to the other side. Need to go back and look at the Port side photos again. 

C033FEF0-1B1E-40FE-BEDD-C51467483012.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I noticed in these photos you shared that there is another section with that thick white framing. Should be lined up nicely now that the block is in place.  Not sure how far it goes to the other side. Need to go back and look at the Port side photos again. 

C033FEF0-1B1E-40FE-BEDD-C51467483012.jpeg

Those frames and the dark blue deck color appear to designate where the 'infinite balcony' cabins are located. It seems Icon will have a mix of traditional and infinite balcony rooms, similar to the MSC World Europa. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, allennn said:

have there been any leaks of the conceptual icon of the seas designs?  not sure why RCCL is being so secretive about this one.

Nothing so far other than the mention of the “Pearl” by Micheal Bailey. 

As to why they are being so secretive, most people are asking the same question. NCL has put out info on Prima long time ago and so has MSC with its new build, MSC World Europa. And I think both have been open for booking for some time now. 

3 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

NCL has put out info on Prima long time ago and so has MSC with its new build, MSC World Europa. And I think both have been open for booking for some time now.

Considering Prima was signed over to NCL on Friday it certainly has.  The next ship in that class is likely to float out of the dry dock as soon as Prima leaves the berth she's in, and has also been open for booking.

• Like 1