Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

10 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I wonder if it could be a US & Europe in summer kind of ship

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sowhat said:

Michael Bayley described the 5,000-passenger Icon of the Seas – which will the first new class of ship for Royal Caribbean since 2014 – as the line’s “newest class of genuinely game changing ships”, which he said the line had spent five years designing.

He stressed the importance of the UK market which he said had been significant to the line “almost since the beginning of the company”.

“I don’t see that ever changing,” he added. “In fact, it’s so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the Seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in 2023.

“We’ll do a huge trade event in the UK and Ireland – we’ll invite all of our travel partners to see the biggest, best, most stunning exciting product on the planet. I can’t commit on the date,” he said, adding: “But it’s going to be around October time."

Sounds like a big launch in Autumn 23 and then a TA to make some money. I can’t see them taking paying passengers out of Southampton. 

1 hour ago, Tough as Leather said:

Where is the ship's bow!!??

I can't believe that it hasn't been delivered yet.

I don't know about the nose, but there are a few pieces in Gdansk (on left side of photo) waiting to be delivered. 😎

📷 Galar Gdansk

1436758313_GalarGdaski1.thumb.jpg.1171030de04e0bbcad7cd1a99eedc36d.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

Where is the ship's bow!!??

I can't believe that it hasn't been delivered yet.

There was something that was covered in white further behind the building dock that has recently disappeared from there. Could that be it, or is that too small? Similar to the Bridge, there are lots of pieces and things we never see being delivered but are in the yard somewhere hidden then appear 😀

• Like 1

On 8/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, Lloyd555 said:

I don't know about the nose, but there are a few pieces in Gdansk (on left side of photo) waiting to be delivered. 😎

📷 Galar Gdansk

1436758313_GalarGdaski1.thumb.jpg.1171030de04e0bbcad7cd1a99eedc36d.jpg

Another view.

1139446911_AnnaJawornicka2.thumb.jpg.6f62c29fb6670595e0c54c16d1d9f324.jpg

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Trying to figure where these would go. Towards the Bow? Are those windows in the bottom row? Thanks 

They go on each side somewhere in this spot. There's a bit more hull above the row of windows on the Icon though.😎

20220803_202716.jpg

31 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

They go on each side somewhere in this spot. There's a bit more hull above the row of windows on the Icon though.😎

20220803_202716.jpg

That makes sense. I thought if near the bow it might be one of those slanted looking top section like these below.

5D5CE529-A56A-400E-8037-0C6EC49A8D83.png

6637ECDC-A555-4B39-9A42-55A7927E80F0.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Panda Monium said:

Adding a lower block up front.

20220804_154944.thumb.jpg.96eac4e9fc5682c96864355f52279aea.jpg

I believe that the two venue blocks (in image below) go on top of this new block and its neighbour (deck 6 to floor of deck 10)

20220804_174954.jpg.9196e6179e00e43f3010bb0b0cb75c4c.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1