Is there a beach close to where Equinox docks in Bonaire?

Pier290

Please don't direct me to the Bonaire board as I haven't received any responses there 😁

Are there any beaches super close to where the Equinox docks in Bonaire?  We have an excursion booked but it ends at 10:30 am and we still have all day in Bonaire.....hoping we could do a beach if close to port??

Any info? 

We've looked into it a bit recently...Most beaches near the pier are rocky and smallish ..sometimes requiring  a ladder to access  the water,  We already cancelled a Celeb  beach club excursion near the port for that reason,.. I did find a day pass elsewhere but would  require a taxi., We decided to just enjoy a few shops and lunch by the water.  Did a big tour last time,,

As i remember from our recent cruise to the island golf carts were sold out early so be sure to book ASAP. We decided not to go Klein Bonaire island because as previous post indicated no services and no protection from the sun. We just walked around, visited some shop and had lunch .

2 hours ago, Highpeaklad said:

Near but far as it were is klein Bonaire island. Boats go regularly from the pier next to where the ship docks. 

Pristine beaches but no facilities of any kind. It’s the other side of the ship when it docks. 

If you want a beautiful beach with an area of soft, sandy bottom, Klein Bonaire is your best bet.  But to reiterate, there is no shade and no services over there.  There are areas of coral with some pretty great snorkeling (sea turtles galore) with just a short walk down the beach from the boat drop off point.  

About a half an hour drive, there is a most beautiful beach on Bonaire.  I think it was called 'the beach club' or something like that and we stopped there on the way back from 'The Best of Bonaire Tour'.  We could have stayed the rest of the day, it was just that beautiful.  Alas, we only had an hour there.  It would be worth it to get a cab out right after your tour in order to grab a lounge chair on the deck.  They were all full by the time we got there but that was in the afternoon.  All the services you will need are available at this beach. 

Bonaire is really not a beach island...but it is an amazing place for those of us who like to dive or snorkel.  The beach on Klein Bonaire is probably the best, but as another post says, there are no facilities and you need to take a shuttle boat to get to that island.  We have two personal recommendations for folks going to Bonaire.  1.  Book a snorkel cruise/tour on the Woodwind!  Dee and Ulf really know how to run their boat and tour and its truly an island highlight.  However, this private tour books up fast (sometimes more then 6 months in advance) so book their tour early!  2.  Rent a golf cart and explore the island :).  I know this sounds corny but it is a lot of fun and the perfect way to drive around Bonaire.  We will sometimes take our snorkel gear and make 2 or 3 stops to do some snorkeling right off shore.

Hank

Good information about the beaches, but now I’m interested in renting a golf cart.  What company  do you recommend?  What is the average price?  Easy access to the ship?  Thanks for any help...

Bonaire cruisers is the golf cart rental we used.  We reserved on line at www.bonairecuisers.com or info@bonairecruisers.com.  They were easy to find once off the ship but we did have a short walk to their site.  They gave us a map with personalized instructions and sent us on our way.  I believe it was $100.00 for the day with a $50.00 deposit that was given back once the golf cart was returned.  We did not get to see the mangroves as we missed the turn but did get to see lots of donkeys roaming and flamingos.   I believe you can also look them up on trip advisor.  Hope that helps.

7 hours ago, Highpeaklad said:

Near but far as it were is klein Bonaire island. Boats go regularly from the pier next to where the ship docks. 

Pristine beaches but no facilities of any kind. It’s the other side of the ship when it docks. 

Another vote for Klein Bonaire.  Beautiful unspoiled beach and the ferry service runs on time.  It takes about 20 minutes each way.  

3 hours ago, NKS50 said:

Good information about the beaches, but now I’m interested in renting a golf cart.  What company  do you recommend?  What is the average price?  Easy access to the ship?  Thanks for any help...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/42-bonaire/

Here's the thread for Bonaire, you can find a lot of information there, including multiple posts about golf cart rentals .