Diamond Balcony Discount

My status with Royal just changed to Diamond due to been Elite with Celebrity. I am now considering Royal cruises but I don't understand how the balcony discount works. I have been looking at some cruises and do not see where the benefit of this discount is shown. Also, if I book through a TA and I mention this benefit, is there a fixed % off that is taken? 

Thanks

Not a fixed percet, but a fixed dollar amount

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

4 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

I have been looking at some cruises and do not see where the benefit of this discount is shown. 

It's on the same page when you pick number of passengers - link to other discounts.

Edited by Biker19

9 minutes ago, Sandy1975 said:

Thanks @Host Clarea and @Biker19 This is very helpful. Now to go back and check what I would like to do! Last time I was on a Royal cruise was in 2012!

The balcony discount is not automatic.  If you use a travel agent, they must ask for the discount to be applied.

17 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

The balcony discount is not automatic.  If you use a travel agent, they must ask for the discount to be applied.

Bob, as long as the travel agent enters the clients C&A number the balcony discount is applied.  The only exception is sometimes when you are booking the clients directly into group space.  

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Bob, as long as the travel agent enters the clients C&A number the balcony discount is applied.  The only exception is sometimes when you are booking the clients directly into group space.  

Thanks Ken.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sandy1975 said:

My status with Royal just changed to Diamond due to been Elite with Celebrity. I am now considering Royal cruises but I don't understand how the balcony discount works. I have been looking at some cruises and do not see where the benefit of this discount is shown. Also, if I book through a TA and I mention this benefit, is there a fixed % off that is taken? 

Thanks

Sorry if this sounds sinple but when you are pricing your cruise on RC site  you must enter your C&A number to get the balcony discount.

You could check first without putting your number in then again with your number and you can quickly see what discount you get.

In the UK obc offer's are not combinable with D,D+ balcony discount.

We are in the UK, and D members. We going to be a party of 5, (with 3 first time cruisers). To maximise the D balcony discount our TA booked me into one room and DW into the other to get the balcony discount for each of us, rather than just the one if we had been in the same room ( as far as the paperwork goes).

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Sorry if this sounds sinple but when you are pricing your cruise on RC site  you must enter your C&A number to get the balcony discount.

The non-UK RCI sites don't work that way - you must seek out the place to input your C&A number to see if the discount applies.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The non-UK RCI sites don't work that way - you must seek out the place to input your C&A number to see if the discount applies.

This is the UK RC site when booking a cruise and you can see where you input C&A number.

Screenshot_20190428-135759.jpg

2 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

What is a Tesco voucher?

Tesco is the largest supermarket chain in the UK and their loyalty scheme is Tesco voucher where for every pound you spend you get points which can be converted to cash vouchers to use in store or you can exchange for money off at partner accounts like RC.

Just now, grapau27 said:

Tesco is the largest supermarket chain in the UK and their loyalty scheme is Tesco voucher where for every pound you spend you get points which can be converted to cash vouchers to use in store or you can exchange for money off at partner accounts like RC.

Nice!

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Is the discount ever combinable with a group rate?