Haunted cabin

19 minutes ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I don’t watch ghost hunter shows. I just shared my experience and it so happened to be on a ship. 

Alright, wasn't trying to be insulting or anything if it came off that way, it's just that for me personally, the whole ghost thing is up there with "bush did 9/11", "Illuminati ruling the world" and "ancient aliens" tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, so I honestly thought this was some sort of joke I wasn't understanding. my bad. 

32 minutes ago, ibonexheadi said:

Alright, wasn't trying to be insulting or anything if it came off that way, it's just that for me personally, the whole ghost thing is up there with "bush did 9/11", "Illuminati ruling the world" and "ancient aliens" tinfoil hat conspiracy theories, so I honestly thought this was some sort of joke I wasn't understanding. my bad. 

All is good. I started my profile on here to find out if anyone had a similar experience on Allure or maybe another ship. I’m not one to totally believe in things until I experience it. Hopefully people will post if they do as I find it interesting after my experience. But it doesn’t make me fearful to go on future cruises. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ibonexheadi said:

So am I just out of the loop and this is some sort of satire making fun of those delusional people on those tv shows with sound recorders and stuff that try to contact "ghosts", or are you all actually serious?

Our experience was real on Brilliance.

FIL died July 2008.

We took MIL on a cruise in a GS on Brilliance February 2009 and my wife woke up and saw FIL in his pyjamas next to MIL then he walked to the bathroom and disappeared.

Edited by grapau27

If I was a ghost, I'm not sure if I'd want to come back on a cruise ship. Don't get me wrong, I like cruising, but there are so many other interesting places to haunt. 

Buckingham Palace looks interesting and it would be nice to converse with Queen Elizabeth or King Charles when he gets the Crown.

Perhaps haunt one of Mic Jagger's houses. There might be some really cool other ghosts hanging out there too!

I would really like to haunt Don Cherry's house (google him) and scare him out of some of those suits he wears on TV. Now, those things are really frightening!!😱

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, ibonexheadi said:

So am I just out of the loop and this is some sort of satire making fun of those delusional people on those tv shows with sound recorders and stuff that try to contact "ghosts", or are you all actually serious?

I consider myself a very logical person,  I don't watch any shows like that. 

I tend to think that the explanation that requires the least speculation is usually true.

I only shared something I can't explain. 

I don’t believe in anything like that, ghosts, an afterlife, god etc.

Most people’s experiences of ghosts seem to be at night when awakening from sleep which would make me think it is some sort of dream/hallucination  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I thought I must be dreaming and tired so I went back to sleep. The other nights I didn’t turn on the lights because my cabin mates were both sleeping so no point in waking them up due to footsteps. They eventually stopped and then I went to sleep. I was freaked but it wasn’t that I couldn’t sleep at all and was going to keep everyone else awake, if the spirit was doing more than walking around maybe I would have wanted the lights on. 

Oh I understand not wanting to wake everyone up. I would just be so freaked out I doubt if I would care what any room mates were doing, LOL. Guess I don't know what I would really do until I am in the situation, and I never have been so far.

This is interesting reading people's experiences.

15 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Most people’s experiences of ghosts seem to be at night when awakening from sleep which would make me think it is some sort of dream/hallucination  

That's fair enough. When you have something strange happen to you and it's the middle of the day and you try to tell someone else and they look at you as if you're mad, until then and it happens to you, you wont know what it's like or understand.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dwhe said:

That's fair enough. When you have something strange happen to you and it's the middle of the day and you try to tell someone else and they look at you as if you're mad, until then and it happens to you, you wont know what it's like or understand.

Oh I appreciate that, sorry if it came across arrogant. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want to believe, I’m just the eternal sceptic on all things spooky/unseen/unexplained.

As an update, we won’t be in cabin 9695 next week as we changed to one closer to the aft. Not because of the haunted cabin, just the location was better. So I can’t give any feedback on our experience regarding the haunted cabin. However I do have evidence of such in a photo during the day and cold sober! 

3 hours ago, DirtyDawg said:

Buckingham Palace looks interesting and it would be nice to converse with Queen Elizabeth or King Charles when he gets the Crown.

Perhaps haunt one of Mic Jagger's houses. There might be some really cool other ghosts hanging out there too!

I would really like to haunt Don Cherry's house (google him) and scare him out of some of those suits he wears on TV. Now, those things are really frightening!!😱

Haha, haunting Don Cherry would be great! He deserves to be haunted.  It would be great to know the story if someone did pass away in this cabin or nearby one.  After this experience, I wouldn't mind dying on a ship and then haunting passengers.  Imagine all the interesting people watching that could happen 😂

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, mcoler181 said:

Even though I dont believe in things like that I have still freaked myself out on occasions when working late on my own thinking I have seen/heard something, it gets your mind going.

I know it's tough to believe unless you and others have experienced something that you all can't explain.  I went back to the cabin once during the day and I don't know if I sensed something or if it was because I was on alert but I opened the balcony door to have the Boardwalk music keep me company lol. 

22 minutes ago, hannahsnana said:

As an update, we won’t be in cabin 9695 next week as we changed to one closer to the aft. Not because of the haunted cabin, just the location was better. So I can’t give any feedback on our experience regarding the haunted cabin. However I do have evidence of such in a photo during the day and cold sober! 

Too bad you won't be close by, or not too bad as you got a better room location!! Enjoy your cruise. Our friend got married on the ship and it was lovely. 

Edited by Lovecruisingandmusic

1 hour ago, mcoler181 said:

Oh I appreciate that, sorry if it came across arrogant. Everyone has the right to believe in what they want to believe, I’m just the eternal sceptic on all things spooky/unseen/unexplained.

No no I wasn't having a go at you, I've seen strange things and am still a sceptic

Anyone stayed on the Queen Mary Long Beach? that's one scary ship. loved the ghost tour, the pool area is spooky.

You Americans certainly know how to do special effects the pool really did seem to be filling up.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dwhe said:

Anyone stayed on the Queen Mary Long Beach? ....

Did not stay on that ship overnight, but we used to volunteer to work there. 🙂

8 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

It's got a great atmosphere, I love the artdeco bar at the front.

2 hours ago, mcoler181 said:

Ok, this just happened at our house (swear to god!).

Hubby was vacuuming the stairs and came in to see why I was repeatedly poking him on the butt. I wasn't, but told him that I was reading this thread about ghosts. You connect the dots.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dwhe said:

This happened to a friend's family 50 years ago during day time.

Their family were camping and they took a family photo around the campfire where their car was in view.

Around the same time as the photo was taken my friends grandfather died 100 miles away.

When the photos were developed the grandfather's image was in the car.

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

This happened to a friend's family 50 years ago during day time.

Their family were camping and they took a family photo around the campfire where their car was in view.

Around the same time as the photo was taken my friends grandfather died 100 miles away.

When the photos were developed the grandfather's image was in the car.

Many years ago my sister went to bingo and a woman she had never met approached her.

She said to my sister you might know something about this. It was a picture of a hedge with my Fathers face, who died a few months before and another mans poking out of the hedge with some people posing for the photo in front. The woman claimed she was a psychic.

I never saw the photo myself but my sister was visibly shaken whilst the rest of us either took the micky or told her off for saying something so stupid. She still swears to this day it was true and a clear photo.

5 minutes ago, dwhe said:

Many years ago my sister went to bingo and a woman she had never met approached her.

She said to my sister you might know something about this. It was a picture of a hedge with my Fathers face, who died a few months before and another mans poking out of the hedge with some people posing for the photo in front. The woman claimed she was a psychic.

I never saw the photo myself but my sister was visibly shaken whilst the rest of us either took the micky or told her off for saying something so stupid. She still swears to this day it was true and a clear photo.

I believe your sister.

After my mam died I had just got her ashes from the undertaker and my dad asked if I would bring them over to their house so my brother's daughter could have some of the ashes.

My mam didn't like this girl but for my dad I put the ashes urn in the boot of my car.

As soon as I started to leave my house there was loud banging noises in the boot of the car.

My wife and I were in the car and we both heard these noises.

These noises ceased when I got to my dad's 2 miles away.

I had never heard banging in the car boot before or after this event.

On 5/3/2019 at 10:19 PM, Coralc said:

Interesting. I have always wondered about what it would seem like to stay in the George Smith cabin on Brilliance. Although people stay there every week. It was just so widely publicized. I don't think that I would intentionally book it.  

Now you made me look it up.  9062.  This will make our second time on Brilliance and both times deck 9 but I somehow didn't pick that room. Whew.  

8 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

No kidding Bob. My mom came to Canada on that Ship as a child with her sister and war bride mother. I toured it as a kid in Cali and most of what I remember was the wood interior. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

No kidding Bob. My mom came to Canada on that Ship as a child with her sister and war bride mother. I toured it as a kid in Cali and most of what I remember was the wood interior. 

Wow, now that's a story about your mom!