Haunted cabin

I recently returned from cruise #10 on Allure of the Seas and I got to experience something new on this cruise! We boarded on Sunday and everything was fine until Wednesday night when we were sleeping.  There were 3 of us in the cabin with my friend sleeping on the bed beside me and my sister on the pull out bed.  I woke up sensing someone was walking around the room and looked to see what I thought was my friend standing there watching me sleep.  But why did she look like a man? I turned my head to see she was laying beside me so I thought I must be dreaming and turned to the other side and went back to sleep.

The next morning, my sister and friend asked me if I sensed someone was in our room walking around between 4-5AM.  I explained what I felt and saw and they told me they both thought someone was in our room as they felt a presence and heard someone walking.  They did not see a silhouette of a man like I did though.  I told our stateroom attendant and he told me he was not surprised.  He told me that people die on the ship which I would assume but I don't know if other guests told him anything else about our room! I didn't want to ask any neighbours to freak anybody out.

We didn't see or hear anything the next night, but the last two nights of our cruise, I heard footsteps pacing in the room from the side of my friend's bed to the side of my sister's pull out bed and back and forth.  I was too afraid to look and see if I could see anything so I keep my eyes under the covers.  The last night, after we shut off the lights, the hangers started clanging together.  My friend got up to move them and then they did it again.  She moved them again and they stopped but the footsteps continued for another hour.  

The last few nights, I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted! And I think we should have gotten a cheaper rate for having to share our cabin lol.  If anyone has an experience in cabin 9697 on Allure, I would love to hear about it! 

• Like 5

Interesting. I have always wondered about what it would seem like to stay in the George Smith cabin on Brilliance. Although people stay there every week. It was just so widely publicized. I don't think that I would intentionally book it.  

7 hours ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I recently returned from cruise #10 on Allure of the Seas and I got to experience something new on this cruise! We boarded on Sunday and everything was fine until Wednesday night when we were sleeping.  There were 3 of us in the cabin with my friend sleeping on the bed beside me and my sister on the pull out bed.  I woke up sensing someone was walking around the room and looked to see what I thought was my friend standing there watching me sleep.  But why did she look like a man? I turned my head to see she was laying beside me so I thought I must be dreaming and turned to the other side and went back to sleep.

The next morning, my sister and friend asked me if I sensed someone was in our room walking around between 4-5AM.  I explained what I felt and saw and they told me they both thought someone was in our room as they felt a presence and heard someone walking.  They did not see a silhouette of a man like I did though.  I told our stateroom attendant and he told me he was not surprised.  He told me that people die on the ship which I would assume but I don't know if other guests told him anything else about our room! I didn't want to ask any neighbours to freak anybody out.

We didn't see or hear anything the next night, but the last two nights of our cruise, I heard footsteps pacing in the room from the side of my friend's bed to the side of my sister's pull out bed and back and forth.  I was too afraid to look and see if I could see anything so I keep my eyes under the covers.  The last night, after we shut off the lights, the hangers started clanging together.  My friend got up to move them and then they did it again.  She moved them again and they stopped but the footsteps continued for another hour.  

The last few nights, I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted! And I think we should have gotten a cheaper rate for having to share our cabin lol.  If anyone has an experience in cabin 9697 on Allure, I would love to hear about it! 

It might not be the room but a family member of yours who had died recently.

My FIL died July 2008 and we took MIL on a cruise with us in a GS on Brilliance of the seas in February 2009.

One night my wife woke up and saw her late dad next to her mam who was on the sofa bed and he walked across the cabin in his navy pyjamas into the bathroom.

She woke me but I didn't see anything but the cabin felt cold for a short period.

This only happened one time.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

My BIL insists that his room on Serenade was haunted.  One night he woke up and saw a man staring at him.  BIL woke up SIL and said- there is a man in the room!  She looked, and didn’t see anything...  the man was there several minutes, then disappeared.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

It might not be the room but a family member of yours who had died recently.

My FIL died July 2008 and we took MIL on a cruise with us in a GS on Brilliance of the seas in February 2009.

One night my wife woke up and saw her late dad next to her mam who was on the sofa bed and he walked across the cabin in his navy pyjamas into the bathroom.

She woke me but I didn't see anything but the cabin felt cold for a short period.

This only happened one time.

I agree that happens as I know of friends who have had experiences.  But for me, I haven't had a death in the family for more than 10 years. 

2 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

My BIL insists that his room on Serenade was haunted.  One night he woke up and saw a man staring at him.  BIL woke up SIL and said- there is a man in the room!  She looked, and didn’t see anything...  the man was there several minutes, then disappeared.

Did he hear anything too? I was on the Serenade, but didn't get to experience that! If it happens again on a cruise, I'll talk to the ghost and see if it responds! 

8 minutes ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

We left a cookie or two out but he didn't eat it.

Cookies are Santa Claus and have to be left out with milk. I was Talking leaving a tip. It was an additional Service provided that you should have tipped for. Those ghosts rely on tips as they are not compensated adequatly By the cruiseline.

Edited by 123funcruiser
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, 123funcruiser said:

Cookies are Santa Claus and have to be left out with milk. I was Talking leaving a tip. It was an additional Service provided that you should have tipped for. Those ghosts rely on tips as they are not compensated adequatly By the cruiseline.

Maybe if he helped us with packing, I would have left him a better tip.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I agree that happens as I know of friends who have had experiences.  But for me, I haven't had a death in the family for more than 10 years. 

Some people are more Phsyic than others,has this happened before?

My late mother woke up while staying in a hotel and an intruder was in the room and when she screamed he ran out to the balcony and scurried away across other balconies.

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Some people are more Phsyic than others,has this happened before?

My late mother woke up while staying in a hotel and an intruder was in the room and when she screamed he ran out to the balcony and scurried away across other balconies.

I never experienced it before.  My friend who didn't believe in ghosts now does after this.  We thought it might have been someone that came into our cabin but I'm pretty certain we would have heard the cabin door open and who would come in at 4AM? If I were the only one that experienced it, I would tell myself it was only a dream but since the other two also felt it, we believe it's a spirit! 

• Like 1

Every time I see another of the endless stream of drink package threads I’m grateful I don’t drink anymore and thus I don’t have to read it.  I now have a new reason to be grateful; I haven’t come to in the middle of the night wondering who the woman standing over my bed is in many years.  😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

I never experienced it before.  My friend who didn't believe in ghosts now does after this.  We thought it might have been someone that came into our cabin but I'm pretty certain we would have heard the cabin door open and who would come in at 4AM? If I were the only one that experienced it, I would tell myself it was only a dream but since the other two also felt it, we believe it's a spirit! 

It might be a spirit of someone who died in that cabin.

My wife is quite Phsyic and has seen thing's that I haven't been able to.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, 123funcruiser said:

To heck with leaving the ghost a tip. That cheap bugger should be tipping the room steward along with you. Do you know how hard is to clean up that ectoplasm slime!

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2