Haunted cabin

5 minutes ago, Beav1279 said:

Psychic = some who claims to see/hear spirits; clairvoyant

Physics = science of matter and energy

Phsyic isn't a word.

Spelling mistake with phone auto correct.

I'm sure/hope you meant to correct in good faith.

Psychic is what we are talking about when we are talking in this thread about seeing ghosts/spirits.

Graham

• Like 1

This is a really great thread, I believe 100% this happens, and yes cruise ships are small cities, and people to pass in these cabins.    I should take my EVP recorder, and EMF detector on our next cruise.   

On a side note I did go to the wrong cabin once, same cabin number on the opposite side of the ship, I was pretty intoxicated, but my key OPENED the door, I walked in and all the lights were off, and someone was in the bed.   I got the heck out of there fast, and went to my cabin. 

I reported to guest services that this happened, and that my key did open the door, they didn't seem to care at all.   This was on the Navigator by the way years ago. 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, skyking said:

This is a really great thread, I believe 100% this happens, and yes cruise ships are small cities, and people to pass in these cabins.    I should take my EVP recorder, and EMF detector on our next cruise.   

On a side note I did go to the wrong cabin once, same cabin number on the opposite side of the ship, I was pretty intoxicated, but my key OPENED the door, I walked in and all the lights were off, and someone was in the bed.   I got the heck out of there fast, and went to my cabin. 

I reported to guest services that this happened, and that my key did open the door, they didn't seem to care at all.   This was on the Navigator by the way years ago. 

I believe the op because of my wife's experiences but as you pointed out about your key opening another cabin my first thought on this thread was someone inadvertently or deliberately entered the ops cabin.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Psychic is what we are talking about when we are talking in this thread about seeing ghosts/spirits.

Graham

Of course, correcting in good faith - couldn't help having a teacher moment! (I'm an educator).

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I believe the op because of my wife's experiences but as you pointed out about your key opening another cabin my first thought on this thread was someone inadvertently or deliberately entered the ops cabin.

It's funny I remember walking in, and standing at the base of the bed for a second trying to figure out why someone was in my bed.   Once it clicked I ran out!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We have always wondered about the Brilliance cabin ( I believe it is 9062 ) where honeymooner George Smith was allegedly murdered and thrown over the balcony railing.  We’ve been on Brilliance several times, but have never stayed in that cabin.   

All of these ghost stories kind of freak me out. We are sailing next week. I think I’ll sleep with the light on! 

M

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beav1279 said:

Of course, correcting in good faith - couldn't help having a teacher moment! (I'm an educator).

That's okay no problem for me whatsoever my android phone does predictive texts but I believe some people report corrections as it is against cc rules.

Regards Graham.

2 hours ago, skyking said:

I did go to the wrong cabin once, same cabin number on the opposite side of the ship, I was pretty intoxicated, but my key OPENED the door, I walked in and all the lights were off, and someone was in the bed.   I got the heck out of there fast, and went to my cabin. 

If I ever get accused of that I’ll just say it was probably my dead twin-brother’s ghost.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, skyking said:

Both my friend and I got up to use the bathroom shortly before the ghost visit and we thought it might be someone who accidentally came into the room but we didn't hear anyone leave as they should have!

Knowing keys open other rooms, I wouldn't be surprised if this happens often especially when people are a bit tipsy! 

I'm curious to know if anyone would have told Guest Services.  We didn't as we thought they would think were lost our marbles and nothing could have been done.  But I did call RC when I returned home to let them know of our experience.

We also experienced lots of elevators doors starting to close and then open again.  This happened a lot of times and we just said, it must be a ghost getting on and off causing the sensors to open the doors! 

Edited by Lovecruisingandmusic

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Graham

Agree, at least 10 times a day auto correct gets me by posting wrong word or spelling

Edited by ONECRUISER

13 hours ago, Coralc said:

Interesting. I have always wondered about what it would seem like to stay in the George Smith cabin on Brilliance. Although people stay there every week. It was just so widely publicized. I don't think that I would intentionally book it.  

Agree, I would never stay in the George Smith cabin.  It would make me very uncomfortable.  

15 hours ago, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

.  There were 3 of us in the cabin with my friend sleeping on the bed beside me and my sister on the pull out bed.  I woke up sensing someone was walking around the room and looked to see what I thought was my friend standing there watching me sleep.  But why did she look like a man? I turned my head to see she was laying beside me so I thought I must be dreaming and turned to the other side and went back to sleep.

Two twin beds, a pulled out sofa sleeper. If you think anyone could walk around you must be dreaming. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

My BIL insists that his room on Serenade was haunted.  One night he woke up and saw a man staring at him.  BIL woke up SIL and said- there is a man in the room!  She looked, and didn’t see anything...  the man was there several minutes, then disappeared.

Can you remember the cabin number ,if its mine i might need the drinks package 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, voyager70 said:

Agree, I would never stay in the George Smith cabin.  It would make me very uncomfortable.  

I agree with you.

Being from the UK I hadn't heard this story but now after Googling the story it was gruesome and sad for his bride.

• Like 1

All the non believers can keep buying the drink packages. The cruise lines would be happy with that lol. Once you experience it, you believe it. I hear alpha, alpha, alpha so often I wouldn’t be surprised at how many deaths happen on the ships and how often the morgue is used. 

Just now, Lovecruisingandmusic said:

All the non believers can keep buying the drink packages. The cruise lines would be happy with that lol. Once you experience it, you believe it. I hear alpha, alpha, alpha so often I wouldn’t be surprised at how many deaths happen on the ships and how often the morgue is used. 

Several deaths per Cruise unfortunately.

• Like 1