Loyalty OBC

denmarks

2 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

If I book four cruises that sail back to back on the same ship with a different booking number for each leg, will I get 4 loyalty credits or just one for the entire set of cruises?

4...just like with the blue bags (usually), the Elite gold bag of goodies and the mini-bar.

6 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

If I book four cruises that sail back to back on the same ship with a different booking number for each leg, will I get 4 loyalty credits or just one for the entire set of cruises?

4 cruises = 4 credits = 4 Loyalty OBC

Added: 4 military,  4 Shareholder ~~~~ where's the party?

Edited by Ombud

58 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I don't think this was supposed to happen BUT... I'm a solo vegetarian who switched out the free hors d'oeuvres on formal night for chocolate strawberries. Told them there's nothing on their list I can eat, why not fruit? Got strawberries 😁

What a GREAT hack.

I think I'll give it a go.:classic_ninja:

32 minutes ago, nukesubsailor said:

You will get 4 cruise credits either way. However, the loyalty OBC will only be given once if you have booked the B2B as one cruise. If you book it as 4 cruises, you would get 4 loyalty OBC.

On 5/5/2019 at 11:20 AM, denmarks said:

Princess gives the following OBC:
From your 21st to 31th cruise - $25 onboard cabin credit
From your 32st to 41th cruise - $50 onboard cabin credit
From your 42nd to 51th cruise - $75 onboard cabin credit
From your 52nd cruise on - $100 onboard cabin credit

That seems like nothing. I would like to see a free cruise periodically. Maybe for each 20 cruise credits.

Nothing says that you have to accept the OBC. You could always just spend it on one of your fellow passengers or go to Pass. Serv. and fill out a donation to the employee gratuity fund.  I'm sure that the recipients, whomever they are, would appreciate your gift.

I do not look at it as free. It is a reduction in the overall cruise cost.

Does it cost you anything? No. That pretty well seems to fit the definition of free to me.

Tom

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, geoherb said:

My understanding is that if a couple sailed together on their first Princess cruise as husband and wife, their Captain's Circle numbers would be the same except for the letter "A" at the end of his and the letter "B" at the end of hers.

Not sure where you got this info but it's incorrect. Ours are 107 numbers apart and neither of them has a letter on the end.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Not sure where you got this info but it's incorrect. Ours are 107 numbers apart and neither of them has a letter on the end.

This was true at some point in time, my wife and I have the same number but with an A and B after it, and we took our first cruise in 2007.

This thread got me to look at our Princess numbers.  DW and I have been together on all of our Princess cruises (and Sitmar cruises) and both of us have been Elite for a very long time.  We have completely different numbers although mine ends with an "A" and DW's with a "B."  To be honest, I have no clue as to whether we get a single OBC or two OBCs for our so-called Loyalty.  The reality is that with Princess, we usually book through decent cruise agencies and end up with lots of OBCs (often well over $1000) and simple do not get too concerned over $25.   One nice thing about the CCL companies (i.e. Princess, HAL, Seabourn, etc) is that they allow the "stacking of credits."  So we would normally get $250 for Veterans, $250 for Stockholder, the credit for loyalty, and then other credits from the cruise agency and often Princess.  With RCI products (RCI, Azamara, and Celebrity) they do not generally allow the "stacking" of lots of OBCs.

Hank

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/9/2019 at 1:42 AM, Thrak said:

We also have the A and B designation.  Maybe it became the norm at a point after your first Princess cruise.

On 5/8/2019 at 10:42 PM, Thrak said:

7 minutes ago, jangor said:

We also have the A and B designation.  Maybe it became the norm at a point after your first Princess cruise.

We’ve had a Captain’s Circle number for over 30 years which is the same number with an A designation for me and a B for my wife.  Although based on Thrak’s more recent experience there’s a different number now for each passenger.

Our’s were issued on our first Princess cruise which was actually on the wonderful Sitmar’s Fairwind & members were in their Circolo del Commandante...or Captain’s Circle.

Would anyone know if Princess called their repeat passengers Captain’s Circle members prior to the 1988 merger?

Edited by Astro Flyer

31 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

We’ve had a Captain’s Circle number for over 30 years which is the same number with an A designation for me and a B for my wife.  Although based on Thrak’s more recent experience there’s a different number now for each passenger.

Our’s were issued on our first Princess cruise which was actually on the wonderful Sitmar’s Fairwind & members were in their Circolo del Commandante...or Captain’s Circle.

Would anyone know if Princess called their repeat passengers Captain’s Circle members prior to the 1988 merger?

I first started cruising with Sitmar.  And as I remember, and I could be wrong, when the merger first took place I was still listed in the Circolo del Commandante program, and very soon after it switched to Captains Circle.

Sitmar, boy those were the days.  I didn't even realize it was a five star  luxury liner at the time and recently read that the Fairsea and Fairwind were former Cunard ships.

On 5/7/2019 at 6:40 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

This is Princess' attempt to balance out the differences between "marriage penalty" and "solo cruising".  It is a delicate balance, but I believe it is tipped in the favor of couples that are married.  Then there is the mini-bar.  One per room (not including suites) regardless of how many single/couples are elite.  Life is not fair.  I am thankful for all gifts from Princess.

A solo passenger pays twice the price and is entitled to the same benefits as a couple and vise versa. There is no "marriage penalty".