Loyalty OBC

denmarks

Princess gives the following OBC:
From your 21st to 31th cruise - $25 onboard cabin credit
From your 32st to 41th cruise - $50 onboard cabin credit
From your 42nd to 51th cruise - $75 onboard cabin credit
From your 52nd cruise on - $100 onboard cabin credit

That seems like nothing. I would like to see a free cruise periodically. Maybe for each 20 cruise credits.

• Haha 3

I think we'd all like to see that but in the real corporate world it is not going to happen.  And when you multiply that by all the cruisers that get it each cruise it has a huge impact to the corporate bottom line.  Personally I'm happy with whatever credits they give me.

Edited by TM
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, denmarks said:

That seems like nothing. I would like to see a free cruise periodically. Maybe for each 20 cruise credits.

It’s hard to believe that the free stuff just isn’t enough free stuff. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

It’s hard to believe that the free stuff just isn’t enough free stuff. 

I do not look at it as free. It is a reduction in the overall cruise cost.

We will take an extra $25 any day vs. nothing.  Unfortunately, since DH and I have the same last name, we have to share the $25.  If we had different last names, it is my understanding we would each get the $25 for a sailing.  Darn.  I KNEW I should have kept my maiden name.  😂 

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Don't like it., don't cruise on Princess. They don't need to give anything.

• Like 1

Just now, Thrak said:

I'm frankly amazed they give any loyalty OBC.

Question: What other cruise lines offer loyalty OBC and is it better than what is offered by Princess?

On Celebrity you get a free cruise as a Zenith member, but I think you have to cruise a million days or something. LOL 😂 Seriously, I think one needs to have sailed for 2,500 days before they can get a free cruise.  

The loyalty credits come in different forms. On Celebrity, they used to let people drink for free for two hours every night, then they went to the  coupon system. 

On Royal Caribbean, the perk is three hours on unlimited boozing at the lounge nightly.  But since not everyone drinks, then it wouldn’t be much of a credit.  

As to OBCs as loyalty, I am curious, as well, how many other cruise lines offer something. 

1 hour ago, denmarks said:

Even though it doesn’t seem like a lot, every little bit adds up. On our last cruise we had $300 OBC from a promo, plus the FCD $100 OBC, plus the TA $50 OBC, plus the loyalty OBC of $25. $475 OBC for a 7-day Cruise.  I liked the fact that the $25 paid for half of my a MedallionNet package, ($52) So it was like getting unlimited WiFi for only $27 a week vs the couple hundred it would have cost on some cruiselines. 

Also the loyalty OBC does not depend on the length of the cruise, unlike shareholder OBC, military OBC, and FCD OBC. If I booked a one-day repositioning cruise in an inside cabin, I would still receive $150 OBC even without any promo or TA OBC ($50 loyalty OBC, $50 shareholder OBC, and $50 military OBC).

The $50 loyalty OBC does not seem like much however if I were to book a 28-day cruise.

Also you need to remember that Princess does not give OBC or any other perks because they think we have earned them. The entire set of perks is designed to keep us coming back to book more cruses. As long as a high enough percentage keep booking more cruises, Princess has no reason to provide any more perks. Personally, I receive enough perks on Princess now to make it more attractive than switching to a different cruise line, and that's what they're after.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 4:20 AM, denmarks said:

Any thing is better than nothing yes. Just a shame we tend to do longer cruises and even though we have over 180 nights up in 10 years it still only registers as 10 cruises. Bugger. At least we got our Elite at 150 nights.

1 hour ago, long cruiser said:

I would rather have chocolate strawberries in my cabin.

long cruiser

Use your loyalty onboard credit to order multiple plates of chocolate strawberries delivered to your cabin.

Chocolate dipped strawberries

Fresh strawberries hand-dipped in both white and dark Swiss chocolate. (4 pieces)

Item #3008 - $8.00

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, skynight said:

By the way, OBC's on Princess are stackable. Not so on some other lines.

I agree. Ever tried to stack anything with Celebrity? Nothing stacks. Shareholders, FCC, special deals. Pick one. As for the free cruise at Zenith level. We would never cruise enough to qualify. With the shorter cruises that Princess counts, we will be Elite this year, and qualify for the extra OBC sometime in the next 4 years or so.

Princess is very generous with the OBC. A free cruise would be nice, but frankly you would pay for it in the cost of each of your cruises. Oceania offers free cruises. Check out their price - twice what you pay for Princess.

Nothing is ever really free.

12 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Correct. Unfortunately it's per cabin only.:classic_sad:

Not sure why, other than cost, they don't give it to two elites who achieve that number of cruises.  While I won't turn away free OBC, this seems a little stingy on Princess.  If you have 2 people in a cabin with over 21 cruises, they should both get loyalty credit.

25 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Not sure why, other than cost, they don't give it to two elites who achieve that number of cruises.  While I won't turn away free OBC, this seems a little stingy on Princess.  If you have 2 people in a cabin with over 21 cruises, they should both get loyalty credit.

They should but unless they're separate friends traveling together it's only once per cabin. Sort of like the marriage penalty. 

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 2:20 PM, denmarks said:

If a US passenger's  cruise is on an AUS$ ship is it still the same number of dollars or inflated by the exchange rate?

10 hours ago, MissP22 said:

They should but unless they're separate friends traveling together it's only once per cabin. Sort of like the marriage penalty. 

This is Princess' attempt to balance out the differences between "marriage penalty" and "solo cruising".  It is a delicate balance, but I believe it is tipped in the favor of couples that are married.  Then there is the mini-bar.  One per room (not including suites) regardless of how many single/couples are elite.  Life is not fair.  I am thankful for all gifts from Princess.