coco cay balloon?

1 minute ago, cravecruising said:

Hi! We did the balloon ride on May 9th. We paid $29 each and the ride was about 15 minutes. It was amazing and the views were fantastic. We would do it again and absolutely recommend it.

Did you book on the island or through the cruise planner?

its showing a cost of $75 in the cruise planner.

I just booked it for our July 12 cruise on Adventure. I paid $42.  I will keep looking to see if it will go down. If it goes down, I can always cancel and rebook at the lower price. It is always something I wanted to try. Checking it off my bucket list.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, azbaby8062 said:

I just booked it for our July 12 cruise on Adventure. I paid $42.  I will keep looking to see if it will go down. If it goes down, I can always cancel and rebook at the lower price. It is always something I wanted to try. Checking it off my bucket list.

Check if it still shows up in your cruise planner.  I booked it and then it no longer showed up so there was no way for me to check prices to see if it had dropped.  As soon as I cancelled it it showed back up in the planner. 

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Check if it still shows up in your cruise planner.  I booked it and then it no longer showed up so there was no way for me to check prices to see if it had dropped.  As soon as I cancelled it it showed back up in the planner. 

I booked it last night and it is still there. It is also the same price... well, it has only been less than 24 hours. Now, it was cheaper a month or so ago but I still didn't think I would be brave enough to do it, so I waited.

Just now, azbaby8062 said:

I booked it last night and it is still there. It is also the same price... well, it has only been less than 24 hours. Now, it was cheaper a month or so ago but I still didn't think I would be brave enough to do it, so I waited.

Interesting.  Both of the excursions that I had purchased are gone.  I’m going to try a different browser and see if that does anything.

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Interesting.  Both of the excursions that I had purchased are gone.  I’m going to try a different browser and see if that does anything.

Try going to planner and then clicking order history. It is located a the top of the page next to cart. I am using Google Chrome if that helps

1 minute ago, azbaby8062 said:

Try going to planner and then clicking order history. It is located a the top of the page next to cart. I am using Google Chrome if that helps

I am able to see the fact that I purchased it and what I purchased it for that’s not the issue.  

What I can’t see is the excursion listed for sale under shore excursions with the current price

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I am able to see the fact that I purchased it and what I purchased it for that’s not the issue.  

What I can’t see is the excursion listed for sale under shore excursions with the current price

On my iPad All shore excursions purchased were no longer available under shore excursions and there was no ability to check prices to see if they had dropped.

i just went and logged in on the laptop using Chrome and it shows them.  

Looks like Royal is either doing some testing or there is a quirk with safari.

15 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Looks like Royal is either doing some testing ...

This is my guess, and I'm surprised it's taken this long. 

Knowing their IT skill level, Royal management is probably torn between implementing this change to make it harder to cancel and reorder, and the realization that this change may screw up and actually stop people from ordering anything!  I'm sure it's a conundrum for them.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

On my iPad All shore excursions purchased were no longer available under shore excursions and there was no ability to check prices to see if they had dropped.

i just went and logged in on the laptop using Chrome and it shows them.  

Looks like Royal is either doing some testing or there is a quirk with safari.

Try this on your iPad.  At least it works on mine.

When you access the cruise planner, and select a specific day, it does not list the excursion you purchased, or those that are sold out.  In this case, it shows only 18 on mine for Rome, although it lists narrow 22 results.

3A53A560-BD72-473A-9F0C-1858F5BE3B42.thumb.png.216cdc3cd238e290ab8c18d02b40fc58.png

Click on the menu horizontal lines at the top left and open up the shore excursions menu there, and select the port.  Here I select my port for Rome.

A48975DD-1138-4AB8-AD40-2DD211C6A446.thumb.jpeg.52af460ef022847c730ecba716ff2b65.jpeg

When selected this way, all 22 excursions are listed, including the one I purchased, and it lists the current sale price.

1C6A2F61-E6A1-4069-8469-A3EC385BCE9C.thumb.png.27a2b9b68a972db1f22f166014af0db3.png

11 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

Try this on your iPad.  At least it works on mine.

When you access the cruise planner, and select a specific day, it does not list the excursion you purchased, or those that are sold out.  In this case, it shows only 18 on mine for Rome, although it lists narrow 22 results.

3A53A560-BD72-473A-9F0C-1858F5BE3B42.thumb.png.216cdc3cd238e290ab8c18d02b40fc58.png

Click on the menu horizontal lines at the top left and open up the shore excursions menu there, and select the port.  Here I select my port for Rome.

A48975DD-1138-4AB8-AD40-2DD211C6A446.thumb.jpeg.52af460ef022847c730ecba716ff2b65.jpeg

When selected this way, all 22 excursions are listed, including the one I purchased, and it lists the current sale price.

1C6A2F61-E6A1-4069-8469-A3EC385BCE9C.thumb.png.27a2b9b68a972db1f22f166014af0db3.png

That did it.  Thanks!

5 hours ago, cravecruising said:

Hi! We did the balloon ride on May 9th. We paid $29 each and the ride was about 15 minutes. It was amazing and the views were fantastic. We would do it again and absolutely recommend it.

How many people were On the balloon ride when you went up in the balloon? 

I just did the balloon ride on May 8th. I debated for a long time if I wanted to book it when it was showing 31.99 in my cruise planner. When I finally went to book it right before my cruise the price went to 39.99. I decided not to do it then but my father booked it for us when we got on board the ship (39.99 price). 

Personally, I think it was worth the $40 and it was amazing views, but its something you will probably only do once and never do again. Flight time is a solid 10 min. The balloon can hold up to 30 people but there were only 8 of us on our turn. You are pretty much locked into a circle once inside and you are able to move as long as everyone else moves too ( to keep the balloon balanced). It was pretty breezy when we went up though so  the balloon was turning slowly so that we didnt need to move around ourselves. 

We were told that the price would probably double for everything once the island is 100% finished (december) and if it was $80 a person I dont think its worth it.