Anthem of the Seas - Status Update

Just now, sandebeach said:

Oh no, we are only doing this shirt cruise because my husband has a long-anticipated tee time at Port Royale golf course on Monday. We left South Florida this morning, sitting in the Atlanta airport awaiting our flight to EWR New Jersey. 

Is there anyway to change the tee time for Tuesday - we will likely not leave Bayonne until Sunday late late afternoon into the evening

The ships position @ 11:44 am is due east of West Palm beach.

Traveling @ 22.7 kn.

Its unfortunate for those who need to be off, and those impacted in the delay of their upcoming cruise.

I’m just happy that being retired, any delays are ok.

5 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Is there anyway to change the tee time for Tuesday - we will likely not leave Bayonne until Sunday late late afternoon into the evening

We are just discussing this, we are hoping the ship arrives early enough and is in Bermuda long enough on Tuesday to play.  We are also calling to see if we can get another hotel night for Saturday. 

Just now, sandebeach said:

We are just discussing this, we are hoping the ship arrives early enough and is in Bermuda long enough on Tuesday to play.  We are also calling to see if we can get another hotel night for Saturday. 

Fingers crossed for you!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

Oh no, we are only doing this shirt cruise because my husband has a long-anticipated tee time at Port Royale golf course on Monday. We left South Florida this morning, sitting in the Atlanta airport awaiting our flight to EWR New Jersey. 

I would be calling the hotel now and trying to extend your stay another night.

Thoughts and prayers for the medical emergency.

How disappointing and frustrating for all of you sailing her on the 18th.  You have everything planned out...now you need to find and pay for additional hotel rooms for another night, etc....if you still plan on cruising. Plus your excursions you have booked and just the overall excitement of enjoying your vacation nor ruined. Hope RC communicates with y'all soon.  So sorry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

I would be calling the hotel now and trying to extend your stay another night.

As I indicated above RCCL picked up hotel and expenses when our cruise was delayed also for a medical reason.  Didn't affect us because we lived in NJ at the time.  Call RCCL and see what they will do for you.

Affects the folks currently sailing on her as well as passengers boarding next sailing

Flights, accommodations, meals, parking. So stressful to all as well as cruise workers/staff. This is going to require patience, consideration and understanding from all affected

• Like 2

So I got to find out about this via phone call (while driving to Bayonne) from the hotel we are booked at this evening asking if we wanted to move our port transfer to Sunday... my response was one of utter confusion. I told the hotel employee I would call Royal for more information. Called CS and was told that the ship will not be departing until Sunday, but they have no other info.

HUH?

Edited by JasonMason

4 hours ago, PelicanBill said:

In our case we had to skip out first port from the late departure.  Anthem is next on a 5 day Bermuda. The good news is if Anthem can sail by 2am and push her speed up a little to 22kt she would get to Bermuda at 9am - on time.  So if delayed further it isn't awful.

I am trying to find out what the port conflict would be.... that might be quite a jumble.

And here's hoping RCL handles a late sailing better than NCL.... and you don't have a muster drill at 2 or 3am.  That was simply horrible.

The port conflict is with Celebrity Summit which I am currently on board and scheduled to arrive in Cape Liberty Sunday morning.  Our Captain just informed us that our disembarkation will be delayed and “should” begin at 11AM as Anthem will be docked earlier in the AM.  I am guessing the port will be a cluster f on Sunday

Anthem boards Sunday 7-9pm departs Liberty 11pm

2 days refunded and option to cancel for 100% refund. 25% toward a future cruise.

One day in Bermuda - 9am - 8pm

Edited by dslucas

2 minutes ago, dslucas said:

Anthem boards Sunday 7-9pm departs Liberty 11pm

2 days refunded and option to cancel for 100% refund. 25% toward a future cruise.

One day in Bermuda - 9am - 8pm

Are you cancelling?

Just now, CC Help Jenn said:

Are you cancelling?

I probably would have if it weren’t for my wife’s work schedule. We looked at some upcoming sailings and If we cancel it’s going to be difficult for us to get on another cruise for awhile. I’m glad it’s not just 4-6 hours in Bermuda too. So for now I’ll be there Sunday night (with a cranky infant that’s up past his bedtime) 😂

1 minute ago, dslucas said:

I probably would have if it weren’t for my wife’s work schedule. We looked at some upcoming sailings and If we cancel it’s going to be difficult for us to get on another cruise for awhile. I’m glad it’s not just 4-6 hours in Bermuda too. So for now I’ll be there Sunday night (with a cranky infant that’s up past his bedtime) 😂

I honestly don't think we would get onto another cruise anytime soon either so we are really torn on what to do

FYI, we are on the May 19 sailing of Summit and just received an email stating that our embarkation will be delayed because Anthem is scheduled to arrive and disembark before Summit. They are anticipating a 2pm start for our embarkation at this point.

Here's my opinion from the cheap seats......you couldn't pay me to go the port on Sunday with two cruise ships trying to play the two step.  I actually feel MORE bad from the Celebrity ship because we all know that there is going to be chaos of Royal and Celebrity cruisers overlapping and clogging up the roads, the lots, and the buildings all trying to get to where they want to go.

If you are on this ship plan to arrive to the port LATE 😉

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

Here's my opinion from the cheap seats......you couldn't pay me to go the port on Sunday with two cruise ships trying to play the two step.  I actually feel MORE bad from the Celebrity ship because we all know that there is going to be chaos of Royal and Celebrity cruisers overlapping and clogging up the roads, the lots, and the buildings all trying to get to where they want to go.

If you are on this ship plan to arrive to the port LATE 😉

I'm sure it is going to be an absolute cluster. We're driving, so we're thinking we might head to Jersey in the late morning as previously planned, then check the traffic when we get close and punt if it's too congested. We can always go get lunch or spend a couple of hours at IKEA in Elizabeth if we need to kill time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 70SS350 said:

Now that Summit boards before us we'll probably have to park in the outside lot. 

perhaps

Thinking of carpooling with our inlaws to - that way we only have one car with all the anticipated traffic

44 minutes ago, CC Help Jenn said:

We're driving as well, but since we are boarding AFTER Summit leaves we might be okay - arrive after 8 maybe

Jenn, I just saw your name on here and wanted to wish you and everyone else boarding Anthem on Sunday a very good trip, although shortened.   My thoughts also to those who were medically evacuated from the current sailing; I hope all goes well for them.  

• Like 1

We are on Celebrity Summit 7 day Bermuda, here's the letter we just received.

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard Celebrity Summit® for your 7-Night Bermuda Cruise departing this weekend from Port Cape Liberty, New Jersey. Before we board, we have some important information to share with you.

Yesterday two guests aboard Anthem of the Seas experienced life-threatening medical emergencies which required Anthem to change course and facilitate medical evacuations.  Both guests are now on shore receiving all required medical care.  However, this change in course will require the Anthem to dock in Cape Liberty the morning of May 19th at the time the Celebrity Summit was originally scheduled to arrive for debarkation.

In order to accommodate debarkation and embarkation procedures for both vessels, the Celebrity Summit will now arrive in Port Cape Liberty after Anthem of the Seas.  Embarkation procedures for guests sailing on May 19th have now been scheduled for 2:00 – 3:45 PM. 

Please note, seating is limited within the terminal, to avoid standing in long lines please plan on arriving to the Pier on time.  The Celebrity Summit will depart at 5:00 PM.  All guests must be checked in and onboard 60 minutes prior to our scheduled departure.

We appreciate your understanding under these unique circumstances. As always, our primary concern is the health and safety of our guests and crew.  Once again, we look forward to welcoming you aboard the Celebrity Summit and providing you an unforgettable vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

5 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Jenn, I just saw your name on here and wanted to wish you and everyone else boarding Anthem on Sunday a very good trip, although shortened.   My thoughts also to those who were medically evacuated from the current sailing; I hope all goes well for them.  

Thank you! I have read that those who were evacuated were doing okay/stable so that is positive.  I am glad Royal took their illness/injury (not sure!) seriously.

I am bummed about the shortened cruise, though.  Aside from being on Edge for work a few weeks ago, I haven't cruised in TWO YEARS!!!  We haven't vacationed in two years at all.  I will take 3 full cruise days over no cruise days  🙂   And leaving Bayonne late at night could be neat - just need lots of coffees (or espresso martinis!) to keep me awake.

Perhaps I will find something later in the year to use our cruise credit on!  It will all be good.

• Like 2