Captain's Circle Onboard Program- cocktail parties

For Platinum and Elite, there are daily Cocktail Parties -- buy your own, with slight discounts for a select list of drinks.  Plus some kind of food offerings.  I have not attended one of these for years.

There is the Captain's Welcome Aboard Party, I think it is open to all.  There is the Champagne Waterfall open to all.

Last week on the Ruby they had a gathering in the theater for Gold & Ruby members. They showed a marketing video about the next new ship, then the cruise director and future cruise salesperson came out and talked a bit. There was a drawing for a couple of bottles of champagne and elite amenities in one cabin. The singers from the production shows gave a short performance. Then as we left the theater, they gave us each a coupon for a free drink. There were no ship's officers in attendance as far as I could tell. It was held at 4:00 PM on formal night, and the officers were at the ship-wide event with the champagne fountain in the atrium later that evening. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update on what we experienced on the Star Princess in Alaska last week.  We asked the Future Cruise Consultant if there would be any events that included Ruby members and she said due to the low number of returning guests, there would be a cocktail party that included Ruby and above.  

It was on the 2nd formal night and was about 40 minutes of free drinks.  They introduced the Captain and some other officers and the band was playing for dancing.  

• Like 1

That's nice that they still do the regular cocktail party when there are smaller groups! On the cruise I mentioned above, the Gold & Ruby passengers pretty much filled the theater, so I guess that was the only venue that could hold that many people.

Just got off of Golden Princess from Alaska. We were very surprised to find they had included the Ruby members with the Platinum and Elite Captain's Circle party. We had never seen that happen before.

10 hours ago, Thrak said:

Just got off of Golden Princess from Alaska. We were very surprised to find they had included the Ruby members with the Platinum and Elite Captain's Circle party. We had never seen that happen before.

Their drink sales must have been down. 😏

It won't be long before it includes everyone. 

Edited by MissP22

4 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

Cocktail party I find is really no big deal..... sales stuff and one or two free drinks......

But the nightly canapés  for platinum, elite and suite  guests....is a goodie

It always nice and good selection of nibbles ..

and a relax before dinner

Cheers Don

I agree, we enjoy that also. Always a nice start for the evening! 

13 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

On the Sapphire Princess in August. Where do they hold the nightly canapés and drinks? What time too?

Canapes are available for platinum, elite and suite guests and are delivered to the room.

For platinums and elites there is also usually an evening happy hour with some light appetizers and a drink special every night, you can check the Patter onboard for the details.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cougaraz said:

Canapes are available for platinum, elite and suite guests and are delivered to the room.

For platinums and elites there is also usually an evening happy hour with some light appetizers and a drink special every night, you can check the Patter onboard for the details.

Platinum ... are you sure ??

Suites for sure - just order the day before to be delivered

15 hours ago, Scorpio41 said:

On the Sapphire Princess in August. Where do they hold the nightly canapés and drinks? What time too?

It's in Skywalker Lounge 4:30-6:30 PM. The Captain Circle Party for Platinum  / Elite / Suite will be in the Vista Lounge. However, although you will get 1 drink, good luck on getting a second or canapes.  They run out fast

You will find plenty of canapes, hors d'oeuvres, drinks at both the Welcome Aboard + Captains Party open to all in the Piazza (before & during pouring 'champagne' on the tower) 

At least that's how it was on the Sapphire November 2018 & Star March 2019.

• Like 1

By everybody comments.... things are not consistence across the fleet..........

We have only been on the Golden....out of Australia..

The nightly canapas  started at 5-7pm  then on the last two cruises 4.30-6.30pm

No free drinks... but there was a nightly special....

Also food has always been plentiful.....

( with a different special each night changing over 7 nights )

Captains Cocktail party is a free drink or two and a few hors d'oeuvres.

Welcome aboard ( champagne waterfall ) has only been free drinks

Cheers Don

Let's not confuse the events.

The Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge is a "perk" for those guests, held nightly - except the night of the Captain's Circle parties 

The Captain's Circle parties/events are - usually - Gold/Ruby in theater or large lounge, short sales pitch, etc a d a couple drink coupons handed out. 

The Captain's Circle parties, with officers, free drinks, most traveled passeneger announced, etc are - usually - for Platinum and Elite, a d depending on how many they number, there may be more than one. Usually held in Vista lounge or similar. 

When there's not very many if Platinum/Elites, they - sometimes - invite Ruby to the Captain's Circle party, with the officers and such.  It's not often, but it does happen .. 

My post was confusing.  Skywalkers has plenty of food. Cheese, crackers, dried fruit, nuts, 1 or 2 themed additions (nachos, sushi, samosas, lox & cream cheese, they had meat but I am a vegetarian so I don't remember that). Drinks are NOT comped

It's the Captains Party that runs out of food but drinks comped

Edited for clarity, these are 2 separate events. 1 daily, other 1 per cruise.

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Elite / Suite cocktails in Skywalker Lounge 4:30-6:30 PM.

The Captain Circle Party for Platinum  / Elite / Suite will be in the Vista Lounge. However, although you will get 1 drink, good luck on getting a second or canapes.  They run out fast

Edited by Ombud

6 hours ago, Ombud said:

My post was confusing.  Skywalkers has plenty of food. Cheese, crackers, dried fruit, nuts, 1 or 2 themed additions (nachos, sushi, samosas, lox & cream cheese, they had meat but I am a vegetarian so I don't remember that). Drinks are NOT comped

It's the Captains Party that runs out of food but drinks comped

Edited for clarity, these are 2 separate events. 1 daily, other 1 per cruise.

Beef Tartare, and Port and Stilton, are our favourite specials. We don't participate every night but it is nice sometimes, especially on ships that have Skywalkers.

We've given up going to the Captain's Circle events. It's too hard to get a decent drink and we always seemed to end up in the the spot the canape waiters ignored.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It's too hard to get a decent drink and we always seemed to end up in the the spot the canape waiters ignored.

We've always have had them offered but I turn them down. They're just not worth the trouble just before dinner.