Oasis Lagoon on Coco Cay

I have never been to a land based resort so I really have no way to compare any of those pools to the Oasis Lagoon on Coco Cay. With that said, I was BLOWN AWAY by the Oasis Lagoon.  It is the most beautiful and innovative creation I have ever seen. I love the zero entry at one end of the pool which makes it feel as though you are entering the water in a beach setting. I've seen a pool with the same type of entry but not nearly as large as the Oasis Lagoon. The three islands of palm trees and lush landscape in the pool is absolutely glorious. The sheer size of the pool is breathtaking. Then there are the music speakers so you can listen to music when underwater. The swim up bar and huge Tiki Hut is another feature that is just perfect. I've seen swim up bars in photos and have experienced them on a couple of cruise ships but this swim up bar is just gorgeous. We had the most delicious Pina Colada there and I enjoyed it more probably because I was so comfortable with my lower half in the gorgeous fresh water. The in the water loungers is another feature of this Oasis that really was a perfect way to spend the day.

So much thought went into the creation and layout of this pool, I have Royal Caribbean to thank for making our Day at Cocoa Cay the most perfect day I could have imagined. The weather cooperated and made for a wonderful day for everyone on the May 27th voyage of the Mariner OTS.

• Like 8

Do you have any feedback on the cabanas?  We are looking to book one, but there is so little information since its so new.  We aren't sure if it will be too noisy or crowded in the cabana section.

51 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Then there are the music speakers so you can listen to music when underwater.

Sounds like something not that necessary.....🙄

53 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

I was so comfortable with my lower half in the gorgeous fresh water.

😱

3 hours ago, Altiec said:

Do you have any feedback on the cabanas?  We are looking to book one, but there is so little information since its so new.  We aren't sure if it will be too noisy or crowded in the cabana section.

The cabanas are behind all the loungers so it is not so easy to see the pool from the cabanas. We did not book a cabana but I'm glad we didn't. I loved lounging in the in pool lounger.

As for noise.....the cabanas are close enough to the swim up bar which has music which is loud. We sat directly opposite the swim up bar so the music was quite loud. I would imagine the cabanas would not be subjected to such loud music as they are further away from the bar.The other end of the Oasis pool is subjected to the music but it it not nearly as loud there as it was where we sat.

Edited by coffeebean

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

The in the water loungers is another feature of this Oasis that really was a perfect way to spend the day.

The Oasis Lagoon sounds amazing. Thanks for your review.  Did you have to pay for the water loungers?

Edited by Bsmeme
Correct wording

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I have never been to a land based resort so I really have no way to compare any of those pools to the Oasis Lagoon on Coco Cay. With that said, I was BLOWN AWAY by the Oasis Lagoon.  It is the most beautiful and innovative creation I have ever seen. I love the zero entry at one end of the pool which makes it feel as though you are entering the water in a beach setting. I've seen a pool with the same type of entry but not nearly as large as the Oasis Lagoon. The three islands of palm trees and lush landscape in the pool is absolutely glorious. The sheer size of the pool is breathtaking. Then there are the music speakers so you can listen to music when underwater. The swim up bar and huge Tiki Hut is another feature that is just perfect. I've seen swim up bars in photos and have experienced them on a couple of cruise ships but this swim up bar is just gorgeous. We had the most delicious Pina Colada there and I enjoyed it more probably because I was so comfortable with my lower half in the gorgeous fresh water. The in the water loungers is another feature of this Oasis that really was a perfect way to spend the day.

So much thought went into the creation and layout of this pool, I have Royal Caribbean to thank for making our Day at Cocoa Cay the most perfect day I could have imagined. The weather cooperated and made for a wonderful day for everyone on the May 27th voyage of the Mariner OTS.

I love your review! This makes me more anxious than before. Thank you!

It's reasonable to assume when you have a private island with several thousand cruise ship passengers on it...one might experience music, noise, kids screaming, yelling, loud laughing, and other non-solitude moments. Of course those all apply for nearly any tourist venue around the world. Noise cancelling headphones mitigate most sources of "noise" for those seeking unrealistic quiet.

11 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It's reasonable to assume when you have a private island with several thousand cruise ship passengers on it...one might experience music, noise, kids screaming, yelling, loud laughing, and other non-solitude moments. Of course those all apply for nearly any tourist venue around the world. Noise cancelling headphones mitigate most sources of "noise" for those seeking unrealistic quiet.

In my experience Labadee is pretty quiet for the most part.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

In my experience Labadee is pretty quiet for the most part.

Having been there a couple of times as well...our experience is "it depends".

Agree that there are certainly a few more secluded places there that increase the odds of some quiet periods...but we've also heard all the same sounds as found on other resort locations in the Caribbean for sure. There's no realistic way to forecast what the passenger behavior will be prior to arrival at one of these places. Sometimes ya get lucky...other times...

At Oasis Lagoon...with the floating bar and huge pool area...my lunch money would bet against it being "quiet" 90% of the time.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

5 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Especially those visited by North Americans!🙄

Apparently you haven't been to Europe...in addition to the noise...you can add pushing, shoving, and pickpockets to the joy of touristy places there. It's all well documented online. Still...plenty of people visit there (too).

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Apparently you haven't been to Europe...in addition to the noise...you can add pushing, shoving, and pickpockets to the joy of touristy places there. It's all well documented online. Still...plenty of people visit there (too).

🤣😂🤣

Never had a noise problem at the beach in Europe or in Labadee for that matter......👍

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

On 6/1/2019 at 1:54 PM, coffeebean said:

Very nice report!

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Especially those visited by North Americans!🙄

It never gets old.

You should visit Normandy this week and take a second to reflect on the lovely day 7,000 Americans visited the beaches and ended up staying. 

20190521_192636.thumb.jpg.90742006bfa92ed4ed745b215ad7e61a.jpg

Plenty of Canadians as well, just up the road

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 4