What Happens if Guests 1&2 cancel and we are 3&4

Sula Lato

We are traveling  with another couple under 3&4 guests free (port charges).  They may have to cancel, so can we takeover the reservation they have paid for already (past final payment)?  They would not get a refund, but could we keep the cabin? Also wood we get/have to keep their amenities? Any help is appreciated.

As long as the booking isn't canceled and is paid in full you are good to go. You are still the 3rd and 4th passengers so you do not inherit and "free at sea" offers the first two passengers were eligible for.

The no shows will have port charges refunded to the method of payment.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

As long as the booking isn't canceled and is paid in full you are good to go. You are still the 3rd and 4th passengers so you do not inherit and "free at sea" offers the first two passengers were eligible for.

The no shows will have port charges refunded to the method of payment.

Not so fast.

I remember a post from some time ago where passenger number two cancelled after final payment and passenger number three then found out she was responsible for what would have been her fare as second passenger (also third passenger and fourth passenger free in room  deal).

You need to talk to NCL about this, especially if passengers one and two plan to make a claim under any trip insurance they may have.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Not so fast.

I remember a post from some time ago where passenger number two cancelled after final payment and passenger number three then found out she was responsible for what would have been her fare as second passenger (also third passenger and fourth passenger free in room  deal).

You need to talk to NCL about this, especially if passengers one and two plan to make a claim under any trip insurance they may have.

Not so fast, either!

If you call NCL they will be obliged to cancel the whole reservation and rebook the cabin for #3 & #4 who will need to pay the whole fare. That's the DOUBLE the cost that is in NCL's favour!

I agree with Paul Bogle. Pax #1 and #2 might still be able to claim the fare via their insurance.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sula Lato said:

We are traveling  with another couple under 3&4 guests free (port charges).  They may have to cancel, so can we takeover the reservation they have paid for already (past final payment)?  They would not get a refund, but could we keep the cabin? Also wood we get/have to keep their amenities? Any help is appreciated.

Are you just trying to "keep the cabin" and planning to repay the other couple, so you don't lose this cabin at the original rate?

GC

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

What about switching 1 & 2 with 3 & 4 before 1 & 2 cancel their cruise, wouldn't that eliminate the whole question of who's 1 & 2, or is that even possible?

They are past final payment. 

My point is that third and fourth passengers on the booking will not be denied boarding because the first and second passengers on the booking are no-shows. 

If first and second passengers file an insurance claim later, could that constitute insurance fraud? 

That is a legal question neither I nor the vast majority of posters on this board have the expertise to answer. It's a fair point to raise but not directly relevant to the op's question as filing such a claim isn't mentioned.

Edited by Paul Bogle

Perhaps they can ask about switching passenger number two with numbers three or four under the guise of giving them the promos instead of the current number two.  That way when the fist couple doesn't show there is still a passenger number two which may prevent the problems associated with the first two not showing or cancelling.

Edited by Até

They are not claiming insurance, and yes, we would pay them back if we can take over the reservation without NCL cancelling the cabin.  Our fear is that we would end up paying NCL and #1&2 losing their funds on top of it.  It seems the best move is to change order of pax so they are #3&4 and as such they lose only port fees I think.  Thank you all for your help in figuring it out.  I will contact PCC to see about changing Pax order.  Once I find out for sure, I will update this thread.

Edited by Sula Lato

• 1 month later...

Probably doesn't help you but I was in a situation where my assigned roommate (this was booked with a group)decided not to go. I was worried I would have to pay the single supplement. I didn't. You aren't supposed to tell the cruise "My roommate canceled".