What are your experiences letting RC pick your cabin?

Trying to book an economical cruise and debating whether to select the option to let RC select your cabin for a lower fee.  Thinking of two interior cabins that do no necessary need to be close together or even on the same deck.  If doing this, am I destined to end up with cabins on level 2 or 3?

I would just assume that I would be in the "worst" location for that cabin class.  If you are ok with those less favorable cabin locations or just aren't picky then go for it!  

I've never tried this option as I'm not confident in their choice(s).  Plus I have to research the cabin before I book, because I'm crazy like that! 🙂

If you're trying to save a few bucks, I'd personally do it in another area. 🙂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Merion_Mom said:

Check your prices carefully.  The last three cruises I was pricing online, the "pick  your own cabin" option was CHEAPER than "let RC pick your cabin".  😮

I have also noticed that on occasion.

We've been fortunate with our interior gty's.  Got deck 10 on Oasis in 2017 and just got a deck 7 virtual balcony for Harmony in 2 weeks (not worth anything to us really but it's technically an upgrade over a regular interior and we'll get to check it out).

Also, if you're unaware, once you get your assignment you can immediately call and ask if there are any available cabins in the same class.  If so, you can switch to those.  We could have moved to 5-6 others this cruise but we happened to like the one we got.

We just booked a guaranty cabin for a cruise next year.  We typically go for inside, mid ship and low deck for motion sickness and because the husband needs near complete darkness to sleep well.  I am hoping we get one of these cabins in the "worst location" as those are exactly what we look for!

1 hour ago, MandyMooToo said:

We just booked a guaranty cabin for a cruise next year.  We typically go for inside, mid ship and low deck for motion sickness and because the husband needs near complete darkness to sleep well.  I am hoping we get one of these cabins in the "worst location" as those are exactly what we look for!

Thats awesome!  You are exactly who RCL wants and definitely no complaints if you get a 'worst location'  I haven't booked a 'we pick' yet but am going to do a Balc guarantee on Oasis class and I'm also not picky 

• Like 1

We have done several interior guarantees and have been assigned rooms all over the place. We were fine with the risk we were taking though. As someone mentioned previously, if rooms are available, you can move within the same category that you were assigned. You also may get selected to bid for a better room. We were just on Harmony and "won" a bid that moved us from the lowest interior category to a central park interior view for $30 pp.

• Like 1

I have had a few guarantee cabins.  Never had a problem but I also am not picky about cabin location.  Once I even got an outside cabin for my “inside guarantee”.  Also, on Quantum I booked a solo balcony cabin guarantee and ended up with a regular balcony cabin on deck 12 in the vicinity of Adventure Ocean.  Thought it would be a problem but it was absolutely fine.  Guess I have been lucky.  Katherine 

I had great luck. I reserved a balcony room at a good price, noted a month later it was just a few hundred more to upgrade to guarantee suite, also noting that there were no junior suites available online. I checked the cruise a lot over those few weeks watching prices and room availability.  I booked over the phone and the agent confirmed they were sold out but I knew I might end up with a JS. I still wasn't holding my breath to go from a balcony to a Grand suite or higher. Two weeks later our Set Sail passes updated with Deck 6 and "Sky Class" so fingers were crossed it would stay the same. At 30 days we were notified that we were in a Grand Suite. I did awesome getting all the Sky class suite benefits for a few hundred over the balcony rate.