Trump administration puts new restrictions on Cuba travel

fstuff1

sigh.. i posted this thread first about the issue but the other thread is getting all the replies.

i hate when that happens. :classic_angry:

mods- lock this thread since the other thread is now the obvious choice to talk about the subject

6 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

sigh.. i posted this thread first about the issue but the other thread is getting all the replies.

i hate when that happens. :classic_angry:

mods- lock this thread since the other thread is now the obvious choice to talk about the subject

WAHHH I was here first.  You will respect my authoritie!

• Like 2

Looks like Costa Maya is the winner for this cruise. From the RCI board. I’m sure NCL is working on a plan as well.

Cuba Travel Update - Just in from Royal Caribbean - The Majesty of the Seas sails tomorrow and was supposed to go to Havana. Will now go to Costa Maya. It would now appear that all Royal Caribbean sailings to Cuba have or are being rerouted from having any stops in Cuba..

Per Royal Caribbean - Passengers on the sailing tomorrow on the Majesty of the Seas are getting a refund in the value of 50% per stateroom of your cruise fare paid as a credit to your onboard account. And, if you have any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for Havana, you'll also receive a refund in the form of a credit. You may use these credits anywhere onboard and if you don't use them, they'll be refunded back onto your credit card on file.

Will update as we get word from the other vendors.

26 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Looks like Costa Maya is the winner for this cruise. From the RCI board. I’m sure NCL is working on a plan as well.

Cuba Travel Update - Just in from Royal Caribbean - The Majesty of the Seas sails tomorrow and was supposed to go to Havana. Will now go to Costa Maya. It would now appear that all Royal Caribbean sailings to Cuba have or are being rerouted from having any stops in Cuba..

Per Royal Caribbean - Passengers on the sailing tomorrow on the Majesty of the Seas are getting a refund in the value of 50% per stateroom of your cruise fare paid as a credit to your onboard account. And, if you have any pre-paid Royal Caribbean International shore excursions for Havana, you'll also receive a refund in the form of a credit. You may use these credits anywhere onboard and if you don't use them, they'll be refunded back onto your credit card on file.

Considering this was something beyond RCCL control the compensation is very generous imo 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, njkate said:

Considering this was something beyond RCCL control the compensation is very generous imo 

Agree. Very generous considering the situation but I am glad to see this. Considering how disappointed many will be, hopefully this will take away some of the sting.

I hope NCL takes their cue from RCCL and offers something. Honestly,  still happy to be going on vacation, and any cruise is better than no cruise, but I am very sad to be missing Cuba, especially for a port that I’ve been to multiple times on a ship that o would not have picked if it hadn’t been for the itinerary. Obviously I understand that it’s out of NCL’s control and that poets are always subject to change, but some sort of feature would be nice. I leave Monday, so I’m just waiting to see where I’m headed. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

Royal rocks! NCL should take a page from their book as far as compensation goes. It is always the same thing...offer nothing or 25%....people scream on all social media, go to the press, watch it on every newscast/newspaper and then NCL ups their offer. They should do the right thing from the get-go and avoid all the bad press.

8 hours ago, babynurse06 said:

Obviously I understand that it’s out of NCL’s control and that poets are always subject to change,  

In fact, poets sometimes champion change.  Think Bob Dylan.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

Not terribly concerned about the drop of the stock, all the cruise line stocks have been dropping the past week of so, my concern is for those who booked a cruise just to see Cuba. They all must be so disappointed. But please don't let the thread go political. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nic6318 said:

Yes, this is a cruising site and it is unfortunate how "politics" can even affect our vacation plans. If were a war or major climate event then we could understandably discuss it. 

Yes, politics do affect travel plans, but I find that the message boards that are strict on a “no political discussion” rule are the most enjoyable ones to be on.  People get hostile fast whenever politics are brought up, no matter their affiliation.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kingkonig said:

Yes, politics do affect travel plans, but I find that the message boards that are strict on a “no political discussion” rule are the most enjoyable ones to be on.  People get hostile fast whenever politics are brought up, no matter their affiliation.  

Hi

Yes, but you have to realize that what appears to some as "war" would be considered "politics" to others. So it becomes more that certain "political" conversations are not allowed. Sometimes it just ignores reality. Just as on this site itself, many times it has been discussed that people from most of the world can and still do visit Cuba, and in fact cruise ships were stopping in Cuba even before the major cruise lines were allowed. 

I'm hoping this thread will stay active as you discuss the cruise related issues stemming from this decision to ban travel to Cuba ...I know it's a fine line between politics and being disappointed when a much anticipated cruise to Cuba cannot sail but as you saw the other thread got very nasty and political and that is not acceptable.

Host Carolyn

• Like 1

18 hours ago, njkate said:

How long have you lived in Snead's Ferry?  I was living there from 1977 - 1981.  At the time it was in Brown's trailer park, on the left shortly before approaching the back gate of LeJeune.

40 minutes ago, Birdie And Sue said:

How long have you lived in Snead's Ferry?  I was living there from 1977 - 1981.  At the time it was in Brown's trailer park, on the left shortly before approaching the back gate of LeJeune.

Two years but I’m moving to Savannah next week as there isn’t much to do in sneads Ferry lol