Why is it so difficult to make a payment through HAL's site?

kantonburg

Wanted to make a payment through their site and it's a perpetual cycle of login, go to account, manage booking, make payment.  That takes me to another login page and the cycle starts again.  Three different browsers and all the same.  Made payments in the past, but HAL's site is flat out terrible.

I'd rather wait a day than call and wait on hold for 30 minutes to make a payment.  

The payment portion of the website has not worked for me for 9 days. I have trouble hearing via phone but I did call. I was transferred twice. The second transfer disconnected me. As a customer / stakeholder is very frustrating and unacceptable. I’ve sent emails to various depts as well as leaving feedback on the website. Very sad situation. 

Edited by freestyling

I posted this question last week and I'm still having problems and experiencing the same thing as the OP. Come on Holland America, fix your non-user friendly website before you lose more customers due to their frustrations with it!

The HAL website just  like their accounting system is steaming full speed astern and has been for over a year now.

At this rate the whole of the HAL IT department will disappear in a cloud of pink slips when the  cash flow dries up due to frustrated customers voting with their wallets.

Well done Orlando, almost single handed destruction of an outstanding corporation. You should learn from how Jeff Bezos handles customer complaints, sending a legitimate e-mail to "Jeff at amazon.com " will get an immediate response from a senior manager within 24 hours. Orlando is too busy looking for celebrity photo opportunities to bother with such mundane matters as customer satisfaction.

Edited by old mike
punctuation
  • Like 2

I've been having the same problem as the OP.  I have 2 cruises booked and just need to see the final payment dates, which are located in the payment section.  Luckily I have plenty of time, as my next cruises are in April, 2020 and November, 2020.  I will just have to keep waiting...  It's frustrating.

Edited by Taters

31 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I was able to make my initial deposit through the Make A Payment screen. I had a cruise on curtesy hold, it worked fine.  I did it on IE surprisingly.

The problem is users can't get to the Make A Payment screen.  When I log in and click on My Bookings, I see the link to Manage Payments.  Once I click on Manage Payments, the site takes me to the shore excursion section when it used to take me to the accounting page where I could see how much I still owe.  Then I could make a payment, but unfortunately, the site isn't linking correctly.  From previous posts, it appears I am not the only one having problems.  I plan to call my PCC and have her post the payment for me.  Like another poster, I am months out from the cruise, but I like to pay installments, so my bank account doesn't feel the big pinch later.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sevenseasnomad said:

The problem is users can't get to the Make A Payment screen.  When I log in and click on My Bookings, I see the link to Manage Payments.  Once I click on Manage Payments, the site takes me to the shore excursion section when it used to take me to the accounting page where I could see how much I still owe.  Then I could make a payment, but unfortunately, the site isn't linking correctly.  From previous posts, it appears I am not the only one having problems.  I plan to call my PCC and have her post the payment for me.  Like another poster, I am months out from the cruise, but I like to pay installments, so my bank account doesn't feel the big pinch later.

so bizarre. I followed the same steps, logging in then into my booking and then manage payments.  Confirmed bookings my have a different link though which is obviously broken.  I totally get you on making payments.

I just made a final payment 10 minutes ago without a problem. There are 2 "Make a Payment" spots showing when you look at the first page shown for your booking.  One is on the top of the page, and one is on the left side with a lot of other choices. I have always used the top of the page spot without a problem. I am using Safari. Hope this may help....🤔

Penny

P.S. I don't go through "Already Booked", I go to "My Account"

Edited by PSR

I just got a payment to go through.  Somehow "Make a Payment" showed up on the main account page.  The main page where you can book excursions shows your ship and room.  I've tried several times and cannot get back to the page to make an actual payment.  Pure luck of the draw tonight.  Website still sucks.

Well we have been in Maui at our condo for a month! On May 15th I called my PCC

in regards to a cruise we wanted to book ! 

Bottom line when I would go to place a deposit down no luck!!!! Had to be on hold with HAL to do it. At that time HAL had know idea anything was wrong! Been home since May 30 and still problems 🙄

What is going ???

Demise😊

• Like 1

This is my procedure:

-My Account (not Already Booked), go to

-My Bookings, go to

-Manage Payments, this will take you to a re-login site, so login again and you should see Find  Booking if you have more than one

-Choose the booking number if you have more than one, this will take you to the main booking page for your cruise, with info to choose shorex, daily itinerary, etc.

-On the top right are 3 items: Checkin..Make Payment..Promo Code

-Choose Make Payment and you should go to a page that shows details on your cruise bking and a place to enter any payments you want to make

Not sure if this will work for those of you with problems, but I understand because until I updated my desktop a few months ago I couldn't book anything on the HAL website. Now I can, but it sure is hard to choose a cabin, unlike the ease of the past.

If you turned your reservation over to a travel agency, you must go through them for any payments.  Not sure this is the case for people having issues, but thought I would mention that fact.....

2 hours ago, PSR said:

This is my procedure:

I have done the steps you suggest, but I only have Checkin and Promo Code available.  There is no option there for Make Payment on my screen.  

3 hours ago, PSR said:

This is my procedure:

-My Account (not Already Booked), go to

-My Bookings, go to

-Manage Payments, this will take you to a re-login site, so login again and you should see Find  Booking if you have more than one

-Choose the booking number if you have more than one, this will take you to the main booking page for your cruise, with info to choose shorex, daily itinerary, etc.

-Choose Make Payment and you should go to a page that shows details on your cruise bking and a place to enter any payments you want to make

Not sure if this will work for those of you with problems, but I understand because until I updated my desktop a few months ago I couldn't book anything on the HAL website. Now I can, but it sure is hard to choose a cabin, unlike the ease of the past.

I was able to replicate this several times and it worked.  Even if you only have one booking.  The trick is to click "Do you have another booking"  Once you enter the booking number and you last name "Make Payment" appears on the page.  Completely idiotic  way to go about it.

Untitled.jpg

Edited by kantonburg

I was able to get to the payment screen from my booking screen.  When I clicked manage booking, and signed in, one of the options was "make final payment".  It took me to the payment screen - I was concerned that it would only accept payment in full, but it also gave me the option to pay "other amount"

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I have done the steps you suggest, but I only have Checkin and Promo Code available.  There is no option there for Make Payment on my screen.  

My problem also...but on only ONE of my bookings...the other one shows the Make Payment option but it is already paid in full!  Sheesh! BTW, the website is really messed up this morning, most of the things I wanted to do got met with the " There was a problem completing your request, please try again later" error message.

2 hours ago, kantonburg said:

I was able to replicate this several times and it worked.  Even if you only have one booking.  The trick is to click "Do you have another booking"  Once you enter the booking number and you last name "Make Payment" appears on the page.  Completely idiotic  way to go about it.

Agree!! But it does work...

3 hours ago, kantonburg said:

Untitled.jpg

I tried this and I still get the picture above.  Apparently, HAL is giving me my cruise for free.  Can't complain about that.

Let me add to the chorus of concerned people who are unable to make payments on the Holland America Line website.  I try to be fair in any criticism that is given to HAL, as I have, generally speaking, been treated quite well by the employees of Holland America Line.  This "new and improved website", however, is a complete disaster.  I must be a very gullible person, as I still believe that changes in any organization are an attempt to do a better job for its customers and clients.  It's unbelievable that an organization like HAL (whose head office is in Seattle) cannot solve its information technology problems.  I would be quite concerned when customers, who want to pay money to a business are unable to do so.  I'm guessing that these kinds of problems are affecting the "bottom line" of the organization.  In my humble opinion, these kinds of problems need to be fixed as soon as possible.  Even the most loyal of customers will look at alternatives if their frustrations continue to grow without any credible attempts to solve these organizational problems.