Paparazzi

20 hours ago, fdthird said:

No wall of photos anymore.  Only you can see them on a computer monitor. 

That's scary because they use facial recognition to match your pics to the sea pass photo.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LukeyC said:

Hey---I'm not new to cruising, but I my first cruise with Royal Caribbean is around the corner.  I have a question.  One of my pet peeves on cruises is when there are photographers everywhere wanting to take pics.  It makes me feel like they're paparazzi or something.  Also, well, I'm sort of a private person, and I don't enjoy pictures of me being displayed for everyone to see-especially if they don't look flattering.  Does RC do the paparazzi thing?  How and where did you notice the photographers?  How/where/when were their photos displayed?  Were you able to decline having them taken, or were the employees pushy about it?  (I've had before where I politely declined and they were rude and pushy! I know they just want to make money, but they don't realize that I won't buy a picture I dislike.)  I just sort of wanted to know what to expect.  Thanks! 🙂

I simply tell them I am in witness protection and if they take my picture I will have to destroy the camera!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MixerDave said:

That's scary because they use facial recognition to match your pics to the sea pass photo.

they ask for your stateroom number so that your photos are all in your own account.   You access your photos by swiping your seapass card at the photo kiosk.  At least that’s the way it’s done on Anthem!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Croozin Soozin said:

they ask for your stateroom number so that your photos are all in your own account.   You access your photos by swiping your seapass card at the photo kiosk.  At least that’s the way it’s done on Anthem!

I have never been asked for my cabin number.  Photos taken of a group will appear in both peoples "folder"  I asked at the photo gallery and was told that was how it was done.

• Like 1

Not sure what photographers have been taking most of the pictures people have mentioned but on Anthem we have had many pictures taken at the specialty restaurants and they never show the food in front of us.  We have purchased the photo package (I know, it is too expensive) the last couple of cruises and so we look for the photographers.  Some of the best pictures have been seated in a restaurant or silly pictures during the evening picture rush most people do. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 6:15 PM, wwcruisers said:

Don't know if this is fleet-wide, but when we were on Indy, earlier this year, the racks of photos were gone! In their place, are multiple photo viewing kiosks, where you can view your photos (and only yours), using your SeaPass card. And, of course, if you are just objecting to having your activities interrupted by the ship photographers, a simple 'No thank you' works every time!

We're going on Indy, so this makes me feel better!  I love that the privacy is maintained with the kiosk! 🙂

11 hours ago, LukeyC said:

To get especially embarrassing pictures, of course!

The few times I've noticed them, they seem to concentrate on folks who can ride fairly well and catch them in action shots which they will want to buy.

Biker, who has been getting his Flowrider pic as the free perk pic lately.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LukeyC said:

To get especially embarrassing pictures, of course!

That's why Mrs CRUISEFAN is my "official photographer" when on the Flowrider, iFly, and similar activities on any ship.

Despite limited photography experience...with a quality camera...she has taken some impressive photos and HD video both, and nothing embarrassing for her husband. 👍

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

OK -- so in my earlier post, I said that a polite 'No thank you' works every time. Well, almost every time.....

18 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

Right about that time, I felt a large hand close around my arm,  pulling me off balance. I recognized the person grabbing me, as one of the ship photographers. Trust me, this TALL guy (over 6'6") stood out in a crowd! He was dressed as a pirate, and was doing a good job of playing that role. I quickly regained by balance, and pulled away from him, screaming (at the top of my lungs) "Let me go! Get your hands off of me!" . My DH heard the commotion and came back for me -- telling the 'pirate' that he would deal with him later. And, he did. As soon as we returned from our excursion, DH went to the person in charge of the photo studio and told him what happened, and that he did not want to even see THAT photographer on the ship, for the rest of our cruise.

seems like an overreaction to me. Seems that he took you by the arm to offer you a pic with a pirate, but you went banshee crazy on him instead of the polite "no, thank you" you are talking about at the beginning of your post.

On to the point: we were on Allure recently, and the photographers politely offered their services, especially in the Central Park (a lovely location for pics).

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

3 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

seems like an overreaction to me. Seems that he took you by the arm to offer you a pic with a pirate, but you went banshee crazy on him instead of the polite "no, thank you" you are talking about at the beginning of your post.

On to the point: we were on Allure recently, and the photographers politely offered their services, especially in the Central Park (a lovely location for pics).

Nope -- no overreaction. I was grabbed and pulled off balance -- I nearly fell. In a court of law in the US -- that constitutes misdemeanor battery. Did I mention that I'm a 5'1 female senior citizen -- and this guy was over 6'6"? How would you feel if your mother was walking though a crowd, and someone -- no matter what their intentions -- did that to her? Given the circumstances, it was an entirely appropriate response on my part. That was confirmed by the the reaction of the other passengers (total strangers) around me, at the time. Nobody could believe that the photographer did that to me. You can read it any way you want. But, I was there -- you were not.

Edited by wwcruisers

I agree with not-enough.  I get way more touching, feeling going thru the TSA security, even when I tell them I have a metal knee they still touch and feel all over.  I know on Anthem they take pictures at iFly at certain times, not all day so getting your taken would depend on when you flew.  Don't do flow rider but have never seen a photographer there so they must be there when we are not at iFly.

It's not difficult. Just say no thank you.  

Rogues galleries disappeared years ago.   Photographs are not displayed anywhere.  You have to give your consent before someone takes a photo and afterwards they will ask to see your sea pass/cabin number.  The photo will be digitally stored and only you have access to view it via your sea pass which you have to scan into the machines at the photo gallery.  

1 hour ago, livylotte said:

It's not difficult. Just say no thank you.  

Rogues galleries disappeared years ago.   Photographs are not displayed anywhere.  You have to give your consent before someone takes a photo and afterwards they will ask to see your sea pass/cabin number.  The photo will be digitally stored and only you have access to view it via your sea pass which you have to scan into the machines at the photo gallery.  

Not true. Some ships still do it the old way. Actual pictures on the wall. Still trying to figure out which are mine. Lol