The big question on Cuba

pinkie60

Now that we are mostly happy about our monetary compensation, we must beg the question “where in heck are we going”?  Please Norwegian if you’re reading this, please not Nassau or Freeport. I’d like Cozumel, Porta Maya, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Jamaica, and even Labadee.  😩

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, pinkie60 said:

Now that we are mostly happy about our monetary compensation, we must beg the question “where in heck are we going”?  Please Norwegian if you’re reading this, please not Nassau or Freeport. I’d like Cozumel, Porta Maya, Puerto Rico, Grand Turk, Jamaica, and even Labadee.  😩

GM pinkie......I heard, unofficially of course, this am....Nassau 

7 hours ago, pinkie60 said:

Prior to the invention of Cuba, the 4-night cruise use to be Nassau, Freeport and GSC. And the 3-night use to be Nassau and GSC. Since it is off season, they have been using Key West as one of the stops. 

23 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Prior to the invention of Cuba, the 4-night cruise use to be Nassau, Freeport and GSC. And the 3-night use to be Nassau and GSC. Since it is off season, they have been using Key West as one of the stops. 

I wouldn’t mind Key West. Last year I did a Key West and Cozumel on the Victory. I liked that itinerary. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, smplybcause said:

Well Labadee is privately owned by Royal - so you won't be going there. 

Princess has leased their "private island Princess Cays" out to other non CCL lines. I don't think NCL will be going there but it is not impossible.

3 minutes ago, jstcruizin said:

I heard it was key west and 2 sea days.

It can't just go to Key West (in the US). It must go to a foreign port, most likely in the Bahamas.

It is possible that not every cruise will have the same itinerary due to docking availability.

Edited by Coral

I just received an email from NCL that had the itineraries.  See attachment  Now to figure out what to do in Freeport and Nassau. But more importantly, where to go with  "a 50% future cruise credit".  I am hoping this means 50% off a cruise vs. 50% of what I paid for my Cuba cruise as a credit towards a future cruise.

CUBA LETTER.pdf

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 20YearsBetweenCruises said:

I just received an email from NCL that had the itineraries.  See attachment  Now to figure out what to do in Freeport and Nassau. But more importantly, where to go with  "a 50% future cruise credit".  I am hoping this means 50% off a cruise vs. 50% of what I paid for my Cuba cruise as a credit towards a future cruise.

CUBA LETTER.pdf 67.1 kB · 3 downloads

The future cruise credit is 50% of what you paid for the Cuba cruise.  The amount is added to your NCL Latitudes account after you complete the cruise.  To apply it to a new cruise booking, you or your travel agent have to call NCL.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

The future cruise credit is 50% of what you paid for the Cuba cruise.  The amount is added to your NCL Latitudes account after you complete the cruise.  To apply it to a new cruise booking, you or your travel agent have to call NCL.

I agree that is more likely, but they should really work on the wording to state that clearly!  Either way, I am happy, but would be more happy to get 50% off a cruise:)

For those who've rec'd the email regarding compensation, does it specify the Time Frame in which the credit needs to be used?

The only reason I ask is that, when we were given a similar credit in 2015, there was no date/frame given when we needed to use the credit, yet, when I called to the cruise using the 25% credit we'd received, they gave me a lot of trouble.  

What I'm recommending is that if you're not ready to book your cruise right now in order to receive the 50% off, please, please print off any correspondence with NCL that you've received recently regarding this issue. It will make a huge difference in your future dealings with NCL. 

Wishing everyone happy cruising no matter where you choose to go... BTW... I'd look at some of the more expensive cruises so that the 50% really counts for something.. 😉

Cheers, and good luck. All the best. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, All-ready2cruise said:

For those who've received the email regarding compensation, does it specify the Time Frame in which the credit needs to be used?

In my post a few up from this one, I added the attachment of what we got. It has a date of 12/31/2020,  I have an Alaskan cruise planned, so will go next year, so this is not a problem for me.  If it really is 50% off,  it will be fun finding something more extravagant!   

From the attachment:    "Sail the revised itinerary and receive a 50% refund of the cruise fare paid as well as a 50% future cruise credit valid through December 31, 2020. The future cruise credit will be applied to your account following the sailing."

1 hour ago, 20YearsBetweenCruises said:

I agree that is more likely, but they should really work on the wording to state that clearly!  Either way, I am happy, but would be more happy to get 50% off a cruise🙂

I agree, the wording should be better.  We went through this 2 years ago and I'm sure they will give you 50% of the cruise are paid toward a future cruise.  Looks like they have added wording to clarify that a set amount will be applied to your NCL account after your sailing is completed.  The only glitch we ran into was that our future cruise credit could not be applied to an existing future cruise - only to a new booking.

4 hours ago, Coral said:

Princess has leased their "private island Princess Cays" out to other non CCL lines. I don't think NCL will be going there but it is not impossible.

I didn't know that. Though with royal having two ships as well to reroute I'm sure they would be using it.